JARVIS ver 3.0

and those fit inside of a helmet?

did you take it apart, and salvage the screens and lenses or something to incorporate them into a helmet???

in the link, they look to be much thicker than 1" or so? (and I'm not even sure 1" is the 'space' available between eyes and the whole display portion of this)... did you have to get new fresnel lenses or just the stock ones?

and its one 'big/long' screen you are saying? and not two individual smaller ones?

if you have pics, please share or send me some! lol

my last true hurdle is finding a solid way to display my HUD inside of the helmet.. the 3.5 HDMI aint cutting it that close to your face, thats for sure! :)

I have found some, possible options.. including some really small/high resolution displays... but they were -too- small I for me. (I believe)

ie: micro display: 0.5 inch 1024x760

** I dont even own a ZERO, but I am curious as to how decent my project would perform using one. (right now it runs off a 3B)

edit:

one last question, do they take an HMDI input?

these -seemed- to be even thinner in 'thickness' (ie: space/distance from front of goggles to your face/eyes)

Zetronix Online store

Barring dishing out $350 for a 'test'.. I was looking for just the screens, like in their pics.

not much bigger than a quarter, and 854x480 resolution... (but never found them) :(

these glasses also have HMDI input.!!.. they 'seem' like the golden ticket, but I can be sure!? LOL
They are worn without the eyecups inside the helmet, most foam helmets you can fudge on size a bit. The front facing camera is a plus you can see when walking, or use the Pi camera with a mod, we use for Quad and Wing flying so we won't mount permanent... budget...lol.

Here is a simple solution as well, the FPV for quads and RC market has been using these for years. 40.00 each...here's what can be mounted permanent or in a bracket.
https://amzn.to/2OvZOr5

DrCyanide

thanks for the links... I'm off to check them out right now.

I have been on contact with an LCD vendor (Panoxdisplay).. and they seem to have a lot of varying screens to choose from.. (but communication is 'iffy' at best.. long waits between replies, and still no answers on HDMI input (or convertor board).. or prices even! LOL

but VERY high resolution and VERY small physical sizes as well..

They had those circular ones there as well.. (even flexible ones!)..

* HMDI to MIPI board! nice.. just want I need to do some more research.

**really like the split screen approach too (one long screen) Not sure what approach would be better here...?? (thoughts?)

Quantum Stan

ahh.. got it!

I thought you had done a tear down and add the salvaged pieces to an IM bucket...

I already have my RPI and camera.. and most important..(to me at least)...the real-time external data feeds displaying on the screen.

As DrCyanide pointed out to me.. my current display wasnt going to work in the end for a real world purpose.. (hence the search for some screens and lenses)...

Is that Amazon link a screen that is used to display the live video feed form the drone? (is it color?)

Last edited:
Is that Amazon link a screen that is used to display the live video feed form the drone? (is it color?)
Yes, it's a replacement or stand alone, some people only use one. I like two, I wear glasses, so that makes things even more challenging, most of old people need diopter corrected screens so we can see with or without our glasses...!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back