Jeff Parks/ USK's UPDATE 1-17-2007

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by James Kenobi 1138, Nov 29, 2005.

1. James Kenobi 1138

James Kenobi 1138 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

******************************* Kobolds Recieved************************************

After like 4 years, my 2 Parks USK Kobolds showed up yesterday in the mail.

kobold002-vi.jpg

They are nice, except for the incorrect screws holding the mounting bracket. Not only are the screws the wrong color, size, and type, but the screw heads reamed out the bracket when they were screwed in place.

kobold004-vi.jpg
    **************************************************************************************
    I decided to just call up Jeff at Park Sabers and get the skinny on the USK's.

First, I checked my Paypal history and I Paypaled ITBEDAVE on 6-19-04 for $414.00, the cost of 2 USK's.

I checked ITBEDAVES website, and according to his site 25 orders have shipped, although that does not list how many actual kits shipped.

Jeff said Dave had placed an order for 15 USK's on 9-8-05.

Jeff told me that he had called Dave around Thanksgiving and left a message because Dave was not home. He also said that he had sent an email to Dave asking if Dave wanted to email Jeff with addresses and he would just ship the USK's direct.

Jeff said he did not recieve an email back from Dave, or a phone call, and he figured Dave must be out of town for the holiday or something.

Jeff said that since he did not recieve any response from Dave about shipping the USK's, he shipped the 15 USK's ordered on Saturday 11-26-05 directly to Dave.

Jeff also said that there were some delays in the USK's, but he had shipped all orders to Dave for the bulk order and he had fulfiled his responsibility for that order. I asked if the new order for 15 was part of that order, Jeff said he did not know but he said he had no outstanding orders with Dave for USK's.

I'm at the point now where I either want my 2 kits or I want a refund from ITBEDAVE for $414.00 so I can order from Parks direct.</span></span>

Maybe Dave can chime in here and provide a master list of everyone on the RPF order, as that Thread fell of the board long ago. I would like to know where my name was on the list, and when my order will be shipped.

If Dave owes you for a kit from the original RPF BULK ORDER ONLY, please post here and I will add you to the list.

1. James Kenobi 1138 RECIEVED
    2. James Kenobi 1138 RECIEVED
    3. OdiWan72 RECIEVED
    4. OdiWan72 RECIEVED
    5. OdiWan72 RECIEVED
    6. sabersiao RECIEVED
    7. Gigatron RECIEVED
    8. Jockavich
    9. Danvader (Obi Saber only) RECIEVED
    10. Darth Lars RECIEVED
    11. Darth Lars (+ Graflex) RECIEVED
    12. Clancampbell RECIEVED
    13. Propcicle RECIEVED
    14. dcarty RECIEVED
    15. DLO Studios (Obi saber only) RECIEVED
    16. steveday72 RECIEVED
    17. StefTrooper (MPP only) <span style="color:red"> RECIEVED

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  2. phase pistol

phase pistol Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have my kit but am still missing the Kobold replica which was supposed to be part of it and never shipped.

- Karl

3. James Kenobi 1138

Jeff said the Kobold bodies are already machined, but he needed to research all the buttons and such, and when he had those finished and added he would get those shipped.

He said he had machined all the Kobold parts in his shop because he was having problems with China on producing them.

4. Dr. J

Dr. J Active Member

I spoke with Jeff today as well concerning the Kobolds. He said he hopes to have them by early this year. He also said he had 300 Graflex bodies, 20 MPP's and NO OWK's (but was expecting more).

5. OdiWan72

OdiWan72 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I ordered THREE USK´s plus a graflex over 1 1/2 years ago :angry

I asked Dave several times to ship just the MPPs, Obis and the Graflex, back when he updated his site, stating that he´d be able to ship partial kits...no reply at all :unsure

15 USK´s seem to be not enough IMHO.

Markus

6. sabersiao

sabersiao Active Member

i still have yet to receive my 1 USK

7. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

Ordered and paid for 1 USK through the RPF bulk order on 11/19/04.

-Fred

8. James Kenobi 1138

9. JediLip

JediLip Well-Known Member

On June 28, 2004, I paid for just the MPP. I got the MPP, minus some of the parts to it. I know this isn't nearly as bad as those that haven't gotten anything. :(

I know others are waiting for their MPP parts too. Does he have them in and just hasn't shipped them?

10. James Kenobi 1138

He didn't say anything about the missing MPP parts, but I didn't ask either.

11. danvader

danvader Well-Known Member

On July 2004, I paid for just the MK3 kit.
    I am still waiting for it.....
    I got an e-mail from Dave yesterday but he didn't mention the 15 USKs from jeff.

12. Darth Lars

Darth Lars Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I paid for two USK:s and a Graflex on 06-19-04, and have not received anything.

As OdiWan72, I am overseas and have previously agreed to wait for the full order to come in before having it shipped but has later asked Dave to ship me everything but the Kobold.
    Dave replied me on October 13 to say that he would, but that he had not received any kits by then. The last update on his site is from October 23.

13. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

Add me to that list dude. ordered 1 set a year and a half ago and have so far received nothing.
    Rich

14. RKW

RKW Sr Member

Am I missing something here but why when the sale took place 06-19-04 was an order only placed 9/8/05?? What was the cause of the delay in ordering?

15. Jockavich

Jockavich Well-Known Member

I am in for a USK and a graflex with a yoda house kit.

16. propcicle

propcicle Well-Known Member

I paid Dave early in the year for a USK. I too would like to see a list of outstanding orders based on what you heard from Parks. 15 kits doesn't sound like that many too me.

-Propcicle

17. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

"Oh, oh...car 54...(Dave Snedigar) Where are you?"
    I'm with you JK1138.....if i don't get my kit in the next 2 weeks, i want my money back.

This situation has gone on long enough....

Rich

18. James Kenobi 1138

19. stormpath

stormpath Active Member

long long time ago. my friend order two set USK. one set is a gift for me. we are still missing some parts for the MPP and the driod caller... but we are not on RPF list. I just want to receive my parts soon too...

20. dcarty

dcarty Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm still waiting for my MPP from the bulk order. Paypal'd on July 7, 2004.

Dave Carty

21. amish

amish Sr Member

Hi guys, though I have not ordered anything and am not involved, I was wondering if anyone knew ITBEDave's Ebay ID?(if he has one) Just curious.

Thanks.

Tom

edit: Nevermind, I found it, its ITBEDave (if its him) he has sold a lot of lightsaber replicas in the past year or so it seems from the feedback left for him.

I hope none belonged to any of you. (I apologize that this statement sounded like an attack on ITBEDave. If I have offended anyone, I do truly apologize. -2:28pm EST)

I am not trying to stir the pot, but I just find it quite curious.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...bedave&frm=1728

22. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yes, he did sell a bunch of sabers in the past year, to help cover the split kits that everyone was requesting - it was a gesture to help out the bulk order

I think assumptions like that should NOT be made, ever, about Dave's integrity and I am personally offended that you would suggest that about someone who is going through exactly what everyone here is going through, it is hard to ship something you don't have :angry

Jim - I commend you on calling JP and getting the story from the horses mouth about the order - I just wish we could hear from Dave himself as well :confused

Dave

23. Polluxius

Polluxius Active Member

Dave, I do not think that Tom was trying to accuse anyone. He was just trying to help, Tom is a great guy. I am sure he just wants to make sure that everyone gets the sabers they ordered. :)

24. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I realize that the intentions are good, but I will NOT stand by while someone questions the integrity of a friend

Dave

25. Polluxius

Polluxius Active Member

I understand Dave, I would do the same :D

26. amish

amish Sr Member

Dave,

I understand your anguish with me and I want you to know that I was not aware that he had sold some things on ebay to help with the bulk order. I admit it was my mistake and apologize if my remarks had been taken as an attack against ITBEDave.

Like I said earlier, I found it quite curious. I also thought it was in the best interest of those involved to be aware of his ebay sales. Since one does have to do with the other.

I offer my apologies to you and ITBEDave for this and hope you understand my curiosity in his ebay sales. IF this caused you any undue stress as well, please forgive me.

Thanks for taking the time to post what you did.

Tom

27. Sporak

Sporak Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

I just want to add my voice toward ItBeDaves integrity...

He's not trying to scam anyone...he just stepped up and volunteered to coordinate the USK's for everyone so we all could get a good deal...

Unfortunately he is rueing the day he offered I'll bet.

It became a massive undertaking without the product support.

At least we here can offer him OUR support.

He's not making a thing on these, in fact I'm quite sure he's lost some money.

28. amish

amish Sr Member

Hi Sporak,

Like I said, I apologize if my message came about harsh and negative towards ITBEDave. I do not know the man and I only know what information I had in front of me.

I thought it would be best to share the information I had with the membership for their benefit.

Once again, please know that I apologize if you think I was trying to attack him, I realize my mistake in wording and hopefully anyone offended will accept my apology. Otherwise, I will be sure not to bother with this issue again accept for offering my apology to those offended.

Thanks for listening,

Tom

29. DLO Studios

DLO Studios Well-Known Member

I ordered just the Obi saber on 10-1-04.

30. James Kenobi 1138

I'm proud to call ITBEDAVE a friend, I know he's not scamming anyone.

I think shipping materials were included in the original cost, but I'd be willing to Paypal the shipping cost again just to get the kits. Patience is a virtue and I know real life is way, way more important then anything we talk about here, but 2 years is a really long time to wait for something that many people already have because they bought from Parks direct, or from Andy, or off Ebay from someone who bought from Parks direct, or whatever.

Dave will always be the man to me for taking on this responsibility, and the trouble, but enough is enough. I'm tired of waiting.

Plus, money is a little tight and I was hoping to sell off some of the pieces and parts I don't need/want. I can't sell what I don't have.

31. Darth Lars

I wonder how many kits Dave has received in total.

