Jedi Robe Pattern

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by ferrick, Mar 9, 2015.

1. ferrick

ferrick New Member

I was wondering if anyone could give me a good pattern link for a Jedi robe as well as a tunic if possible.There were some threads already up in the forum, but they were all from years ago and most of the links didn't work. I was also curious to see if anyone had any cloth recommendations, I'm a novice so I'm trying to figure out what would be good for this. Preferably not wool, I'd rather not die of a heat stroke. Also, how much would I have to get probably? Thanks a bunch!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  2. Sym-Cha

Sym-Cha Master Member

Hi ferrick and welcome aboard,

As per request here you go : http://www.padawansguide.com/robe.shtml the OB1 in ANH is even simpler since that hood was just a square or rectangular shape ... no curve as shown here. That's why it had a pointy tip. Best to get a wool or wool-like blend ... those fall the best when wearing ... and do not have to be thick at all ... just read the link ;)

The prequel robes were more elaborate with a 'tuck' on the shoulders ... I just made them on my last 'fleece' robe which completely altered the overall appearance immediately. But for a simple robe it's not necessary :)

Chaim

3. division 6

division 6 Master Member

It's funny that the site has McCalls pattern for a woman's cloak when they or one of the on there companies put out an actual Jedi costume pattern.

4. ferrick

ferrick New Member

I don't suppose you have a link or any more info for that, do you?

5. division 6

division 6 Master Member

Google is your friend.
    link