Done / Completed Jumanji Board V2 - Animated Riddles @ PG.7 (11/10)

markpoon

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi Guys,

Since Joe Johnston, the director of Jumanji auctioned off his screen used board on eBay, we were finally able to get detail, close-up shots of the original board...

Original & Screen-Used Jumanji Board (Carry Board) *SOLD* | Joe Johnston Sketchbook

Since then, I have been bugging my cnc guy to make me a new board for my collection :D as you can see, we made several improvements to the top so it is much more accurate:

1. the cnc portion is recessed into the top board*
2. correct number of "triangles" on top & bottom
3. more accurate hunter, monkey, rhino & elephant
4. cnc side botton instead of metal button

DSC_1614_zps9a76a8fd.jpg

DSC_1616_zpsbece9996.jpg

topbox_zps76964255.jpg

I have accepted a couple of private commissions & I was wondering if anyone else here is interested? Price is $1,350 + shipping & it'll be fully painted or un-painted if you wish to engage your own painter to do the job... also, lights & sound will be included with your set :thumbsup PM me if you're interested :D

INTEREST
01. mbmcfarland, PAID IN FULL, 08/14, SHIPPED 08/16 [CR921220355SG]
02. Sarednab, PAID IN FULL, 07/18, SHIPPED, 07/19 [CR922483389SG]
03. cocomonk22

RESERVE
01. rootman055

Last edited:
Re: Jumanji Board V2

Hi Greeky04,

Unfortunately, my CNC guy has more than doubled his asking price per board so those who got their boards for $480 got a really good deal :thumbsup

Pity you couldn't do this at or near the same price as your first run.

Hi Greeky04,

Unfortunately, my CNC guy has more than doubled his asking price per board so those who got their boards for $480 got a really good deal :thumbsup

Thats understandable. I really want one of your boards but unfortunately Im not willing to spend that much on it otherwise I would have bid on eBay. Oh well one day I might get one

I might consider this, but due to the high price, I'd like to be sure that some of the imperfections that occured on the other boards (of which I have two of) are not in this one. More specific, these are the little tings that bug me on the boards I have now:

1. Some of the hinges show tiny marks of cracks. I think that with closing and opening, eventually one of the hinges could brake.
2. Some of the old boards didn't had the alignment of the lids 100% correct (on my two boards this is OK).
3. The borders around the board have some slight misalignment here and there, so the diamond shape in the corner is not 100% in the corner, but a bit off..

I can post pictures of 1 and 3 if you want. Also, although the jumanji boards were packed fairly well, both boards came with the outer box torn. Luckily, there was no damage to the boards themselves, but a but more sturdy outer box would be great for shipping.

Maybe I'm being difficult, but $1350 is very much. I think people may expect perfection for that price...

:popcorn$1350 is a reasonable asking price, considering the Jumanji boards issued last year by Markpoon are selling for $1200 to $1600 range.
Yes, I would agree that one would more likely expect the panels and hinges be aligned properly for that much cash.
Thanks for offering Mark. The new upgrade board looks very cool. If I had the cash, I would buy the stash.:p

It looks great Markpoon, however you're basing your details on the stunt board, I believe the triangles were not exactly the same number compared to the hero board and the stunt board x)! But the characters look really great! How many of them are you planning to make?

These V2 boards are built to order, at this moment, I already have a couple of confirmed orders from collectors outside this forum, besides I won't know when my CNC guy will increase his asking price again...

It looks great Markpoon, however you're basing your details on the stunt board, I believe the triangles were not exactly the same number compared to the hero board and the stunt board x)! But the characters look really great! How many of them are you planning to make?
I took a look at the screenshots I made of the movie (the scene where the board is seen first, covert in dirt, and the scene were the kids start playing) and the number of triangles is the same as markpoons sculpt. So this looks allright. Emma, could you post a pic again of your painted board? Maybe this is a good reference for the guy who will do the paintjob on these boards. In my opinion, the paintjob on your board is better than the original paintjob...

Still in doubt about this board. If I want it, I'll have to sell one of the boards I have now to cover a part of the costs. But since I don't have a premium account yet, I can't post a sales thread :-(. Maybe I'll better make some work of getting one...

Good luck with the new boards Mark. Old or new (version), it's an outstanding piece of work mate :)

Hi Emma,

Check out Joe Johnston's board, there are 13 triangles on top & 17 below, exactly the same as my v2 boards ;)

1_zps0f83a9b5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Mike,

Sure thing :thumbsup

mark I'll let you know in a few days if I'm in

That's what Emma is saying: Joe Johnston's board is a stunt board, not the hero board. But as far as I can see the number of triangles on the hero board (I guess the board that's opened in the living room of the house is the hero board) match the number of triangles on this board, so I guess this aspect is OK.

That's what Emma is saying: Joe Johnston's board is a stunt board, not the hero board. ...

That's true, it's not a "hero" board. It's a "carry" board, used for scenes where an actor put it down and open it up. Johnston's board was foam cast out of a "hero" board, so the graphics are identical. But it's not a "stunt" board. The "stunt" boards were made of rubber and are non-functional. They were used for action scenes.

If someone is interested in my Jumanji V1 board let me know, I'm thinking to sell it

markpoon, you can put me on the interest list, if payment for this board can wait until july or august... Or if I can sell one of the boards I have now :).

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back