James Gunn and Peter Safran Are the New Co-CEOs of DC Studios

The one I'm having a hard time with is The Flash. Maybe it's a great film. Maybe it's a terrific vehicle to reboot the entire continuity (I mean, it's gonna be Flashpoint, so, yeah).

But Ezra Miller is...not ok, and I don't buy the whole "They're getting treatment, so it's ok now" angle. It just really does not sit well with me. Of all the allegations of corpo-speak, to me, that part spoke the loudest about "We think we can make money, and that's about all we care about."

The one I'm having a hard time with is The Flash. Maybe it's a great film. Maybe it's a terrific vehicle to reboot the entire continuity (I mean, it's gonna be Flashpoint, so, yeah).

But Ezra Miller is...not ok, and I don't buy the whole "They're getting treatment, so it's ok now" angle. It just really does not sit well with me. Of all the allegations of corpo-speak, to me, that part spoke the loudest about "We think we can make money, and that's about all we care about."

For both exceptionally talented actors and actors who present modestly IRL, their screen presence doesn't have to compete with their public persona.

Miller is neither of those.

I can't scrub his nonsense out of my head long enough to suspend sufficient disbelief to stomach watching him/her/them in any movie.

Last edited:

I don't disagree but they're between a rock and a hard place.

They got hammered for killing Batgirl and other things. I'm sure they want Miller gone, but they've put 200M+ into this thing by now and they know everyone wants to see Keaton's Batman....It's too late to recast him and reshoot all his scenes, so flush it and east 200M? Odds are it'll make money no matter what. Enough people want to see Keaton again that DC might be permanently damaged if they nuked both his appearances. People will have had it with them. Plus, granted this comes from biased people, but, word is it's REALLY good. Yeah, that's from DC so take it with a gargantuan mountain of salt....but if it is, do you kill a great movie, your reputation, and east 200M+ over the idiot's actions?

So, I get it from a public and corporate standpoint. Neither choice really is a win. They're very much in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation here.

I can't scrub his nonsense out of my head long enough to suspend sufficient disbelief to stomach watching him/her/them in any movie.
I agree, Millar's a real POS and there's two of him in this movie....!!...PASS. Both Marvel and DC are really running out of gas, so they have to resort to time travel to bring back past stars of their assets....lame.

They got hammered for killing Batgirl and other things. I'm sure they want Miller gone, but they've put 200M+ into this thing by now and they know everyone wants to see Keaton's Batman....It's too late to recast him and reshoot all his scenes, so flush it and east 200M? Odds are it'll make money no matter what. Enough people want to see Keaton again that DC might be permanently damaged if they nuked both his appearances. People will have had it with them. Plus, granted this comes from biased people, but, word is it's REALLY good. Yeah, that's from DC so take it with a gargantuan mountain of salt....but if it is, do you kill a great movie, your reputation, and east 200M+ over the idiot's actions?

So, I get it from a public and corporate standpoint. Neither choice really is a win. They're very much in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation here.
Well, despite the the "Miller Problem" they aren't Ridley Scott. He would've reshoot it with a different actor...period!:rolleyes:

I mean, yeah, eat the 200M and take the "tax break," since that's apparently good enough reason to cancel a ton of shows and movies otherwise.

I also strongly doubt that they'd face permanent damage for spiking a film just because people want to see Michael Keaton as Batman again. There'd be some internet kerfuffle about it, and then it would go away and life would go on.

But no, ultimately, what I think this is about is that they think they can make more money off of this film than they could off of the Batwoman film. Period. End of analysis.

Nobody really cares about Ezra Miller, or at least not enough to kill the film.

As far as the Miller thing for Flash, there are plenty of movies I can watch where I can't the actor on a personal level, but have no problem liking their on screen characters.

Tom Cruise comes to mind :lol:

Love most movies he is in, but cringe reading anything about him on a personal level in real life

Well, despite the the "Miller Problem" they aren't Ridley Scott. He would've reshoot it with a different actor...period!:rolleyes:
If Ridley was in the Saddle it would defo tank as a movie..
For every Hit he has had there are at least a handful of movies
that don't hit the mark. I watched The Flash trailer.. They redesigned Sonic weeks before release due to negative public responce and with Deep fake tech already on mobile apps it wouldn't be too much trouble?

I can't believe given what we know and has been widely reported around the world the last year or so that this individual is still in a job when so many much more profile A list have been dropped for far less crimes Guilty or not..

Maybe I'll wait for The Keaton Cut... With Just Keaton, it might be a shorter flic but...

He is My Batman!

This is so vulgar. It's like something produced to be presented at a board meeting. This isn't art, it's a commodity. Each film is as disposable as the next. Is this meant to be exciting?
That may be so, but none of the major studios are in this to produce art. They're here to make money and to do so by creating entertainment, they're not in it, nor have they ever really been, for the art. If you're looking for an art film, then you'd best not watch anything from the mainstream studios and stick solely to the small indie and arthouse studios.

That may be so, but none of the major studios are in this to produce art. They're here to make money and to do so by creating entertainment, they're not in it, nor have they ever really been, for the art. If you're looking for an art film, then you'd best not watch anything from the mainstream studios and stick solely to the small indie and arthouse studios.
Sure, but they're not producing entertainment, which is why the box office is in the toilet for most movies these days. What is the last Marvel movie to make money? That would be Dr. Strange and that didn't make much. Otherwise, phase 4 has been a pathetic mess. Everything else has been a financial flop. What's the last Disney movie to make money? Hell if I know. They are not catering to a paying audience; they are pushing a message that the paying audience has zero interest in hearing.

You'd think they'd have figured it out by now.

I don't really agree. Arrival is a good example of a mainstream artful sci-fi film.

Sure, but they're not producing entertainment, which is why the box office is in the toilet for most movies these days. What is the last Marvel movie to make money? That would be Dr. Strange and that didn't make much. Otherwise, phase 4 has been a pathetic mess. Everything else has been a financial flop. What's the last Disney movie to make money? Hell if I know. They are not catering to a paying audience; they are pushing a message that the paying audience has zero interest in hearing.

You'd think they'd have figured it out by now.
Well, they're laying off approximately 7000 staffers...not going the way they thought it was supposed to go:rolleyes:(n)

Well, they're laying off approximately 7000 staffers...not going the way they thought it was supposed to go:rolleyes:(n)
Everyone is laying people off. That doesn't mean anything. They are firing some of the worst people they had, like Victoria Alonso, but the people who need to go are the ones at the top that are making all of the bad decisions, people like Kevin Feige. All the toxic stuff is at the top and they're not going to let go without a fight. Eventually, the shareholders will get involved, but it's going to be a very long time until things get fixed.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back