JJ Armory Inc

Here I am walking away from this thread :) have a nice day

Facebook-20150809-101813.jpg

No worries no one is offended here by yours.

You need to read or re-read the coc as it seems you are missing some of the concepts and rules here by your posts

Again if this type of thread disturbs you then this is really not the place for you.

Have a exhuberant day! :D

What needs to be realized these items take time. Its not like you order and then its shipped off. It takes months to make this stuff, customize, paint or cast items. patients is a virtue with props. And people have other projects they are working on. I think it is very not appropriate to make a thread about someone's business name to bash them. That issue needs to be directed to the seller only and not to the public

Right. All of us know that. However, what the buyer should be able to expect is open and honest communication with realistic time guarantees from the seller.

If you purchase something and the website says it will take a month to assemble and then ship....it should take a month to assemble and ship. If it is going to take longer after the order is placed, the seller needs to communicate that to the buyer before or around the original promised time it would be delivered. If the seller proactively sent out an email at the four week mark and said, "hey, I'm a little backed up right now, this is going to be two more weeks," then most people would be fine with that.

What becomes a problem is when the seller doesn't say anything and it gets to 2 or 3 weeks past the promised delivery date and the buyer has to pester the seller to find out what is going on with their order. That is bad business. Period. That's why I won't order from Parks. Thank God I was able to read about his customer service on here before I went and ordered one of his "in stock ready to ship" MPPs.

Right. All of us know that. However, what the buyer should be able to expect is open and honest communication with realistic time guarantees from the seller.

If you purchase something and the website says it will take a month to assemble and then ship....it should take a month to assemble and ship. If it is going to take longer after the order is placed, the seller needs to communicate that to the buyer before or around the original promised time it would be delivered. If the seller proactively sent out an email at the four week mark and said, "hey, I'm a little backed up right now, this is going to be two more weeks," then most people would be fine with that.

What becomes a problem is when the seller doesn't say anything and it gets to 2 or 3 weeks past the promised delivery date and the buyer has to pester the seller to find out what is going on with their order. That is bad business. Period. That's why I won't order from Parks. Thank God I was able to read about his customer service on here before I went and ordered one of his "in stock ready to ship" MPPs.

Thank you, That is a response I was waiting for. Yes and I believe you are 100% correct sir. It is the responsibility of the seller for a professional product and to keep the customer satisfied. :)

I just wanted to say that a response like yours is how its done on the 405th. Very professional and I thank you for it. I'm not used to people treating fellow members poorly. Others took my post to this thread in a bad way. We are not allowed to talk about purchases or complaints about a purchase in a thread like this on the 405th. It attracts negative attitudes and the 405th doesn't want that happening. So when I see a post about negativity, we 405th members get defensive for the thread owner because we don't tolerate bad/ negative behavior. But I now realize the RPF does tolerate bad behavior. Its just different and im not used to it. But thank you for your respectful response. :)

Thank you, That is a response I was waiting for. Yes and I believe you are 100% correct sir. It is the responsibility of the seller for a professional product and to keep the customer satisfied. :)

I just wanted to say that a response like yours is how its done on the 405th. Very professional and I thank you for it. I'm not used to people treating fellow members poorly. Others took my post to this thread in a bad way. We are not allowed to talk about purchases or complaints about a purchase in a thread like this on the 405th. It attracts negative attitudes and the 405th doesn't want that happening. So when I see a post about negativity, we 405th members get defensive for the thread owner because we don't tolerate bad/ negative behavior. But I now realize the RPF does tolerate bad behavior. Its just different and im not used to it. But thank you for your respectful response. :)

But I've been browsing this sit for a while and i'm starting to understand how things are run here. Once again thank you for your real response, I'm hoping there are more RPF members like you.

But I now realize the RPF does tolerate bad behavior.
So you think the RPF tolerates bad behavior because people disagreed with your way of thinking? Then perhaps you would be happier at the "405th" (whatever THAT is)

So you think the RPF tolerates bad behavior because people disagreed with your way of thinking? Then perhaps you would be happier at the "405th" (whatever THAT is)

If a negative conversation starts a website manager steps in and stops it. Preventing feuds from starting so something bad doesn't happen then we are told to take the conversation to a private one. The 405th and RPF are apart of the same site. The 405th is its own section but ran by the same people. Its on this site just click on popular franchise on the toolbar. I don't think anybody here is bad. Its just a different set of rules I have to get used to. Im the new guy here lol. The last thing I want to do is gain enemies on the first day

So they're just casting the armor pieces and charging you $1,000 for a paint job and they can't get that right? Yikes

Well I paid $650 (plus $100 for inflated shipping), they've recently raised their prices and I ordered without a helmet for a small discount. But they aren't even casting the pieces, it's an off-the-shelf replica from Rubie's that they supposedly "reworked" to make it better, and then gave a custom paintjob. Except that the suit is crap and the paint was half-assed.

