Iron Man Mark 85 - Foam

Shakeitdavey

Hey everyone, I just wanted to get a thread going so I can start posting my progress. I'm hoping this will keep me motivated and to keep going.

It's been years since I've attempted an Iron Man suit so I thought, why the hell not. I’m going for the Mark 85 Suit, in EVA Foam 5mm - (renawolv files). I started with the helmet as this was all I was going to make but I got a taste for more. I made some alterations as I went along too.

I noticed quite a few wrinkles on the forehead and on other parts so I'm hoping that the layers of PVA glue will sort that out. Any advice welcome!

20200314_203927.jpg

20200314_175506.jpg

20200314_201337.jpg

20200314_200901.jpg

20200314_201348.jpg

20200314_201644.jpg

Cheers
Davey

Nice work! Don't sweat those wrinkles either, as you said the PVA coats will pool in there as it dries and fill them out. If you've got access to plastidip, a couple of medium coats over the top of the PVA will give you a final leveler/sealer/guide coat to make sure they're all gone. Good luck!

Update - Few more pics of my progress so far: Shoulder/Arm/Hand combo.

The trickiest part I'm working on is the hinge system for the arm joint. The MK85 armor is very fluent as opposed to the MK6 which had an obvious section for the hinge joint. I'll work something out, but any advice on this part would be greatly appreciated.

Materials are running low due to COVID-19 so I'm making do with what I have lying around.

IM Pic1.jpg

(Excuse the Beer Belly):

IM Pic 2.jpg

IM Pic 3.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back