Is this a good ANH/TESB Luke lightsaber hilt?

Millenniumf

Sr Member
I came across this Luke Skywalker lightsaber on Etsy and it looks really authentic to me:

Of course, I'm no expert, especially when it comes to props and their value. I was thinking about buying the empty hilt and making my own chassis to go inside it for a blade (I like to use custom colors anyway for the LED). The price seems like a good deal to me for what I get, compared to actual Graflex 3-cell guns. But that's a big investment for me and I wanted to make sure before sinking my money in it.

I came across this Luke Skywalker lightsaber on Etsy and it looks really authentic to me:

Of course, I'm no expert, especially when it comes to props and their value. I was thinking about buying the empty hilt and making my own chassis to go inside it for a blade (I like to use custom colors anyway for the LED). The price seems like a good deal to me for what I get, compared to actual Graflex 3-cell guns. But that's a big investment for me and I wanted to make sure before sinking my money in it.

That is the Korbanth Graflex 2.5 hilt. Korbanth makes very nice hilts. There are more accurate examples to be had for around the same price but his hilts are intended for FX builds. It looks like he is coming out with a new more accurate Graflex:

Graflex Supreme saber Empty hilt

You should check that out as well as the hilt offered by The Graflex Shop:

Good luck! :)

All that is, is a "Korbanth" replica Graflex kit with a Goth3D printed chassis from Shapeways. And you may find you don't like the magnetized removable panels in the 3.0 kit.

Here's the same kit (out of stock) at TCSS, minus the printed chassis.

If this is your first "Graflex" style lightsaber, I'd go with an actual faithful reproduction of the original flash, like those offered from the Graflex Shop or Roman's.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back