Wasn't trying to bash anyone, was trying to give an accurate account of events and I made sure to post when they were fast/polite and open to a refund. If I wanted to bash them I could have just not posted about anything positive from their end, but that would be pretty underhanded. My issue was initially that the shipping estimate came and went without warning, when I asked them about it they gave me an updated estimate specifically because I told them I was going out of town for a time, and then after I got BACK from my trip the item still had not shipped and there was no word from them, so I had to pester them AGAIN, only to receive a very flimsy lie and a shoddy item, and the realization that they had charged me double what the shipping actually cost (they charged me $100, the receipt ON THE BOX was for $52 and change).

Last edited:
Well I paid $650 (plus $100 for inflated shipping), they've recently raised their prices and I ordered without a helmet for a small discount. But they aren't even casting the pieces, it's an off-the-shelf replica from Rubie's that they supposedly "reworked" to make it better, and then gave a custom paintjob. Except that the suit is crap and the paint was half-assed.

Wasn't trying to bash anyone, was trying to give an accurate account of events and I made sure to post when they were fast/polite and open to a refund. If I wanted to bash them I could have just not posted about anything positive from their end, but that would be pretty underhanded. My issue was initially that the shipping estimate came and went without warning, when I asked them about it they gave me an updated estimate specifically because I told them I was going out of town for a time, and then after I got BACK from my trip the item still had not shipped and there was no word from them, so I had to pester them AGAIN, only to receive a very flimsy lie and a shoddy item, and the realization that they had charged me double what the shipping actually cost (they charged me $100, the receipt ON THE BOX was for $52 and change).[/QUOT

Sorry about that bro

and sorry to ever else aswell

Holy crap, why didn't I receive any notifications that this thread was still ongoing?! Glad someone linked me...

I'll be the first to admit we've had huge delays over the last month. There's really no excuse for people receiving their items late. But, my Etsy does state under Shipping and Policies that shipping dates shown are "guidelines, not guarantees". Everyone who purchases one of my items from there I assume reads all of my shop's policies and accepts the possibility of delays. Like many of us here, I'm pretty much just one guy (well, now one guy and his apprentice) working out his garage/backyard... and like many of us here, I screw up, bite off more than I can chew, miss deadlines, experience setbacks and unforeseen difficulties, etc. I am not making excuses; I'm simply being honest.

HOWEVER. Unlike blacklisted and bad sellers, I ALWAYS try to do the right thing for my customers. Every time. I've never taken someone's money and ran, I've never deliberately misled a client, I've NEVER refused to refund a dissatisfied customer (despite my shop policies being listed as no refunds or returns...)

@MustangGTR1, the night night pistols have had HUGE delays, I've tried to keep people posted about the progress, the delay is as frustrating to me as it is to all those who preordered months ago. If I could do it again, I would refuse to take a dime until I had a fully-functioning finished prop pulled from a mold. When you complained that you were sick of waiting, I IMMEDIATELY issued you not only a FULL refund, but an additional $50 IIRC in order to try and make up for the inconvenience.

@zombiegristle, the listing is very clear: "You will receive a supreme Rubies suit, repainted in your requested color scheme and modified to provide a significantly higher-quality appearance". To us, this means getting rid of the crappy bright green with a proper priming, repaint, wash, weathering, and decal/stencilling work, as well as an engraved visor instead of the ****ty default Rubies one. You complained about the paint drips, some missing stencilling, and a lack of clearcoat, and asked for a refund. I apologized and owned up to both the delay and the mistakes, and despite the fact our Policies tabs states no refunds, we IMMEDIATELY agreed to refund you. You have since sent it back to us with tracking, and as soon as your suit arrives you're going to get back every dime that you paid, because we don't think anyone should have to pay for one of our products if they aren't happy with it. I should also note that after the initial delay where you went out of town and came back we refunded you $50 at that time to try and make up for the inconvenience.

Again, I am not trying to make excuses for any sort of delays or inferior work that someone receives. Like I said, I am human, and I can't always get it right. But if someone thinks I got it wrong I will do whatever it takes to MAKE it right. Every time.

Last edited:
The guy is member here, yet he hasn't posted to explain his communications and product issues. Caveat emptor.

I posted up above when Mustang first reported issues keeping in contact with me, explaining my communication and product issues. My Control Panel literally never notified me about any further replies to this thread, and I'd honestly have never known this discussion was ongoing if laellee had not linked me to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted up above when Mustang first reported issues keeping in contact with me, explaining my communication and product issues. My Control Panel literally never notified me about any further replies to this thread, and I'd honestly have never known this discussion was ongoing if @laellee had not linked me to it.

