"Journal of the Whills" Blu-Ray box set design

Mudron

Apologies in advance if this post is inappropriate for the forum (both in that this is just a drawing and only partially-related to prop-building), but a friend recommend I post this to the RPF, and so away we go:

A few months ago I got to thinking about what the ideal archival box sets for various film series might look like, and being a die-hard Star Wars nut, I thought I'd sketch out a rough take on the kind of ultimate 9-film Star Wars set I'd that folks might like to own and to pass down to their kids.

Now that physical media is going the way of the dodo (to say nothing of how the soundtrack CDs that would be included in this set are already wildly outdated), a set like this would absolutely *have* to have streaming/downloadable versions of all its contents available to anyone who purchases it, but it would be ideal to have the best physical versions of the content available as well in case any of that cloud-based content goes *poof* someday.

Of course, that's assuming anything like this would ever be mass-produced by Disney (which would be pretty damned unlikely) though I'd imagine some enterprising RPFers wouldn't mind bashing together something like this for themselves for fun.

star wars box set 3.jpgstar wars box set 4.jpgstar wars box set 5.jpgstar wars box set 6.jpgstar wars box set 2.jpgstar wars box set 1.jpgView attachment star wars box set 3.psd

Attachments

• tumblr_ns7gskldYz1qbo1fro1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ns7gskldYz1qbo1fro1_1280.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 128
I truly love this idea ... just one comment ... make the chest and content appear a little more weathered ... since it's a story from a long, long time ago ... and welcome aboard :)

Also you do mention Episodes VII - XII in your text, since there were originally 12 episodes planned . . . you'll need room for one more trilogy box set containing Episodes X - XII :wacko

Chaim

Last edited:
You all have got to go to the link in his post. Click on the top of the page where it says "Poop Kaboom". The trading cards signed by Mark H. are hilarious!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back