JB ESB HOW ACCURATE IS IT?

DRAGONFLY

Hi there,

I am a new member to this forum and I've just aquired a JB ESB helmet. I was just wondering how accurate to the original was it?
It looks great and the paint work is very sharp. Would be great to get some feed back.

Thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>(DRAGONFLY @ Jun 28 2006, 12:10 PM) [snapback]1270020[/snapback]</div>
Hi there,

I am a new member to this forum and I've just aquired a JB ESB helmet. I was just wondering how accurate to the original was it?
It looks great and the paint work is very sharp. Would be great to get some feed back.

Thanks.
[/b]

Wow...what a loaded question. Well, since you're a noob, I'll spare you the inevitable flaming that will arise from your question.
I've had one and suffice it to say, that JB makes a very nice lid with beautiful paintwork IMO...his ESB seems to be from a trusted source cast (20th Century) and looks the part. There's a few things that are off IMO (i.e. widow's peak cut too short, shade of gunmetal too light) but overall one of the better ESB lids out there.

Bottom line is if you're happy with it, that's all that matters.....

I had one at one time, its a really nice helmet. As kev said its not perfect but I have yet to see a perfect ESB Vader that makes me happy yet.

I have a JB V2 which is the same faceplate just a smaller chin vent and the same kind of helmet (GH-derived).
When I got it I was generally pleased with the overall quality although the helmet had paint issues. As far as ESB goes I think it's the best you can expect to find at this point at least among the advertised fan-made helmets (better for example than a certain helmet that no longer shall here be named ;)). There will be one-offs that are likely better.... Gino's ESB helmet comes to mind. But on the whole if you don't mind the source then it's a fine helmet. As far as accuracy...well as mentioned that can lead to heated debate :angel . I don't know of a really ultra-screen accurate ESB helmet available since the market has for some time been content with Don Post Deluxe and it's derivatives.

The JB is personally the best ESB lid I have seen, although as Thomas mentioned there are not a lot of fan made ESB lids to choose from

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the DP Deluxe cast from a ROTJ lid?

I have a few helmets in my collection and out of all of them I remember being the most impressed when I first saw the JB ESB. Mainly due to the level of finish and workmanship.

Enjoy.

Jim

Thanks guys,

Its great to get your feed back. I hope to wear it trooping soon, It puts my Don post deluxe in the shade.

Cheers.

Here is a pic of mine I took a while ago.

JBESB.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(rmschneider104 @ Jun 29 2006, 09:44 PM) [snapback]1271131[/snapback]</div>
Hey guys, what do you use to polish up the helmet and dome?
[/b]

I've found that Nu Finish works the best...JB recommends it...

<div class='quotetop'>(DRAGONFLY @ Jun 30 2006, 12:05 PM) [snapback]1271338[/snapback]</div>
Great pics. I can't work out how to upload my pics, I also have some great MR Vader pics I wanted to share.
Thanks agian.
[/b]
You can use imageshack.us
Simply upload the picture to that site and then paste one of the links into the reply box over here... or... as mentioned elsewhere... below the message box is a section called "File Attachments". I think you can upload your pictures from there and have them displayed in your message. Good luck.

Thanks for sharing pics btw. :thumbsup

You can even use my file hosting service, it makes those nifty thumbnails and everything :)

http://img.creamedgeezer.com
upload your files and click <thumb> when you find it on the list (thumbnailing doesnt work for images that have spaces in the filename yet)

Lets see some more pics.

<div class='quotetop'>(creamedgeezer @ Jul 1 2006, 08:21 PM) [snapback]1272294[/snapback]</div>
You can even use my file hosting service, it makes those nifty thumbnails and everything :)

http://img.creamedgeezer.com
upload your files and click <thumb> when you find it on the list (thumbnailing doesnt work for images that have spaces in the filename yet)
[/b]

Can anyone on thr RPF use this?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back