Jayne's Boo Denix LeMat conversion

Any tricks to removing the barrel assembly from the frame? It seems to be a pressure fit, but I sure can't seem to separate mine.

EDIT: Never mind. A hefty file and a hammer later, and I got it off.
Yeah, I had the same problem, my solution was to hold the grip, and tap the barrel with a rubber mallet, you seem to have come to a similar conclusion! ;)

Any tricks to removing the barrel assembly from the frame? It seems to be a pressure fit, but I sure can't seem to separate mine.

EDIT: Never mind. A hefty file and a hammer later, and I got it off.
I am doing one too... Is it pressure fit? I am leery of trying to pry it apart as it is pot metal and snapping the one pin that holds the two pieces together looms heavily on my mind! Is it only the pin in the lower section, or is there something holding it in the middle of the cylinder pin as well?

I am doing one too... Is it pressure fit? I am leery of trying to pry it apart as it is pot metal and snapping the one pin that holds the two pieces together looms heavily on my mind! Is it only the pin in the lower section, or is there something holding it in the middle of the cylinder pin as well?

Yes, it's a pressure fit. And it's not just the small lower pin, but the thick central pin for the cylinder also is pressure fit in to the shotgun barrel.

What I did was I held the barrels in one hand, vertically so the barrels are pointed up. Then I stuck a long, beefy steel file down the shotgun barrel so it was butting up against the face of the central pin. Then all it took was a couple taps with a hammer on the butt of the file, and the frame popped out.

Excellent post. I have a Denix Lemat and wondered if anyone could instruct me on how to remove the barrel from the frame? I can't see any screws that hold it all together and so am at a loss how they come apart

Excellent post. I have a Denix Lemat and wondered if anyone could instruct me on how to remove the barrel from the frame? I can't see any screws that hold it all together and so am at a loss how they come apart

If I remember correctly, it’s just pressed on

I've gotta get going on building mine. I've had the conversion kit for years, I just haven't got around to it. Nice work on yours.
Cheers,
Kevin

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back