Is Chronicle Collectibles still around ?

Knightmare

Sr Member
I thought they had gone under but I am seeing items for sale on Sideshow.com is this just old inventory ?
I had heard they grifted a bunch of people and took off .

Yes, and no. On their Facebook page there is a document posted on October 2020 that notes that they are making arrangements with creditors. Their business location has closed it's doors and they have a lot of unhappy customers making complaints about unreceived orders. They still have an online presence, but seem to be trying to sell semi precious stones and coins.

Not a business that I would recommend ordering from.

TazMan2000

Yes, and no. On their Facebook page there is a document posted on October 2020 that notes that they are making arrangements with creditors. Their business location has closed it's doors and they have a lot of unhappy customers making complaints about unreceived orders. They still have an online presence, but seem to be trying to sell semi precious stones and coins.

Not a business that I would recommend ordering from.

TazMan2000
Right so do yo think the items on Sideshow is product they have already bought before they went under?

It's probably the business model they adopted of taking preorders. Part of the problem of taking pre-orders is that the customer always assumes that the money would be going to actually producing the prop. The problems come when the company attempting to make the item suffers delays, or supply shortages, or increased prices for things...or any number of speed bumps that can happen. The company soon realizes that the production costs are/will be significantly higher, and all the while, they still had to pay their operating costs (employees, insurance, rent, etc.) So, all the money actually went to operating costs, and then they have no money left to actually make the item.
Some companies go as far as trying to dig themselves out a of the hole and offering yet another item for pre-order (or a few items for preorder), trying to raise even more cash. Ultimately, 1 or 2 failed projects, results in them not being able to afford even their operating costs, and the people that pre-ordered for items just lose their money on the failed promise.
Stick with companies that don't take pre-orders. They've already raised the capital to produce the item, and they're taking all the risk so you don't have to. However, the risk being on the company in this case, they have a greater chance of going under because they have no idea if their product will sell or not, (unless there is some sort of interest list or reserve list) but at least the customers won't be owed anything.

I mean any idea how they went bust ? Seems like with these replica company always is one .
This was the letter they put out.

Not much after that.

ChronicleCollectibles_Letter-1080x1404.jpg

It's probably the business model they adopted of taking preorders. Part of the problem of taking pre-orders is that the customer always assumes that the money would be going to actually producing the prop. The problems come when the company attempting to make the item suffers delays, or supply shortages, or increased prices for things...or any number of speed bumps that can happen. The company soon realizes that the production costs are/will be significantly higher, and all the while, they still had to pay their operating costs (employees, insurance, rent, etc.) So, all the money actually went to operating costs, and then they have no money left to actually make the item.
Some companies go as far as trying to dig themselves out a of the hole and offering yet another item for pre-order (or a few items for preorder), trying to raise even more cash. Ultimately, 1 or 2 failed projects, results in them not being able to afford even their operating costs, and the people that pre-ordered for items just lose their money on the failed promise.
Stick with companies that don't take pre-orders. They've already raised the capital to produce the item, and they're taking all the risk so you don't have to. However, the risk being on the company in this case, they have a greater chance of going under because they have no idea if their product will sell or not, (unless there is some sort of interest list or reserve list) but at least the customers won't be owed anything.
I have read so many interesting stories of these companies getting huge investors and loans pre -orders to just Squander it on any number of reasons . Chronicles I used to see on Facebook do these live events acting like it was all hunkey dory . I mean the people were incredibly annoying and seem to be off in another world lol .

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back