Jedi trainings remote rim size question

Flixen

Hey there im building a studio scale jedi training remote at the moment.

1322689781_DSC_3678.JPG

so far i have most of the kit´s and a frind of mine ordert the
2 AMT Kenworth T600A Kit from ebay for me.
I will get them when i go to the US and visit him after Christmas.
But i would like to get the remote mostly done in the meantime.

It would be really cool if someone couldhelp me out with 2 meshurments.
So could some one please tell me the exact diameter of the rim inluding the outer lip. And the hole that is requiret to fit the rim.

Thank´s a lot!!!!

Felix

When I did mine I drilled smaller holes and enlarged with a sanding drum until they just barely fit so they did not need glue.

The real remote uses 8 rims, 4 without lug nuts and 4 with. They are placed on the remote so that you get two sides to it... with no alternating or mixing of the two types. Unfortunately I do not have the kit parts in front of me to measure but I do recall the holes for the truck wheels were slightly less than 3/4." Sorry it's not metric.

Here is a quote from Frank Cerney's Build log:

"You will need a hole 2.2 cm (7/8 inch drill bit is what I used)"

Now, of course, I would suggest practicing on some scrap material just to make sure.

Question about what The RealMcFly said. He stated:

"The real remote uses 8 rims, 4 without lug nuts and 4 with. They are placed on the remote so that you get two sides to it... with no alternating or mixing of the two types."

So does he mean that the top gets 4 of one kind and the bottom gets 4 of the other kind instead of an alternating pattern? And if so which ones go on top, the ones with the nuts or the ones without?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back