Is this scam or real deal-Help ASAP

Petar

Hello everyone,

I'm opening this thread because i bought one screen used shirt from one guy from ebay that is from Premiere Props.
I just read about Art Andrews' and other buyers experiences with Premiere Props and i get worried.
I bought one shirt that was worn in Jurassic Park 3 on eBay for $200 and i would like to know is it original screen used or fraud?
It comes with Universal & Premiere Props COA,but after reading those complains i really want your opinion.
Seller on ebay had already sold one Jurassic Park 3 costume with Universal and PP COA.
He's on ebay from 2000.but sold only few props,and they were all from PP.
He already had this shirt for bid and it had one bidder with almost non buy/sell feedback-he made about 7-8 bids like $104 then $125 then $141 and all way til $182 then seller enlisted it again.
I know people had complains with PP (they don't ship props etc.)but does that means they sell replicas?
Did i bought original item or will i get cheap replica?

Please answer as soon as you can,so i can cancel it if it's scam.

Last edited:
At one time PP was a respected prop seller that only dealt directly with the studios (even if they had shipping problems). Universal was one of their clients and they sold a lot of JP3 stuff...

Looking at the auctions, the COAs look like the right ones from back then (they've changed them over the years), so the PP connection isn't a problem. He appears to have been selling off several JP3 wardrobe pieces, so he was likely a buyer from PPs old auctions when they had all this stuff. Nothing looks fishy from the auctions other than using the same pictures for Billy's shirt on two listings. Can't tell if he had two of them and was just lazy with the pictures, or didn't actually sell it the first time.

Just make sure the COA has the gold seal on it (not a photocopy or something) and you should be good.

At one time PP was a respected prop seller that only dealt directly with the studios (even if they had shipping problems). Universal was one of their clients and they sold a lot of JP3 stuff...

Looking at the auctions, the COAs look like the right ones from back then (they've changed them over the years), so the PP connection isn't a problem. He appears to have been selling off several JP3 wardrobe pieces, so he was likely a buyer from PPs old auctions when they had all this stuff. Nothing looks fishy from the auctions other than using the same pictures for Billy's shirt on two listings. Can't tell if he had two of them and was just lazy with the pictures, or didn't actually sell it the first time.

Just make sure the COA has the gold seal on it (not a photocopy or something) and you should be good.

Hi,
Thank your very much for helping me.
I asked seller to send me COA's picture.
If it's not too big problem,could you take a look at seal and tell me is it real?

At least in Terms of selling Harry Potter stuff and myers Masks they SOLD fake or Replica item for whatever reason !
Sadly they seem to NOT care much about Research and verification in the last years

At least in Terms of selling Harry Potter stuff and myers Masks they SOLD fake or Replica item for whatever reason !
Sadly they seem to NOT care much about Research and verification in the last years
Is there ANY WAY to prove authenticity for JP3 shirt?

EDIT:
I found it on Prop Archives-i think it's a stunt shirt:
http://www.proparchives.com/adventu...assic-park-iii-alessandro-nivola-stunt-outfit
So,does that means it was actually ON SCREEN,or was it just stunt that was few seconds in movie?

EDIT :
Seller claims that shirt have actors initials and date initials.
I don't get it,if proparchives says that it was stunt's shirt and it only have S (stunt) sewed,how come shirt i want to buy have actors initials and date?
Could it be that he got same shirt and sew date and initials himself?
Can you please explain it to me?

Last edited:
I'd personally doubt that it would be the same shirt; splitting up the costume makes little sense from a collectability point. I also think that Prop Archives also doesn't list all the items auctioned from that time (correct me if I'm wrong) so I wouldn't dismiss it because there's no publically accessible record of the sale. I, like Rik, assume that the seller was most likely a buyer from Premier Props based on his previous sales.

If it helps put your mind at ease you could keep an eye on his feedback and see if there was a second shirt sold or if your purchase is the same as the one auctioned beforehand. I also believe when a non-paying buyer case is resolved on eBay that the colour of the "sold for" price changes from green to black to indicate non-payment. I know it used to last year.

Yeah, that's in the last couple of years that they've been taking consignments from anyone that will give them something. All the fraudulent sellers that are banned from PIH, Heritage, Juliens, etc pretty much flocked to PP once they started taking consignments from anyone on the street...

But the JP3 items, with the large COAs signed by the studio are legit. That was back when they only sold stuff directly from the studio.

When you get the COA, it should have an actual gold-foil sticker on it (the seal) with Premiere Props embossed in it. The signatures should also be actual signatures, not photo copied signatures.

But, like I said, as far as Jurassic Park III stuff (which was sold over 10 years ago if I recall correctly, about a year after the release I think), the PP lineage is legit.

I'd personally doubt that it would be the same shirt; splitting up the costume makes little sense from a collectability point. I also think that Prop Archives also doesn't list all the items auctioned from that time (correct me if I'm wrong) so I wouldn't dismiss it because there's no publically accessible record of the sale. I, like Rik, assume that the seller was most likely a buyer from Premier Props based on his previous sales.

If it helps put your mind at ease you could keep an eye on his feedback and see if there was a second shirt sold or if your purchase is the same as the one auctioned beforehand. I also believe when a non-paying buyer case is resolved on eBay that the colour of the "sold for" price changes from green to black to indicate non-payment. I know it used to last year.

Hi,
Yes,splitting costumes don't have sense to me either...
I send PM to Prop Archives about it,and hopefully i'll get answer.
Yes,he's sold Tea Leoni's costume from PP last month for $200,and got positive feedback.
As for shirt that im interested in,he did enlisted it and he get auction end at $182,however when i asked it why ex buyer hasn't bought it he didn't answer.
I only hope that shirt was in movie and it genuine (and it's not stunt's shirt).

I'm hoping to clarify something. I am the seller of the shirt mentioned in this string. There is only ONE shirt. On Kauai, where we are, we had a company called Hawaii Movie Tours which included a movie memorabilia museum. Our collection consisted only items from films or talent from those films which were filmed either partially or entirely on Kauai, all four Jurassic Park features included. We shut down a couple of years ago and everything went in to storage in two large containers. We are now selling off our collection on eBay due to the death of one of the owners, my wife.
The shirt was sold but the buyer, who also bid and won another expensive item, did not pay. The buyer joined eBay just before the auction ended. That is why the shirt again came up for sale. It was the same shirt so I used the same photo. We did purchase many props from Premier Props in the late 90's and early 2000's. We had total faith then and total faith now that the items we bought from PP are actual screen used items. Occasionally, we would also get items directly from production companies while they were still here.
l'm hoping this answers any questions the shirt buyer might have. Our COA's include the actual gold embossed seal from PP... Aloha

I recently purchased a few props/wardrobe from 2 fast 2 furious as I am a huge fan of the Francise and have many items from those films. I bought this particular set on eBay from a collector that had them since 2003 when PP did an auction for Universal and it was a very similar situation as yours Petar as the items had a COA from premiere props. I am very confident in the authenticity of these items because I even screen matched a few of them. Everything matches up and checks out of you ask me, although I don't consider myself an expert. Hope you are pleased with you're items looks like you got some decent prices. Best wishes!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back