Jenny's E-11 build WIP

Sakura1618

So I figured I needed a build to keep myself busy during the ongoing quarantine, and I settled on starting a 3D printed E-11. Not sure if I'm going to do a costume to go with it yet or not (especially since I don't know how the RS TK armour runs size-wise and stuff).

Either way, one quick run to Thingiverse later, and here I am running off the barrel shroud. Already know I'm going to have to true up the vent holes a little since Cura decided not to support them properly.

9l0cY0Wt.jpg

The RS armor is exactly like the film armor, and is sized to fit 5'9"-6'1" or thereabouts. You'd have to check their page, but, if you watch ANH, you're basically looking at RS armor, since there's is based on a real screen used suit.

The RS armor is exactly like the film armor, and is sized to fit 5'9"-6'1" or thereabouts. You'd have to check their page, but, if you watch ANH, you're basically looking at RS armor, since there's is based on a real screen used suit.

And I'm all of 5' 6". Damn.

-insert "a little short to be a Stormtrooper" joke here-

But yeah I left a FB comment asking about sizing and should really have used their contact email to do it instead.

Last edited:
OK, I've got some emailing going back and forth with RS about the armour sizes and I've moved onto the second part of the main receiver. Also got the front sight, bayonet lug and both deflectors printed but I don't have pictures.

IMG_0404.JPG

EDIT: Aaaand it looks like they think it would need a lot of work to fit me after all. Oh well. Also I really should've checked that before I started this print project. :(

Last edited:
Check out this thread for info on making RS armor fit a shorter person.

Check out this thread for info on making RS armor fit a shorter person.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely keep that in mind although I'm also considering putting an order in with ArmoryShop when they open up again.

So here's my test fitting of the Hengstler and scope rail together.

Annoyingly, Cura ate the trades on the Hengstler and even after multiple trial and error passes the pegs holding the two halves together were just a hair too small, so they drifted out of alignment slightly. Argh.

IMG_0415.JPG

Well, add the bolt spring to the list of things Cura decided to mess up, in this case by only putting support release on the very top and very bottom, making the support basically impossible to detach, until this inevitably happened.
IMG_0416.JPG

So I'm considering leaving this build for now and finding a different sidearm prop for my TI build.

EDIT: Traced the problem to me being a bonehead with how I oriented the sprint in Cura - if I'd kept it on its side and just spun it round to fit in the safety margins it would've been fine. At least this way I've only lost one print day rather than all the time involved in starting over from scratch. Even if I think an SE-14 would make more sense as a sidearm - pistols seem more like a pilot thing than a full rifle.

Last edited:
OK, so went quiet on this since it evolved into more of a display piece than a prop build for now.

Either way, this is where things stand right now.

IMG_0433.JPG
IMG_0432.JPG

To do: Got a new mainspring in the printer right now. Need to reprint the magazine and counter parts, and need to print a new scope since running down the variations, if I've got a straight mount rail and a small eagle counter then I need an M19, not the M38 I printed at the wrong orientation that's fitted right now.

Hey that looks great so far! Even though it's 3D printed it has a good beat up look to it that all sterlings...errr E-11s should have. Can't wait to see more.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back