Is P2 elder broken tusk?

TDJC

This is probably really stupid but i was just browsing through the screen caps on the ref material section when i looked at the pics of the P2 elder...
Does he have a 'broken tusk' on the bottom left mandible?
Either i'm showing i'm a total noob or i'm seeing things that aren't there, but that looks broken to me.
Anyone able to corroborate?
Tim o_O

This is probably really stupid but i was just browsing through the screen caps on the ref material section when i looked at the pics of the P2 elder...
Does he have a 'broken tusk' on the bottom left mandible?
Either i'm showing i'm a total noob or i'm seeing things that aren't there, but that looks broken to me.
Anyone able to corroborate?
Tim o_O

No way in the world that is possible. He has a totally different origin as told in a comic book when he gets the pistol from a pirate. He is his own bad ass predator pshhh Broken tusk haha naaaw.

No, Broken Tusk has a much bigger ship and is a Ship Leader. The AVP Elder is the same as Broken Tusk, training the young unblooded for their first hunt. Broken Tusk had never been in direct contact with Humans until he landed on Ryushi.

First off, no question is a stupid question. Second, it's possible that the 'broken tusk' was a reference to Broken Tusk (aka Dachande) which, along with the Alien skull, are both references to the AVP comics.

I hate to break it to you all, but the P2 Elder DOES have a broken lower left mandible, and simply must have been the inspiration for Dachande/Broken Tusk in the AVP novel Prey. However, I personally feel that since Mr. Unnamed here and Dachande have two completely different stories behind them, and are also separated in years by a few hundred, that they are two different people. Just one served as the inspiration for the other. I could imagine that with hunting being as difficult as it is, there are probably quite a few broken (or completely missing) tusks running around. Incidentally, something I did not know until I found this wonderful close up of the screen used suit, is that he is also wearing an earring off the same mandible. Nice touch.

elder010.jpg.gif

First off, no question is a stupid question. Second, it's possible that the 'broken tusk' was a reference to Broken Tusk (aka Dachande) which, along with the Alien skull, are both references to the AVP comics.

Hey UglyMoFo,
Thats what i meant o_O not that he is ACTUALLY broken tusk but that it may have been a nod to the comics/books, thanks for putting it better than i did!
And that's a great pic there first Huntress! At least i know i'm not the only one to see it!
Tim

The comics came before the movie or the novels, and I've heard in interviews that the alien skull in the ship in the film was a nod to the comics, so it is entirely possible that the broken tusk on the elder was the same thing. Daschande (Broken Tusk) had never come in contact with humans before Ryushi and Machiko Noguchi. At that time, (1990), they didn't really plan to make AVP movies. And yes, in the sci-fi world, Broken Tusk is alive and will be until the events in AVP Prey. I'd like to see a film about his exploits and how he got the broken tusk.

dachade, broken tusk, was a noble hunter of the yautja. his tusk was broken as a yung blood when he went up against a queen on his own and lived to *ahem* prey-tell.

hes got a really intresting story. i feel in love w him as a kid when i started reading the a/p/AVP series'. good ****. i just got ahold of a torrent w all of the comics. ***** cool, but they dont do the novels justice.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back