Judge Dredd Armor

thijs2

I would like to show my progress in my Judge Dredd Movie costume.

Afther I finished (it's never finished) my Batman 89 costume I really wanted to get a Dredd movie costume.

I have been looking for props to buy. Besides a lawgiver kit and a Dredd badge there is not much out there movie related. Yesterday I was lucky enough to get a Helmet kit from Nicksdad. Can't wait to get my hands on it :)

Afther reading some post on this board I gave up the search for a shoulder armor.

So with a little time on my hands and some leftover foam I started to work on the armor.

It got much better than I hoped for.
I used alot of picture I found on this board for reference, so thanks for that.

I was wondering if someone has experience in Fyberglassing a foam build. This because I want to try this with the armor.

Here are a few pictures of the result:

Last edited:
Re: Judge Dedd Armor

Hrmm I dunno, but if you made those same pieces from anti fatigue mats it might save a headache.

I did not really plan this out. It was in the heat of the moment. Because I like what came out makes me want to finish it of by strengthening and painting it.

I love the Movie Armor. Please keep going and finish this.

hardly anyone does these any more.

As for using fiberglass resin:
You'll just have to test it on a scrap piece of that material you're using.

That's the only way you'll know.

hey looks good man:) you can fiberglass on foam you just need to seal it first wood glue works great you just brush on two or three thin(no runs) coats let it dry in-between fully. you can use five or ten minute epoxy but woodglue is cheaper and does an excellent job. I have made several props this way(oversized jason machette, silent hill great knife to name a few. goodluck

Here's a little update:

-I have made the eagle a little bit more screen accurate.
-I coated the foam with three layers of woodglue (Thanks TheBrothersRich for the tip)

I am still waiting on the materials to glass the pieces, so I started to work on a comic Dredd Helmet I bought and a Lawgiver kit.
I have also bought some motocross gloves and painted them.

Here are a few pics:

Last edited:
I just bought these boots, for practically nothing.

A soon as I get them I will just have to paint them and make the shinguard.

Last edited:
The Helmet kit arrived today!!!
I have primed it and started to paint the red on(in picture it looks orange, but it defenitly is red)
I have also bought this USAF uniform. With some work I think it would work out as the movie jacket.

Last edited:
This is looking GREAT. Stallone's Dredd is a guilty pleasure of mine. Not for the plot...or the acting...or several other things. But the costumes, man I LOVED the costumes!

Hey man

Do you have a link to that ebay jacket?

I'd really like to do a street judge costume as well.
I've been looking for something with that collar.

Thank you.

Everything is looking awesome.

I always loved this movie for the costumes.
The fail of the movie was that he was out of the Judge's costume too much.

It was like watching a batman movie and seeing Bruce Wayne in all the actions scenes

Thanks again man!

I know.... I recently just watched the first half of the movie and the moment he is sent to aspen I kinda lost interest :)

Yup, the movie ends for me right there as well.
:(

Should have been a fight to end the block wars and taking out the gang leader. Then finds out the leader is Rico. I dunno.
Something...anything but the actual story.

the problem with the movie is , it started off EPIC " throw down your weapons or prepare to be judged " the opening scene was awesome , and it was all downhill from there , lovin the costume keep it up

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back