.. and Parksabers is not in trouble, is it? (I hope)

32. itbedave

itbedave New Member

Hi guys - sorry to be scarce - but I barely have had time to do much outside of kids and work lately (I just got on here to read about the Obi emitter and gear discovery this week.) Anyway - I've not disappeared, and kept in touch with anyone who's PMd or e-mail me directly. I don't have time for audits or arguments - I just want to get my part of this wrapped up ASAP. Believe me - I understand and appreciate your frustration. And all I can do is say I'm sorry and finish up on these orders.

And with that - as James mentioned already - I got more kits in this week and am busy right now assembling parts, building boxes, packing, labeling, etc.. My goal is to get them all out by Monday. You will each get a shipping notice by e-mail when it ships. If your e-mail address or mailing address has changed recently, please do me a favor and go back and fill out my online confirmation form once more. I know nothing would PO me more than to wait nearly 2 years for something only to have it ship to the wrong address and be tied up in the postal system for weeks.

I know I still owe some of you missing parts - and those are coming next with a little help from a friend here. Kobolds - whenever they finally are done - will be shipped to you directly from Parks. He's agreed to take my order list once I've shipped everything and ship them directly himself once they are completed.

Again - I apologize for not being visible as of late - life just took over my time (I didn't get a chance to build a prop or pour resin in any sort this past summer. ARGH.) And I'm sorry this has drawn out as long as it has. It certainly was not my intention. And a special thanks to everyone who's been so patient and encouraging along the way.

Dave

P.S. None of my eBay auctions were for USKs or any part from them. They were mostly Parks Graflexes - and none were from outstanding bulk orders.

33. James Kenobi 1138

Dave, thanks for the update.

34. Darth Lars

Thanks Dave. That's good to hear. :)

35. neosporing

neosporing Sr Member

I sent 160.00 bucks to david on Jul. 9, 2004 thru paypal for the obi only. When it was taking too long, i asked him if i could just change my order to the ESB Luke (with grips and el blade) and I instantly got an email reply back from him saying it will cost me 60 more bucks. I sent it off and received my 1st replica prop. I was dissapointed that my first replica wasn't Obi's ANH saber but being my first replica ever ordered i couln't stand the waiting any longer.

I have been following the drama from day one, and have nothing but admiration and sympathy for everyones patience and trust. I sincerly hope everyone gets what they ordered.

36. James Kenobi 1138

I'm sure we will.

37. pmrjulio

pmrjulio New Member

I ordered direcly form Parks (not via Dave).
    My ordered was placed on Feb '05.
    I had the idea that I waited a long time. I'm only waiting for the Kobold flash.

I talked to him over the phone, last week. I asked him if he could give me something instead and he offered one of his belts.
    So, if anyone here wants a jedi belt, you can ask him to trade your kobold for it...

38. James Kenobi 1138

Also good info to know if anyone needs a belt.

39. PodRacer X

PodRacer X Active Member

Dave has been great in all my dealings with him. I don't blame him for the delays, though I admit I check his update website weekly. I placed an order for 2 USK's on June 10, 2004 and I've received everything except a handfull of parts from the MPP's and the Kobolds, of course.

40. JediRacer

JediRacer New Member

Hello, I'm brand new here.. well, I was finally allowed to register that is.
    Anyway, I ordered a USK from Dave right after Comic-Con last year through the Rebelscum group buy, and I haven't received anything either. I also do not blame Dave. I know this is something he wishes he never got involved with. I just hope to get the kit sometime before I die. To have to wait over a year and a half for something without any good excuses is really inexcuseable on Parks' part.

When I ordered the USK, I was totally single. Since then, I met someone, got married, and bought a house. Wait until my wife sees two lightsaber props show up at my door when we're trying hard to save money right now.. whoops.

41. James Kenobi 1138

Any updates on the shipping Dave?

42. steveday72

steveday72 Well-Known Member

I sent Dave $210.50 for 1 x USK on July 27th 2004.

If exchanges for the non-existent Kobolds are an option, I'd take an extra MPP instead of the Kobold.

Steve
    (steveday72)

43. James Kenobi 1138

steveday72, were you part of the original RPF order, or did you order after the initial sign-up list?

44. mbmcfarland

mbmcfarland Sr Member

I have been holding off posting, since I got most of my kit. I was part of the original bulk order about 18 months ago. I am still missing the small MPP parts and the Kobold.

Mike

45. steveday72

steveday72 Well-Known Member

I believe I was part of the original RPF order ... which happened within a few days of the USK's being announced.

Steve

46. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

So, i'll definitely not be getting my USK in time for Christmas.....triffic..... :cry
    Rich

47. James Kenobi 1138

Dave, any updates on the shipping?

48. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

C'mon Dave...where are you man?
    Rich

49. Sporak

Sporak Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

Hi JediRacer,

Yeah, but you already paid for them right?

Welcome to the RPF by the way :)

50. James Kenobi 1138

I emailed Dave 2 days ago, asking about a shipping update. Hopefully he will update us soon.