Is the Prop Store of London Legit?

"He may appear to be of humble origins. But my personal historians have discovered that he descends from an ancient royal line. This is my word. And as such is beyond contestation. Now, if I may repay the kindness you once showed me. Take a knee. "

Not as legit as Prop Store. Most of our staff don't have cool British accents like the guys at Prop Store, but we do have a staff member with an awesome German accent, so that has to give us some legitimacy, right? Accents do still equate to legitimacy don't they?

:lol

I have two corner stone pieces in my collection (Art has seen them both, FWIW).

One is from some outfit in Beverly HIlls (formerly, I suppose).

The other from Propstore.

I CANNOT TELL you how many non-proppin' friends and acquaintenances I have explained to that Propstore is - worldwide - about the most reknown and robust (trust-worthy, hoenst, etcetera) retailer of screen-used props in the hobby.

AND I still get cool christmas cards! ;)

Thanks Tim, et al!

Interesting thread. As I'm new here I guess that I should explain a bit about myself so that my response can be put into context. My father recently gave me his fairly large collection of original screen used props as he had lost all interest in collecting them due to the attitude of some people within the hobby. However, during the period he did collect he purchased a couple of nice pieces from The Prop Store Of London. One was the hero gun used by Agent K in Men In Black and the second was a screen-used version of the golden book of Amun-Ra from The Mummy.

When my father gave me his collection he did inform me of various companies and people to avoid and trust in the hobby. He is very complimentary of TPSOL but he did say that I should do my own background homework on any items as even companies such as TPSOL and major auction houses get their details wrong. I know for a fact that when he purchased the golden book of Amun-Ra from TPSOL he questioned the screen shots they had used to sell the item as they didn't match the actual prop being sold. He was informed that the screen shots used were there only as an indicator to the prop and might not represent the actual prop for sale as many different versions would have been made for the production.

Another thing he wanted to point out to me is how collectors and prop companies would sometimes question the provenance of pieces if purchased from unknown sources such as eBay or individual collectors. This is one of the reasons he gave up collecting original screen used film props as there can be a lot of negativity surrounding collectors who are not part of the 'accepted' crowd.

Last edited:
Hi Wes. Yes I'm very fortunate and I cherish the items he has given to me. He is an avid collector of many, many different items. He got into original film props about 5 years ago and spent about 2 or 3 years getting nice pieces. He unfortunately found that there are some very obsessive people involved in the hobby which took the fun out of collecting as he was constantly being questioned and attacked regarding pieces in his collection.

This is one of the reasons he gave up collecting original screen used film props as there can be a lot of negativity surrounding collectors who are not part of the 'accepted' crowd.
Truer words were never spoken. Elitism is a deeply ingrained part of this hobby, and it's not attractive.

On the other hand, I am a nice guy, and not at all part of the 'in' crowd; so if you ever want to sell that Agent K weapon to someone your dad might have liked, please drop me a line! :D

I have bought pieces and was always 100% satisfied. Great knowledge, service, attitude and advice. I'm sure errors get made, but how you deal with them defines customer service.

I recently had a purchase from The Prop Store of London and I have to say that I was treated like a king by the people handling my order.

Many thanks to the West Coast office!

FB

Nice guys - I've never bought from them but they were more than happy to let me know about a prop I had (which they also had a multiple) and we talked for an hour over the phone. Gentlemen of the trade.

I have purchased an item through The Prop Store of London for a friend's gift. Their service was great and the item was completely legit and packed, VERY well. My friend was thrilled and now he owns a piece of Star Wars, and movie, history!

Hi all,

Thank you for your kind words in this thread. If anyone ever has questions about a specific product, don't hestitate to contact us. With offices in London and LA, we are available more hours of the day than we aren't...! And we're always happy to help answer any questions.

Very best,
Prop Store

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back