James Gunn and Peter Safran Are the New Co-CEOs of DC Studios

If I could head a DC movie…

They are reallllly missing out on THEIR “into the spiderverse” movie.

DC animated does do some great stories, but they never go full “feature budget” on them.

Put some real money in a Batman movie. We can’t finally get that look we’ve never had in the cinema - a Batman who isn’t wearing iron man armor. (I know the animated series had features… but those were still cheap)

Just throw money at a production. Go for best picture… Batman SHOULD be animated anyway. Really have fun with the art style from the comics (especially detective in the 90’s)

Just harsh angles and shadows. Cloth ninja style costume, not plastic muscles.

Serious content.. can even pull off a proper Robin.

This post brought to you by afternoon margaritas while watching spiderverse.
I've aways thought that DC/Warner should have put their animated movies/series people in charge of their live action dept. Just assign them a couple of people to advise them on what works in animation that doesn't work in live action and the DCEU would probably be in much better shape now than it ever was and probably would have been competitive against Marvel. Just imagine a live action DC movie overseen, if not directed by Bruce Timm and/or Paul Dinni.

The problem is, they haven't had any really great animated features in years. I don't think any of them have any clue what they're doing these days, it's just throwing crap at the wall and hoping something sticks.

Saw an article the other day where these two are supposed to turn in a comprehensive plan for DC for the next 10 years basically a month after this announcement. Maybe i'm too pessimistic, but that seems like a very ambitious goal when people take longer to work out the idea/script for a single movie. Yet, these guys need to have a decade long plan in place that fast??

Saw an article the other day where these two are supposed to turn in a comprehensive plan for DC for the next 10 years basically a month after this announcement. Maybe i'm too pessimistic, but that seems like a very ambitious goal when people take longer to work out the idea/script for a single movie. Yet, these guys need to have a decade long plan in place that fast??
Batman returns
Superman King of the world

I'd love them and hug them and call them George...

Gunn knows all the material. One month is about three weeks longer than he would need. That and whoes to say he didnt already have a ten year plan in place to compare to the existing plans. Could also be why he was chosen.

Surprised this news didnt get more attention here

Considering what complete crap Wonder Woman '84 was, I'm not surprised.
Yep, they didn't like Jenkins's story/treatment/arc and direction of where WW was going. Despite many back and forth between the parties, Jenkins didn't bend and just walked away from the whole thing. Ironic since Linda Carter was supposed to have an appearance in the 3rd movie.
Weird also that Gal Gadot had Twitted, a few days ago, that she couldn't wait to share the next chapter with the fans of the character...

They have no clue what they are doing. As they said, some things worked and some didn't. Ok great, so where are we exactly?
Not that anyone cares but if it was me I would literally scrap everything and just start from a clean slate. I mean WW84 what terrible. I don't understand how they went from a solid first movie to a disaster with the second one.
The Batman was... ok. I still feel like it could have been a third movie in a four part Dark Knight series.
Black Adam didn't do much for me but was excited to see Henry back.
They just seem to be trying to force this extended universe idea that clearly isn't going anywhere.

They have no clue what they are doing. As they said, some things worked and some didn't. Ok great, so where are we exactly?
Not that anyone cares but if it was me I would literally scrap everything and just start from a clean slate. I mean WW84 what terrible. I don't understand how they went from a solid first movie to a disaster with the second one.
The Batman was... ok. I still feel like it could have been a third movie in a four part Dark Knight series.
Black Adam didn't do much for me but was excited to see Henry back.
They just seem to be trying to force this extended universe idea that clearly isn't going anywhere.
Well, even Superman could be on the chopping block...:(

I could write a novel about how much Snyder doesn't understand the emotional heart of Superman. It pains me to think of what might have been. I can only hope someone with a different take gets handed the reins.
While I feel that Snyder is a pretty good director, he was the entirely wrong choice to put in charge of the DCEU. Snyder's thing is making dark and noir movies, he doesn't really know how to do anything else, and while that's fine for Batman, the rest of the DC universe isn't Batman. Snyder would have been great to have in charge of Batman movies but they really need somebody with a better understanding of the overall DC universe and know how to make grim/dark movies as well as lighter more colorful fare like with Superman, along with everything in between. That's why I always felt that the people at Warners really should have put the top creatives of the DC animated universe in charge of the DCEU. Just assign them a few people to help them understand what concepts and ideas in animation don't translate well into live action and the DCEU might be rivaling the MCU right now.

IMO. Gunn also got hired because they needed a "corporate axe" who had the guts to fire Patty Jenkins without any execs taking potential heat for actually making a decision.

Last edited:
Yep, they didn't like Jenkins's story/treatment/arc and direction of where WW was going. Despite many back and forth between the parties, Jenkins didn't bend and just walked away from the whole thing. Ironic since Linda Carter was supposed to have an appearance in the 3rd movie.
Weird also that Gal Gadot had Twitted, a few days ago, that she couldn't wait to share the next chapter with the fans of the character...

Not the case according to Jenkins. Given whats going on at DC Studios her story seems to make much more sense.

Thats been my issue with Spiderman movies. Same thing, three reboots in a row, kids in school, learning his abilities, some girl.... Give me SpiderMAN, enough SpiderKid.

I suspect the existing Superman and Snyder verse connection is something new DC is aiming to distance from. Time will tell.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back