Is the MR E-11 Any Good?

Love mine - would never get rid of it (it's one of my top 5 props).

The orange plug comes out easily - take the front piece off (two hex screws), then just take a drill and bore out the plug - it pops right off. Needs a little black paint (some orange remained on the edges of mine), but that's it.

Todd

I just always loved the scope reticles that MR adds to their blasters. I've got a file from someone who designed them for printing, but I've yet to find something suitable to print them onto :( I thought about transparency film, but didn't think the ink would take well.....so the quest goes on.

Steve

I'm the most inept person on Earth and I managed to mod my MR Stormie blaster so that the trigger works. It's nice and tight too. Definitely an easy conversion.

And I love my blaster. It would be hard to beat the price right now for a really good metal replica.

I saw one at last year's Comicon. I didn't like it.

My biggiest gripe is the fact that it's my least favorite version. My favorite has the M38a2 scope with counter and cylinders - the "Deluxe" version. This one was seen in ANH on the blockade runner.

The other was mostly seen in ESB, which has just the M32 scope (I think this is also the Luke & Han version from ANH).

The MR version has just the M38a2 scope. :confused

....which is just plain weird. I've also heard that the MR E11 is heavier than a real Sterling.

<div class='quotetop'>(PodRacer X @ Jun 1 2006, 11:44 AM) [snapback]1254233[/snapback]</div>
I'm the most inept person on Earth and I managed to mod my MR Stormie blaster so that the trigger works. It's nice and tight too. Definitely an easy conversion.

And I love my blaster. It would be hard to beat the price right now for a really good metal replica.
[/b]

Are there any tutorials for the stock & trigger mods?

No M38a2 scopes were used on the E-11 props.

The scope is a M38 made in 1943 (the earlier 1942 version is the more commonly used).
I've gone frame by frame through ANH and made notes on every E-11 I could see.
I believe there was only one gun with a M38 1943 scope and it had the cylinders. I believe it had a Hengstler box at one point too, but it broke off during filming.

Vince - the combo you mentioned only shows up on the Death Star - specifically at 1:06:53
All other scenes this gun is missing the box, but there are glue remnants from it.
It is on the blockade runner, but missing the box.

So there actually is no variation of the E-11 that looks like the MR replica.

i havent had a chance to buy one for my own collection yet, but i fawned over a friends while trooping and it seemed extremely heavy for active use, beautiful though for display

I would like to know as well.

<div class='quotetop'>(KevVader @ Jun 1 2006, 01:46 PM) [snapback]1254414[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(PodRacer X @ Jun 1 2006, 11:44 AM) [snapback]1254233[/snapback]

[/b]

Are there any tutorials for the stock & trigger mods?
[/b][/quote]

Well....I have searched for the trigger and stock mods....came up with nothing. So I decided to try and take my MR E-11 apart myself....

...this is as far as I got....

IMG_0459.JPG

...the grip and trigger assembly came off pretty easily....basically one hex screw at the bottom of the grip and everything slides apart. Lotsa welds tho.....I don't want to have to break out the grinder.....

IMG_0461_1.JPG

The trigger is filled with hot glue, I guess to keep the trigger from moving? Although there's two pins in the trigger to keep it stationary......not sure why there's glue as well....
Would be easy enough to mod with the addition of a spring like the pic that Darth Lars had posted....

IMG_0462.JPG

I'd really like to get this stock to unfold.....I'm thinking by drilling out this pin and perhaps there's another at the end of the barrel...I can get the stock to move?

Anyone taken one of these things apart? I seem to recall a thread awhile ago but I can't find it now.....

If anyone has some suggestions on a good way to attach the counter to the MR E11, I would love some help.

"I'd really like to get this stock to unfold.....I'm thinking by drilling out this pin and perhaps there's another at the end of the barrel...I can get the stock to move?
Anyone taken one of these things apart? I seem to recall a thread awhile ago but I can't find it now....."

I think you just have to push this pin with a little barrel wich have the same diameter, it will came out of the hole on the other side (if it has the same hole on the other side)

<div class='quotetop'>(Stormy320 @ Jun 4 2006, 07:49 AM) [snapback]1255825[/snapback]</div>
If anyone has some suggestions on a good way to attach the counter to the MR E11, I would love some help.
[/b]

I assumed all the screen used ANH blasters had the counter on them anyway?? If so,why didnt MR incorporate it??

I agree this is a beatiful looking replica though,definately one of the best offerings from MR :) I have seen and held one but i prefer the used battered look and i put my £££'s into one cast from a screen used ESB.I had thought about this MR,but the cast from screen used appealed to me more.

<div class='quotetop'>(gladus63 @ Jun 4 2006, 03:29 AM) [snapback]1255832[/snapback]</div>
"I'd really like to get this stock to unfold.....I'm thinking by drilling out this pin and perhaps there's another at the end of the barrel...I can get the stock to move?
Anyone taken one of these things apart? I seem to recall a thread awhile ago but I can't find it now....."

I think you just have to push this pin with a little barrel wich have the same diameter, it will came out of the hole on the other side (if it has the same hole on the other side)
[/b]

Tried that...used a ball pean hammer and a punch....it won't budge. May have to drill it out......although the stock seems to be bolted internally to the barrel as well, I think... :confused

coo tutorial.

now getting it to stay back up... im interested in seeing how that would work myself as i am looking into getting one of these bad boys and doing the same 2 mods.

The MR E-11 was measured from a loaned, functioning, L2A3, so any dimensions that are "off" are on the rebuilds.

I own a British demilled Mk IV, and it's the same dimesion as the MR.

The only thing the MR is missing, as far as I can see, is the ejector retaining screw (on the mag housing- easy added). The pivot point & knurling on the end cap release lever is just a tad off.

OTHERWISE

it's an excellent example of the L2A3 (better than the MGC version) and a good Stormtrooper blaster.

I would guess that the choice of the scope used was just that: a choice.

Who's to say that one day there won't be variations of this made?
Plus, they're cheap enough (brianstoys) that you could buy a few & mod them yourself to your own liking (as I've done to build several variations).

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back