Iron Man / Boba Fett crossover helmet WIP *new pics*

Weaselhammer

Sr Member
Hey guys, I've been so very inspired by all of the creative awesomeness of the "As you wish" projects I've been seeing, I really wanted to do something similar with my unfinished Mandolorian helmet scratchbuild. The Iron Man faceplate began life from a pep build, fiberglassed and finished off. I am in the process of blending the faceplate into the helmet, and I will be making Iron Man style round ear pucks for the sides. As far as a paint scheme, I am thinking of doing it in Fett colors.... green helmet with red faceplate with the iconic scratch marks, I welcome and invite any feedback and ideas while I am in the early stages. I hope you like it !

View attachment 103751

*edit* since posting this thread, I have since found that I have been beaten to the punch by an actual "As you wish" project that looks really nice. I'm in the process of re-imagining my project now.

Last edited:
Re: Iron Man-dalorian helmet WIP Inspired by the "As you wish" projects !

A successful hybrid should be a good mix of both influences. Right now all I'm seeing is a variation of Iron man.

This will be a hard one since Fett's recognized by the T visor and Iron man clearly has a face incorporated into the design.

It will be interesting to see what you end up with.

A successful hybrid should be a good mix of both influences. Right now all I'm seeing is a variation of Iron man.

This will be a hard one since Fett's recognized by the T visor and Iron man clearly has a face incorporated into the design.

It will be interesting to see what you end up with.

I appreciate the constructive criticism and agree with your points/concerns. I am hoping that the Mandalorian shape of the helmet with its inset cheeks , earpieces, and hopefully the paint scheme will help balance it out. I'm definately up for suggestions anyone may have, and thanks again for the input !

No problem.

Something else that occurs to me is you might want to sketch out some different routes that you could go. It might spur more discussion if you posted some sketches. But maybe you've already drawn some up.

As I'm typing this, I'm looking at my 1:1 Fett statue halfway across the room, and my in progress Ironman bust on the far end of the room, and I'm really intrigued with how this will turn out.

I love both helmets, and yet they're very different. You could almost fit my Ironman helmet inside my Fett.

Worked on the helmet a little, starting on the side parts and ear pucks and did some sanding, I have to wait for some of the Apoxiesculpt to cure before doing anymore tonight. Tomorrow I should have it primered all one color !

View attachment 103789

cool stuff but i'd still add the fett range finder for that extra touch of fettness

Looks great can't wait to see some paint slapped on it:)

You could always do the iconic dent in the helmet to further distinguish it from iron man.

another Idea is to include the iron man mouth but then keep the boba fett pain scheme

another Idea is to include the iron man mouth but then keep the boba fett pain scheme

I was kinda thinking about adding a little chin piece and painting it in such a manner as to represent the chin/mouth part of the Iron Man helmet also. I forsee alot of tweaking as I go along to try and balance it for sure

I could see that turning into a blend of the punisher and Fett helmet.

But definitely looking forward to seeing how it turns out with paint.

I could see that turning into a blend of the punisher and Fett helmet.

But definitely looking forward to seeing how it turns out with paint.

Everytime I look at it, especially without the side pieces, I keep getting reminded of General Grievous , lol

Did some more work to the helmet tonight, I made the vent -like part for the top and blended it all in, also installed the side pieces and filled in any gaps with Apoxiesculpt. I uploaded this picture into Gimp and am trying out different paint schemes, trying to balance it out before I get too far.

View attachment 103969

Iron Mandalorian is one I might have to do in the future myself - just too cool. When it's done, be sure to see if you can get pics with Malmey's Darth Knight vader/batman hybrid!

that looks so cool, iron man/ star wars mashup. Just beautiful, taking the best part of each type of helmet and joining them.

Iron Mandalorian is one I might have to do in the future myself - just too cool. When it's done, be sure to see if you can get pics with Malmey's Darth Knight vader/batman hybrid!

I'm going to have to look this up !

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back