iron man mk 6 pepakura

Really nice work!! One thing I wanted to ask, have you used masking tape on the seams? And if so, does the resin attach ok to it? I only ask because I'm new to pep costume making and haven't used resin before...

Really nice work!! One thing I wanted to ask, have you used masking tape on the seams? And if so, does the resin attach ok to it? I only ask because I'm new to pep costume making and haven't used resin before...
exactly , I used masking tape "tiro" (in France). Indeed, at first I used the cyanoacrylate, but the paper became hard, the "tiro" keeps the volume and allows for some flexible sealing paper before placing the resin (for my experience)

And 3 hours of work (putty, sanding), work is here but an pant dead .
At first I was scared, because of the ton of putty on the piece, I just kept with the sandpaper, but phew, to break the back with the 60p with the workshop ruban and behind 180p with the vibrant sander

after a message from my friend Bigturc, I will used foot Zabana file , because robo foot file is too big and robo

sorry my friend, but where can I find the file of your last foot of iron man and if I can use it to my armor?
you can answer me in private message

I plunged in achieving the abs
Following here:

made ​​with high density cardboard.
I asked myself the question of how to make the abs more flexible, because I look different realization and the abs are always fixed.
that's my idea in the movement, at some future time I would have found the mechanism to make this movement possible

In regard to the progress of sanding it progresses

nice work mrcome !! for resin work i can give you a tipp make it seperatly in 5 parts. i think after it is done you can add some gum.

I intend to make the two free upper parts.
I will think about the mechanism with the gum.
I thought to remake functioning was mentioned several times.
But I would like the system will be attached to the armor and not on the body
Finally I hope I'm making myself clear...

I tried to find a trick to give the back of the elasticity and flexibility. But all this is still only experimental.
I'm trying to get going on at rib

Today I did something I dreamed of doing for a long time
USE the Digital Control of my work, to realize the armor iron man =)
Here are some photos shot of the cut.

I continued on my side, in my house, the realisation of the chest

Awesome work, I am also new but I learn more and more everyday from this great community. Keep at it and I hope to see the finished result soon.

hello everyone,
question that torments me in the head a long time.
I noticed that the knee was separated from the movement of shin and thigh. For to the back of knees, it's not a worry, but the front of the knees, it is something happening behind the knee and
but the axis of rotation is not the same as for the knees and shin

Does anyone have any idea????

Your flexible abs are ingenious and I applaud you! I've been looking to gain flexibility in a similar fashion and looked at designs like yours and also trying to figure out the method used by Master Le here Master Le Cosplays: Iron Patriot Plated flexible abdominal's - YouTube

What kind of materials are you using like the elastic as well as the set up for the abs themselves? It seems like foam and I notice that you seem to have support rods or a connecting material in between the strips so things come back to their original position after stretching. I'm also a bit confused by the overall set up it seems like the front ab is separate from the sides and rear, will those be connected in any way?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back