Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! Back added to first post!

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! New Info added to first post!

What size is that?

It's meant for a person 5'7. I'm 5'7 but it can fit 'til 6. I have lifts in my boots and if you're taller than the specified size, just need to remove the lifts. I'm considering selling the whole suit as a package as I'm wanting to make a new set of suits again [1 for me and a couple to trade/sell]. I'm just obsessed with the mk42 atm. Check my THREAD out to view the electronic features.

1266817_654000381277625_1464474294_o.jpg

Ill take it! :lol;) You do such awesome work!

You'll get one. :D

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! New Info added to first post!

It's meant for a person 5'7. I'm 5'7 but it can fit 'til 6. I have lifts in my boots and if you're taller than the specified size, just need to remove the lifts. I'm considering selling the whole suit as a package as I'm wanting to make a new set of suits again [1 for me and a couple to trade/sell]. I'm just obsessed with the mk42 atm. Check my THREAD out to view the electronic features.

View attachment 224815

You'll get one. :D

Wow that is some amazing work! My thought was to put lifts too but I'm 5'11"! Haha

Last edited:
Hi people! Can somebody help me with unfolded back files for paper? I'm sharing some pictures with all of you, paper is really very complicated, but I hope to finish all the armor next month.

Anticipated Thanks for your help!!!

rytumy2a.jpg
2y3u8ysa.jpg
rygapy9a.jpg

qugazetu.jpg
uvemy6e6.jpg

hey guys :) jsust to let you all no im nearly done with the unfold for papaer and can have it done in the next few days :) been bizy with other unfolds aswell but will get it finished asap guys promise

Nice. Look at those ! ! !

Jackies Modelling + Your Guys' Pepping = BAD ASS SUITS :thumbsup

The only way to find your scale is to measure your body parts and scale the armor parts to fit them. There is no super-duper generic scale calculator that makes a 6ft guy with long legs and short arms magically fit the same scale as a 6ft guy with short legs and long arms.

The only way to find your scale is to measure your body parts and scale the armor parts to fit them. There is no super-duper generic scale calculator that makes a 6ft guy with long legs and short arms magically fit the same scale as a 6ft guy with short legs and long arms.

Yeah thats what I thought :( lol
May I ask a couple of stupid questions...sorry I'm a noob, this will be my first build.

I have the left shin file, but how do I make the right shin? lol

and my second question, how do I get the scale I need for my head?

Many thanks
Jamie

PS. I'm new to Pepakura too.

Yeah thats what I thought :( lol
May I ask a couple of stupid questions...sorry I'm a noob, this will be my first build.

I have the left shin file, but how do I make the right shin? lol

and my second question, how do I get the scale I need for my head?

Many thanks
Jamie

PS. I'm new to Pepakura too.

To get the right shin, you're just going to invert the left shin file. In pepakura designer, under the 'Others' tab, click on 'Mirror Invertion (both 3D and 2D)'

As for scaling of the suit, take measurements of your legs and waiste. Scale the boot, shin, thigh, and cod peice files to the same scale that fits your measurements. You can import all these files at once into Pepakura Designer, under the 'File' menu, then click 'Import pdo'. You would then scale the abs, chest, back to match your own upper body measurements. With the chest and back done, you can scale the neck file to that, and from there, properly scale the helmet.

Hope this helps you out!

To get the right shin, you're just going to invert the left shin file. In pepakura designer, under the 'Others' tab, click on 'Mirror Invertion (both 3D and 2D)'

As for scaling of the suit, take measurements of your legs and waiste. Scale the boot, shin, thigh, and cod peice files to the same scale that fits your measurements. You can import all these files at once into Pepakura Designer, under the 'File' menu, then click 'Import pdo'. You would then scale the abs, chest, back to match your own upper body measurements. With the chest and back done, you can scale the neck file to that, and from there, properly scale the helmet.

Hope this helps you out!

Awesome and thank you for the prompt reply.

I have two more noob questions if someone could answer them for me...

1, which method would be better for a noob...Foam or Card?

2, Also I'm looking to start with the helmet first.....is that a good Idea or would another part be better to start with?

Many thanks again
Jamie

I had the same questions when I first started, I did the helmet first and out of cardboard, it's easy to work with and easy to get a hold of.

Thank you sir :) I am soo looking forward to attempting to make this as I am a huge Iron man fan.....well super hero's all together, but Iron man more than most... I soo hope I can pull it off as I am planning to wear the suit for charities and things...Dress like a super hero and help people (including a charity close to my heart.

Many thanks again and really appreciate your patience with me.

Awesome and thank you for the prompt reply.

I have two more noob questions if someone could answer them for me...

1, which method would be better for a noob...Foam or Card?

2, Also I'm looking to start with the helmet first.....is that a good Idea or would another part be better to start with?

Many thanks again
Jamie

1, Both methods are well suited for noobs; it's more a question of which materials are more readily available to you. Foam is generally easier because the foam itself has a thickness to it, which makes doing detail work easier, whereas cardstock is more readilly available and generally has a better finish to it, but you will also need to be able to obtain resin and fiberglass in order to harden the cardstock for use.

2, The helmet is usually the last peice you should do, because of scaling issues. I personally would recommend starting with the cod peice, since if you aren't comfortable in that region of your body, you're gonna have a rough time.

Since you are a noob, and I'm assuming this will be your first build, do the helmet at its default scale, using either foam or cardstock. This will allow you to get used to the entire process and see which method you prefer, while keeping your initial investment down.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back