Is the MR E-11 Any Good?

<div class='quotetop'>(Boba Debt @ May 30 2006, 10:07 PM) [snapback]1253417[/snapback]</div>
Just thinking about buying one and wanted to know what the owners think about them.
[/b]

Dont own one but my friend does and I think it's excellent. He added a counter to his just because he wanted to.

I'm not a Sterling expert, nor have I built one up, but I absolutely love my MR E-11. I don't think you can go wrong with one. I got mine from Brian's Toys for a great price.

Just my 2 cents. 2 cents

~Bobby

I got one as a replacement for a custom made Han Esb that was stolen in a break in. At first, I was a little underwhelmed by it (never having seen a trooper rifle for real before). I was about to sell it... had a buyer and everything... but changed my mind at the last moment.

Now I wouldn't dream of getting rid of it. :)

/Joe F

....same here....at first I thought it was a bit undersized (maybe it's just my big mitts.), but then others told me the size is more or less correct. I love it....may have to get another one to weather...

Here ya go - some comparison pics of the MR blaster next to a real converted Sterling, taken by Jez and myself last year:

cimg24294qt.jpg

cimg24318zp.jpg

cimg24339yn.jpg

cimg24367cf.jpg

It doesn't look like it in the pics as the angle is throwing it off, but they were pretty much identical in terms of size. The biggest critisism I have of the MR is its just too clean and pristine looking. The weathering, nicks and scrapes on the real gun looked a lot better and more authentic - but the MR is a good bit of kit IMO, very close to the real thing.

Wow those pictures were a great comparison. I received mine as a Christmas gift last year, I love it. It's actually the centerpiece of my collection at the moment.

<div class='quotetop'>(Lukes Roommate @ May 31 2006, 04:49 PM) [snapback]1253814[/snapback]</div>
Love mine.
Plus it can be modded to have the folding stock and working trigger.
Not that I've done that yet, but really need too...
[/b]

Really? With the existing pieces or do new stock & trigger pieces need to be made? This would be a very worthwhile mod.....

I like mine. I wish it had the counter on it though.

It's smaller than I thought it would be. Everyone that sees it thinks it's cool.

FB

<div class='quotetop'>(franz bolo @ May 31 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1253819[/snapback]</div>
I like mine. I wish it had the counter on it though.

It's smaller than I thought it would be. Everyone that sees it thinks it's cool.

FB
[/b]

so is it smaller than the sterling as it looks in the pics?

or is that an optical illusion?

wish there was a pic with the MR in the foreground...

I don't think the MR is any smaller, I had never seen a real one before and thought that they would be bigger.

It's just a small gun to begin with.

Sorry for the confusion.

FB

<div class='quotetop'>(franz bolo @ May 31 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]1253843[/snapback]</div>
I don't think the MR is any smaller, I had never seen a real one before and thought that they would be bigger.

It's just a small gun to begin with.

Sorry for the confusion.

FB
[/b]

it wasnt you that caused the confusion franz... in the comparison pics above, the MR is in the background and the sterling is in the foreground, but it still seems like the MR might be a little smaller...

always heard the size was pretty on... so just curious. :)

Oldken, it doesn't look like it in the pics as the angle is throwing it off, but they were almost identical in terms of size. The MR was perhaps a fraction shorter than the Sterling we had to compare it to, but there wasn't the opportunity to take any measurements:

cimg24303cr.jpg

cool, thanks. thats what i figured.

although my dream is to have an all original ANH hero type blaster, ive been thinking about getting the MR for now.

thanks again. :D

No worries. :)

The real Sterling felt better than the MR to play with. :p It was heavier too, although it did have the counter added to the side:

cimg24354lr.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(KevVader @ May 31 2006, 10:51 PM) [snapback]1253816[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Lukes Roommate @ May 31 2006, 04:49 PM) [snapback]1253814[/snapback]
Love mine.
Plus it can be modded to have the folding stock and working trigger.
Not that I've done that yet, but really need too...
[/b]

Really? With the existing pieces or do new stock & trigger pieces need to be made? This would be a very worthwhile mod.....
[/b][/quote]

Here is a pic someone posted a while back, of a trigger mod. I'm sorry I don't remember who it was so I can give credit. You can also see the inaccurate knurling on the fixed safety lever. (inwards on a real Sterling)
mrtriggermod.jpg

Btw, there is also a way of removing the orange plug, if I'm not mistaken.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back