JFcustom's FOAM files

Dumb question, I am new to this foam building and plan to build an iron man suit soon and was wondering is there a way to resize the files without buying the full pepakura download? All I have is the free viewer files and I have built a few pieces out of cardboard for test fits and there too small. Like the cod was off by a good 3-6 inches and chest was off and what not. I know there is tutorials online how to resize but it looks like you have to purchase the full version. Is there a way to get around this?

Thanks!
Andrew!

Hi Andrew:thumbsup

I'm not sure about Pepakura Viewer,but when you've opened Pepakura Designer and go to 2D settings/change scale,you can change anything you want and print it.The only difference with the full version is that you can save your changes,but it doesn't prevent you from printing.

If the files are set by the creator/unfolder to only open with Viewer and are locked,there's not much you can do.I had the same thing with a free (but locked) Godzilla head file that was released.I thought of using this,but couldn't change the size to cover a human head.I was left with a miniature head that I now would have to manually resize by drawing each rectangle and enlarge it,which would have taken me months if not longer,so that's a dead end.

Width depends on the size of the roll of foam.
Thickness of the foam depends on what you need or want.I think you can choose from 3mm - 12mm maximum.

Thanks George! Ill have to look into Pepakura viewer and see if it will allow me to switch to 2d settings and adjust to scale. I have not messed with Pepakura much so when I get home from work tonight ill have to give it a try! Thanks

What's wrong with the unfolds that colin83 has been uploading for you? Have you already built all of those parts?
Nothing is wrong with them, it's just that it's taking a while for each piece and I was wondering if someone else would like to give it a shot, u know, like different versions and unfolds.

Nothing is wrong with them, it's just that it's taking a while for each piece and I was wondering if someone else would like to give it a shot, u know, like different versions and unfolds.
dude its impolite to be hijacking someone elses thread like this, especially when you already have a thread of your own and someone is unfolding for you, if its being done slowly that's because he is doing it for you for free around his other commitments/ personal life, I would suggest if you wanted it done quick then you should have paid someone to unfold.

dude its impolite to be hijacking someone elses thread like this, especially when you already have a thread of your own and someone is unfolding for you, if its being done slowly that's because he is doing it for you for free around his other commitments/ personal life, I would suggest if you wanted it done quick then you should have paid someone to unfold.
I am NOT hijacking this thread, but yes, u are right about me having a thread of my own which is completely fine by itself. But I thought someone else might want to help and I wanted to get some attention so I put on this specific thread. I'm sorry if I seemed impolite. I'm stll kinda new to pepakura and I was just super excited when I found the Batman Beyond model and wanted unfolded. I guess I am overreacting a bit and a little too confident I'll get help. Sorry again.

Cool, nice apology. But you did Hijack the thread.... Even if you didn't mean to, you tagged YOUR OWN OTHER THREAD, which by it's own nature, is Hijacking.
So, you have two options now... Actually three...

One. SHUT UP. Some guy might offer everything you want for free, on your schedule. Please realize, a shin takes A DAY, a fore arm A DAY. And this is all for a guy with no appreciation. And saying please when asked? Why are you confused about respect and common courtesy? Also, I call bull**** on you.
You said you were young, You even said you knew nothing about Paypal.

You are a waste of space here. And that is sad, because every ally and amenity is RIGHT HERE for you. The RPF is truly the best support. We have a base of amazing people, amazing knowledge, and, more than that, amazing friends.

Yes, there is a bit of pretentiousness, but really we are all RIGHT HERE, and willing to answer. I promise, But be respectful.

Cool, nice apology. But you did Hijack the thread.... Even if you didn't mean to, you tagged YOUR OWN OTHER THREAD, which by it's own nature, is Hijacking.
So, you have two options now... Actually three...

One. SHUT UP. Some guy might offer everything you want for free, on your schedule. Please realize, a shin takes A DAY, a fore arm A DAY. And this is all for a guy with no appreciation. And saying please when asked? Why are you confused about respect and common courtesy? Also, I call bull**** on you.
You said you were young, You even said you knew nothing about Paypal.

You are a waste of space here. And that is sad, because every ally and amenity is RIGHT HERE for you. The RPF is truly the best support. We have a base of amazing people, amazing knowledge, and, more than that, amazing friends.

Yes, there is a bit of pretentiousness, but really we are all RIGHT HERE, and willing to answer. I promise, But be respectful.
I was about to shut up but then you come along and make matters more... complex. I already said I was sorry and I am. I am not a waste of space though, everyone here has a say or an opinion but I'm just gonna SHUT UP NOW because that's what you're probably thinking right now and want me to do, since when does the new guy get to have so much and do whatever he wants. Well obviously that's not going to happen now but you know what, I probably wasn't going to get help unfolding, but if I did(and I guess I did anyways though)I was willing to share the files with the entire community for people to admire and use and make something cool and new out of it. And I'm going to once they are all unfolded. But Yes, I do see your point. I will SHUT UP now.

Wow.... Where to begin....

I am actually Spanish speaking, so the video is very well done, to explain something that is really quite a pain no matter what.

Having said that,

WHAT? I think the problem now is more of a language barrier, not a 'I can't find files' barrier.

English is by no means the standard here, there are people from around the world speaking several languages who contribute to the RPF all the time.

I'd love to help, but I don't know how to right now.

PS- Get the hell off of your caps.

Hola premium lo que trataba de decir es que quiero los planos de las armaduras y no se donde encontrarlo en esta pagina agradeceria muicho su ayuda que tenga un buen fin de semana..

Also, the 65D starts getting quite pasty pretty quickly, so try it out on a test piece 1st, to get used to how it reacts.
It's worth decanting out small amounts at a time (I used empty spice jars to store shall amounts and used the lids to measure out equal amounts of the 2 parts for mixing) and using a mixing tub with a wide, flat base (like a margarine tub). As this gives you a shallower volume spread, it doesn't get pasty as quickly. I found that a narrower tub gave a greater depth and so the reaction occurred quicker, giving less time to apply it. If it starts getting pasty, give up on that mix, let it dry, then continue with a new batch, as it starts dragging and you get pasty lines forming.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Talon, this is very good advice. I recently tried to coat a helmet in 65D using a cup full of resin. The first half of the helmet went OK, but the second half was a disaster. Tried to use the same batch of resin. In the cup, it looked fine (and I had worked very quickly on the first half), but as I was bringing it out, it started to thicken almost instantly. The cup was generating some pretty serious heat and ultimately it clogged right up very very quickly. Had to remove what I could from the 2nd half of helmet and will have to sand what is left back.

When I tried the test piece it was in the same type of cup but much much less liquid - so the volume was much shallower. The test amount worked completely differently to the amount used on the actual piece. I would say that, as you pointed out, the depth of the resin caused it to react quicker - giving me much less time to work with. I didn't even have time to react to the pastiness it happened that quickly.

I've got some large yoghurt tubs that I will try with my next attempt at the helmet. When I get back to it. The sanding is going to be a pain...

Might see if I can dig up something that allows for a little longer working time than just 3 mins.

Something wide, like the plastic or metal trays you get take out food in would probably be good for mixing a small amount in. That way, it stays shallow, but there's still a decent amount to work with. Don't try and do a whole helmet at once. Do it in sections & if you leave each section about 35-40 mins, or should be dry enough to do the next section/coat.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back