Iron Man MK 5 Animatronic Helmet Reviews

MattgomeryBurns

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I saw a video of this helmet go viral about a month ago with an animatronic faceplate. I was curious if you guys have purchased one or have any insights into the best source? From what I've seen there are a few sellers out of China (and I'm sure they're all getting it from the same factory) - Joetoys, Pach Store, and Toys Wonderland seem to be the most common.

It has 3 ways to activate the faceplate: touching the ear, remote, or voice command. The faceplate opens 2 ways - in sections or in one solid piece. And apparently the sound fx are very loud.

Here's the video that made the rounds

And a few reviews

Ordered one but the seller has yet to ship. I understand that there were some quality control issues and just recently a small batch was completed and shipped.
Please keep us posted when it arrives. I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'm considering selling my Roan MK 42 helmet in favor of this one.

I'm having to be careful, especially with the guys on facebook ads. I've gotten scammed a couple of times. It seems there is a newfound focus on geek collectibles from the scammers. I got a baby Yoda hand puppet that looked like Bob Newhart and a front only iron man mask for a small child, when ordering something advertised as much more for well above what they were worth. I almost ordered a saber from a site, that upon looking had no external reviews, or hits on google besides their very professional website. Ziasabers. It looked legit. (They actually called me and are legit. I will post saber when I get. I advised them to come on here and post about themselves.)

Last edited:
Still waiting on mine. The seller has a remarkably high ebay rating which is the only reason I haven't pulled out of the preorder. That and the fact that I got it at $220 back then. Last update I got from them was that it got pushed to November so... well they got a week left...

I can say the rework they did to chrome the front looks way better then the brushed silver I originally opted into. That alone certainly justified a few extra months wait.

I reached out to Toys Wonderland asking about when the helmet may ship...

“Thank you for your enquiries, the estimated release date of this product is within 2020 Q4-2021 Q2. An email will be sent once it is released from the manufacturer. Should you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact us anytime.”

I reached out to Toys Wonderland asking about when the helmet may ship...

“Thank you for your enquiries, the estimated release date of this product is within 2020 Q4-2021 Q2. An email will be sent once it is released from the manufacturer. Should you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact us anytime.”
Just did the same thing and got this reply:

Thank you for your enquiries, the estimated release date of this product is 2021 Q2. We sincerely apologise that the Iron Man Mark V Life-Size Helmet is delayed once again due to the COVID 19. An email will be sent once it is released from the manufacturer. Should you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact us anytime.

OOF! Pushed to Sept-Dec...
2CAC7CD6-ECEF-4C5A-84A1-E1896C437D96.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back