James Webb Space Telescope launch is rescheduled again

Kevin Hall

JWST now is going to be launched on December, 24. For those who want to watch it here is the link:

Just a quick reminder. Webb's telescope will give us an opportunity to observe the Universe's first galaxies, reveal the birth of stars and planets, and look for exoplanets with the potential for life.

I hope it launches alright and can eventually send us some really awesome pictures.
Just wait for the rocket to blow up and there just went 20 plus years and 10 billion dollar fireworks.

Just before it was packed up during its final inspections I got to see the thing unfolded. It's both huge and very fragile looking. The thought that it's going beyond the moon, with no chance of manual hands on repair or such blows my mind. But considering it made the trip to the launch bay, kind of unscathed, space travel should go smooth. If it crashes nto the Starman however...

This is so exciting, but man, I'm nervous. I hope for everyone's sake that it all goes well.

My girlfriend was talking to me about this this morning, fingers crossed it launches tomorrow

Closet thing we have to a real time machine

I’m really looking forward to seeing what JWT can show us. Seems like they may have been rushing a bit to get this thing off the ground so hoping everything works as intended! Fingers crossed for a smooth launch!

Sean

I read the other day that it has about 300 single point failures, and it’s clearly too far away to fix.

So there’s still a long way to go, but getting it safely off the ground is a great start.

So after it arrives to its spot in space and unfolds and gets its testing done, that is suppose to take like 6 months or so.
I expect it could take around a year or close to it before we actually see any pictures.
But glad its finally gotten off the ground.

From what I remember, if my memory isn't too far off, all approximately, 30 days to its reached its orbit, a couple weeks to completely unfold and fine tune, first test pics within 90 days. Not sure about official released info or when officially released data and photos will be made. I may be wrong.

Real time info about where it’s at and what it’s doing.

So after it arrives to its spot in space and unfolds and gets its testing done, that is suppose to take like 6 months or so.
I expect it could take around a year or close to it before we actually see any pictures.
But glad its finally gotten off the ground.
This was my exact question, when will the public see the pictures

It might take a while because they have to Photoshop out all the Dyson spheres... :cautious:

Seriously, Hubble launched when I was 12 and I was amazed at what they got pictures of once they put the glasses on, so I can't imagine what insane things this telescope will photograph!

It might take a while because they have to Photoshop out all the Dyson spheres... :cautious:

Seriously, Hubble launched when I was 12 and I was amazed at what they got pictures of once they put the glasses on, so I can't imagine what insane things this telescope will photograph!
Had to google that one, never heard of it before

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back