Iron man Mk I Foam Build (Chest started and Mk I Arc Reactor)

Demolition

hi guys was just playing around tonight and had ago at un-folding and making a foam pep file for a mk1 helmet original 3d file was made by Zabana and unfolded by myself , I knocked one up quick its a bit rough your more than welcome to jump on board and try and re-unfold it as im not one of the best at un-folding .

ok see what you think :D

mk1helmet.jpg

helmet MKI.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

and heres my attempt like i say its a quick rough build just to see what its like i think it needs to be a bit bigger it does fit but i think the size is wrong

70533846.jpg

81ab5f96.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Ironman mk1 Foam Helmet (second attemp re-unfolded)Clean version

Hi guys played about with the file this morning made it cleaner and unfolded it again and knocked one up for you to see let me know what you think, Thanks again to Zabana for a superb 3d model :D

helmetmk1.jpg

helmet MKI.2.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Im going to add the raised edges with hot glue so it looks like weld lines like on the movie

f810d044.jpg

69e5bdb5.jpg

1a18d771.jpg

Last edited:

I will be starting mine tonight thanks for the unfold.

That unfold would lend itself very well to using sintra if you want to work the piece so it has the weld seam etc. Basically what I did for a base on my build. :)

hi guys was just playing around tonight and had ago at making a foam pep file for a mk1 helmet and knocked one up quick its a bit rough your more than welcome to jump on board and try and re-unfold it as im not one of the best at un-folding .

ok see what you think :D

mk1helmet.jpg

helmet MKI.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

and heres my attempt like i say its a quick rough build just to see what its like i think it needs to be a bit bigger it does fit but i think the size is wrong

70533846.jpg

81ab5f96.jpg

I like the work you´re doing Demolition but, and I don´t want to be rude in any kind if way, to give me a little credit for the helmet I did will be pretty wellcomed :rolleyes, you know the "original model by..." and such :thumbsup

I like the work you´re doing Demolition but, and I don´t want to be rude in any kind if way, to give me a little credit for the helmet I did will be pretty welcomed :rolleyes, you know the "original model by..." and such :thumbsup
sorry Buddie wasn't any intention of me taking full credit for all the work i just grabbed the file from an online search and couldn't remember the artist ive edited my posts see what you think ill add more if needed just give me a shout please accept my apologies

sorry Buddie wasn't any intention of me taking full credit for all the work i just grabbed the file from an online search and couldn't remember the artist ive edited my posts see what you think ill add more if needed just give me a shout please accept my apologies

No prob man just wanted to be remembered a little for the file, I don´t really need lights announcing it like in Las Vegas you know :p

Anyway good job done on the helmet, if I can help you just tell me!

Re: Ironman mk1 Foam Helmet (3d model by Zabana)(second attemp re-unfolded)Clean vers

great improvements on the helm! looking forward to this build keep it up man :D

Re: Ironman mk1 Foam Helmet (3d model by Zabana)(painted and welding done)Clean versi

Hi guys i put the weld marks on today using hot glue gave it a base coat of charcoal grey and dry brushed it silver i think the metallic look came out really well see what you think :)

8ad93612.jpg

9df4a0f4.jpg

ba625d75.jpg

4a05154d.jpg

Re: Ironman mk1 Foam Helmet (3d model by Zabana)(painted and welding done)Clean versi

Turning out really great bro. keep it up and keep everyone posted on further developments.

Wow looks great can't wait to see more :thumbsup

You're doing GREAT man! (y)thumbsup

The foam texture made it look more like a cast iron which makes your helm a believeable metal material...:):thumbsup VERY NICE!!!

Now if you could only conseal the seam lines, it would be perfect...:love

Keep building... cheers!

Wow! I would not have thought that just two coats of paint would make foam look that much like rough metal. Did you seal it with anything or just spray it on? It looks like the paint beaded up to create an even cooler texture.

The joy of doing the Mark I is that almost all your seams can be covered by a thick bead of hot glue for the welds. So even the cuts that are not so hot will be buried by glue anyway.

I would be interested to see if you attempt the whole build....good luck!

The result is very nice men !

Wow! I never could imagine such piece of art :love

Hi guys was playing around today thinking about the Mk I Helmet i made and started looking at reference pics of the Mk I Armour and After visiting the Pound store Found a nice led light and thought about making the Mk I arc reactor i just need to add some wires and things but see what you think to the basics

9ff3181c.jpg

31ff820f.jpg

4626806d.jpg

Then i got the building bug again and started work on the chest i made a frame first out of some old plastic signs i have laying around i used for my jango fett armor then just using pics for reference started cut foam free hand still abit to do but wanted to share my progress with you the engine on the back is going to be the hardest bit i just need to keep my eye out and start collecting pieces i can use also going to make a trip to the scrap yard and get some old wiring looms to add to it once painted see what you think:)

09c11795.jpg

f0b0b74b.jpg

heres some reference pics of what im working from :)

4606940060_52bb4a3c0e_o.jpg

4606324487_fcdd2a2cd0_o.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back