It's HE-EEE-RRR-E!! Star Wars Blu Ray set!

I don't think the extras are up to much at all.

The Making of SW, SPFX, and Classic Creatures one, i already have....and never watch anymore.

The spoof thing was crap. Mostly not funny or seen before.......fast-forwarded a lot of it.

The Star Warriors thing was actually pretty boring and i only managed 25 mins before wanting to punch the TV.

Star Wars tech was just utterly useless bollocks.

The deleted scenes...only half of them were any good and i doubt if they'll be watched again in the near future.

Past masters was interesting, (and nice quality!) but nothing really new....

I just wish they'd done something big and new, like Empire of Dreams, but more all encompassing and in 1080p.

The archive flypast thing was ok for 2 views, then i just felt crushing disappointment that it wasn't a 2 hour doc...

The prop details and rotations were quite good, but again, not enough....Jabba's eyes? Who gives a **** about Jabba's eyes????

These coupled with pastel sabers and picture quality that, at times, looks like upscaled DVD has left me exhausted and depressed.

But, i bought them. So i guess i'll just have to live with them now.

Rich

There was another spam post right above his that has since been deleted. It was a link to some website that had nothing to do with anything.

Half way through the first (ever) Star Wars film...

Really, to me, it doesn't look a whole lot better than the DVD. I bit better...

Clothing textures are more clear. I can see more physical texture on Threepio. With the SD DVD release, I was blown away at the detail on Artoo's dome in the Blockade Runner. On the BR, its not tons better.

Maybe I don't have a great eye, but the color looks pretty much the same.

Didn't mind the rocks over Artoo. But the Kryat Dragon scream was jarring. My first thought was, "OK was that GL or Rick McAllum that just had his nuts squashed?"

Death Star looks good, but not mind-blowing. Not overly impressed there.

Oh, and having watched Eps 1, 2, and 3 first, and seeing them in fairly quick succession, another thought occured to me...

A thought that we should be THANKFUL for.

I am VERY happy GL did not alter the opening scrawl.

I could TOTALLY see him modifying the verbiage to make more specific reference to the PT, and to better tie the two trilogies together.

Can you imagine the uproar if he had done so?

But I bet you CAN imagine him thinking about it...

Buyer's remorse?

No... No. I'm not disappointed. I do see improvements, and am OK with the fact that I bought the set. Just not quite as impactful as I'd hoped...

Also, maybe I've become slightly less senstitive to Blu-Ray, having grown accustomed to it over the past year or two.

I have one SD DVD player and two BR DVD players in my system. I am looking forward to playing the SD discs in the SD player, and the BR in the BR player, and comparing.

I wll most likely use the droids inside the Tantive corriders as my "litmus test".

people are expecting the end-all be-all of SW, and really, its just another SW home video release. like the dozen-or-so that came before. *shrug* I'm already looking forward to the next one, tbh.

people are expecting the end-all be-all of SW, and really, its just another SW home video release. like the dozen-or-so that came before. *shrug* I'm already looking forward to the next one, tbh.

thats what is messed up about this release. taking the unaltered OT aside, this is a half-ass release to say the least. not all deleted scenes were included from the other releases. some of the making-ofs but not all. no empire of dreams. totally half-ass product. george needs to take a page out of peter jacksons, james camerons, or even ridley scotts books for how to release products.

thats what is messed up about this release. taking the unaltered OT aside, this is a half-ass release to say the least. not all deleted scenes were included from the other releases. some of the making-ofs but not all. no empire of dreams. totally half-ass product. george needs to take a page out of peter jacksons, james camerons, or even ridley scotts books for how to release products.

He doesn't even need to do that because all he needs to follow is his 1-page, 1 sentence rule he follows:

Slap the name "Star Wars" on it and they will buy it.

He doesn't even need to do that because all he needs to follow is his 1-page, 1 sentence rule he follows:

Slap the name "Star Wars" on it and they will buy it.

"Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him"

Mind you I'm happy to be the fool who follows him.I just don't see the point in being so negative toward something I enjoy so much. Sure people should whinge a little about it but don't waste so much energy on it because life is too short and if changes to the original trilogy are all people have to worry about then I wish I was them.

Ben

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back