You admitted that you weren't good at responding to emails due to the amount you recieve, I can never really get my head around businesses that make this defence/excuse (and we see it a lot on this forum) :confused

However busy you are, lack of response to enquiries is a huge red flag to anyone purchasing from small businesses, and seems to be what prompted the original posting of this thread. If you want to retain a good reputuation, you cannot afford to 'not have time' to read and respond to your emails.

Glad you are refunding the guys that are unhappy, it sounds like you are maybe taking on too much on, another factor that can drag down even the best of intentions. All those setbacks you mention do happen to us all. Unfortunately, if you don't factor them into your time management they can drag you right down.

All easy to say, of course. It's tough out there for anyone try to keep their head above water in this game, hope you manage to get through it and get back on course.

You admitted that you weren't good at responding to emails due to the amount you recieve, I can never really get my head around businesses that make this defence/excuse (and we see it a lot on this forum) :confused

However busy you are, lack of response to enquiries is a huge red flag to anyone purchasing from small businesses, and seems to be what prompted the original posting of this thread. If you want to retain a good reputuation, you cannot afford to 'not have time' to read and respond to your emails.

Glad you are refunding the guys that are unhappy, it sounds like you are maybe taking on too much on, another factor that can drag down even the best of intentions. All those setbacks you mention do happen to us all. Unfortunately, if you don't factor them into your time management they can drag you right down.

All easy to say, of course. It's tough out there for anyone try to keep their head above water in this game, hope you manage to get through it and get back on course.

Yeah, like I said, I'm not in the business of making excuses, it is what it is. Orders get delayed and people can either choose to be patient or they can ask for their money back; I will gladly agree to either because I know what it's like to be in that kind of situation (on both sides of the transaction).

I just wanted to address the (apparently?) damning nature of me not explaining/defending myself in this thread sooner. I literally had no idea there had been new replies since May 30th. Had I known there was an ongoing discussion here I would have been a willing participant weeks ago.

All of your guys' concerns are valid and very real. I bought a First Order stormtrooper suit and blaster from him. Went way out of my way to pay immediately (a very large amount) 3 months ago, bugged him constantly on a weekly basis because he wasn't sending me anything or giving me updates, and three months later I still haven't received the blaster. After more excuses about paint drying on a new gun, he said he could send me his personal, used blaster so I wouldn't have to wait longer. Fine, whatever, let's just get me the blaster I paid for, yes? Months later, nothing. Paid full price for a new gun and still nothing. He makes a lot of promises and excuses why he doesn't communicate or why he hasn't shipped something and most of the time it's bullcrap. If he wanted to get your order done and over with, he'd prioritize it. It's almost awkward being Facebook friends with him and seeing him constantly do photoshoots and all this other stuff in his free time, yet he can't put aside a few hours to finish my order after 3 months? I will delete this post if I end up getting my blaster in time for Comic Con but he is still ignoring my messages on Facebook after claiming he shipped it 2 weeks ago. Easily the worst transaction experience of my life. Would not recommend buying from him unless you're in absolutely zero rush to get your item...and if you don't mind eventually reminding him to actually send it to you.

Last edited:
Well crap. I wish that I'd come across this thread before I commissioned an E7-11 blaster from him at the beginning of August. When I placed my order he indicated that he had a partially completed blaster in the works and would be shipping it within two weeks. Since then I haven't been able to get any kind of updates or even a response via Facebook messenger. Very disappointing to say the least. As someone who owns and operates a products and services oriented business I can't imagine treating my customers this way. Thanks to all for the insights.

Hopefully this post will help to trigger some kind of response. I'm not in a rush, but do expect some kind of communication and engagement regarding delivery!

Sent from my SM-N930W8 using Tapatalk

So here I am almost a year later and I have received *zero* updates or replies from @JJ Griffin on the status of the E7-11 blaster that I paid for in August of 2016. Very disappointing. I hope that too many others haven't been burned in the time in between.

I definitely got burned by him as well.

The sad thing is he and I partnered together before producing parts for his Rey staff kits, and he sent me his Magnoli Finn jacket to have me weather it. He sent me some money to have it overnighted back to him in time for a con, but never paid me for the work I did, and also never delivered on a FOTK pistol and Riot Baton I paid for either.

After months of defending him to others and then realizing I'd been shafted too, I filed for a refund on the pistol and Riot Baton and got it. Still sucks that he decided to turn this way after having built a good rep here.

Why is he not banned yet?

:behave

All the threads in the Junkyard for him are completely dead or have been taken over by other makers...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back