Jeremy Renner in critical but stable condition after accident

Oh man. Saw this this morning. C’mon Arrow Guy, you got this. Hawk Guy is always in the hospital.

Legit my fave part of End Game. I hope he’s well.

Second surgery for him; still in critical but stable condition. He was the only one involved in the accident with his "Snow Cat".
It ran over his leg and the first witness on the site was a doctor who was able to put a tourniquet.
Despite this; he had a significant loss of blood. He was airlifted from the scene.
Here's a pic of his "Snow Cat" with Jeremy driving it. This is not a toy; serious machine as you can see.

chine_that_is_believed_to_have_b-a-1_1672752683726.jpg

Here's wishing him the best and fastest recovery one could have after such a terrible accident.
Please hang in there, Jeremy !

Seems that he was driving that "Snow Cat" when he stopped and jumped out of it to help a neighbor. The vehicle jumped a gear and he tried to jump back in...problem is that, if you look at the pic, you'll have to jump on moving trackso_O:oops::eek: and that's how his leg was trapped under the whole thing.

Seems that he was driving that "Snow Cat" when he stopped and jumped out of it to help a neighbor. The vehicle jumped a gear and he tried to jump back in...problem is that, if you look at the pic, you'll have to jump on moving trackso_O:oops::eek: and that's how his leg was trapped under the whole thing.
I know several local people here that have lost loved ones doing this very maneuver on bulldozers.

Yeah I just googled it. The sources are doubting the leg will ever fully recover and it may still have to be amputated. Sucks.

If he keeps the leg & gets out of the woods, then I'm guessing he makes a surprising recovery.

It may be a permanent limp/disability. (His Hawkeye & Bourne days are probably over.) But I'll bet we see him walking onscreen again within the next few years. These kinds of top actors tend to be healthier than average and very motivated. Their livelihood depends heavily on their body just like a pro athlete.

Yeah I just googled it. The sources are doubting the leg will ever fully recover and it may still have to be amputated. Sucks.

If he keeps the leg & gets out of the woods, then I'm guessing he makes a surprising recovery.

It may be a permanent limp/disability. (His Hawkeye & Bourne days are probably over.) But I'll bet we see him walking onscreen again within the next few years. These kinds of top actors tend to be healthier than average and very motivated. Their livelihood depends heavily on their body just like a pro athlete.
Hoping he doesn't but with his fanbase the opportunity for enhanced storyline changes are always possible.

As a person who chose to have an amputation, there are times that keeping the leg will result in a MUCH lower quality of life than loosing it. I had a bone issue that kept me either off my feet, in a walking boot, in a cast from the knee down, or in a wheelchair on & off for almost 10 years. I finally just decided to lose the leg altogether & it was one of the singularly greatest decisions that I ever made.

When I told my family my decision, it was amazing the differences in reactions. Those I was in regular contact with were extremely supportive & glad the previous issues were coming to an end, but extended family were absolutely horrified that I would consider "voluntarily ruining my life". Around the same time, a friend's cousin was told by his doctor that he would have to lose a couple of toes. The man, who was middle aged, couldn't deal with the thought, & actually ended his life over the idea of losing a body part. Another lady my brother works with had her ankle fused after a motorcycle accident, & told him that she wished she had the courage to have just had an amputation instead.

I guess my point is, I'm seeing about the same differing reactions online regarding Mr Renner, & I sincerely can say from my experience that it's all about attitude. My lifelong philosophy has been this-

If you have a problem & identify the problem, if you don't fix the problem, then YOU'RE the problem.

My leg was a problem, & it sounds like from his injuries, his could be one as well.

As a person who chose to have an amputation, there are times that keeping the leg will result in a MUCH lower quality of life than loosing it. I had a bone issue that kept me either off my feet, in a walking boot, in a cast from the knee down, or in a wheelchair on & off for almost 10 years. I finally just decided to lose the leg altogether & it was one of the singularly greatest decisions that I ever made.

When I told my family my decision, it was amazing the differences in reactions. Those I was in regular contact with were extremely supportive & glad the previous issues were coming to an end, but extended family were absolutely horrified that I would consider "voluntarily ruining my life". Around the same time, a friend's cousin was told by his doctor that he would have to lose a couple of toes. The man, who was middle aged, couldn't deal with the thought, & actually ended his life over the idea of losing a body part. Another lady my brother works with had her ankle fused after a motorcycle accident, & told him that she wished she had the courage to have just had an amputation instead.

I guess my point is, I'm seeing about the same differing reactions online regarding Mr Renner, & I sincerely can say from my experience that it's all about attitude. My lifelong philosophy has been this-

If you have a problem & identify the problem, if you don't fix the problem, then YOU'RE the problem.

My leg was a problem, & it sounds like from his injuries, his could be one as well.
I don't have the correct words to show my appreciation for your post. My recently deceased father, today is his birthday, couldn't deal with canes and walkers and similar elderly walking aids, and spent many years struggling with issues that others had already solved. I currently have two friends going through the same with their fathers. The tools exist, use them. But I couldn't possibly phrase it better than you already did, so I will leave it at "read the previous comment above".

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back