Iron Man 3

Wasn't there a theory about 40 clones of the mark 47 being drones, explaining how we got from MK 7 to MK 47 ? In the other hand I recall reading somewhere about comic book designs or something... Guess we're gonna have to wait to know the answer !

There are so many unbased theories and unsubstantiated rumors about this. Until we get something official from Marvel, I'm calling it the Mk 8. Everything so far is just conjecture.

All I care about is seeing if Clarke Gregg makes an unannounced appearance. I want some more Agent Colsen. Vision!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

All I care about is seeing if Clarke Gregg makes an unannounced appearance. I want some more Agent Colsen. Vision!

I too want to see Coulson but I don't think we're going to see much of SHIELD or Avengers interaction

I too want to see Coulson but I don't think we're going to see much of SHIELD or Avengers interaction

I think we will. Its been refered to as phase 2. Shield and The Avengers are part of that universe. I think they will continue the same pattern of the previous round of movies. So Ironman 3, Thor 2, and Cap 2 should lead us ultimately to where the story ties in to Avengers 2.

While I don't see this process happening through characters from the seperate properties crossing over. Such as Captain America appearing in a Ironman film. They will do it through the villians, or other story arcs within. Such as they did in the previous films.

2012210295%287%29.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/1bf153d09f7df79ae1fd15f35c4be145/tumblr_mf0skj1buW1rck739o1_1280.jpg

Potential spoilers below from another forum. Sounds interesting.

I think Coldblood is a living cyborg techno-zombie by the end of it... he really is just the muscle and a mindless assassin. The virus part of Extremis turns systems into zombies that it can use like hackers do as part of a bigger network/attack. Coldblood is the first step to Mandarin controlling the world's technology, America's air-force & China's navy.

Closer to what Cherokeesam's describing. He gets a form of Extremis and becomes partially mechanical. Killian creates it for AIM/Mandarin, but isn't in the movie much. Maya Hansen has more screen time, knows the dangers of Extremis in Mandarin's hands, and escapes after Killian is taken out.

The doctor injects Stark for Mandarin. He pretends to help Stark because they have a business relationship. Stark willingly takes Extremis because he trusts the doctor. Mandarin's reach knows no bounds and he had 10 rings men hidden everywhere..
He's trying to infiltrate Stark's body/the suits/Jarvis/the company at the same time, as well as other networks and even individuals who have taken Extremis. He wants to neutralize Stark and use Stark's own technology against the world. The US military doesn't know that their new toys are all linked to Iron Patriot through an AI network that AIM has created. They put him front and center and make him a commander of the drones and other suits. Firepower bonds with Iron Patriot, takes control of a large section of the US military for Mandarin. And Rhodey has to use a different armor for the end.

Maya tells Stark that Extremis will allow Mandarin to control any nervous system/computerized system. As well as anybody injected with it once he links it into AIM's central AI, almost Ultron as per my theories about the Pyms working for AIM... Extremis is also a virus that turns systems into obedient zombies like Coldblood after neutralizing their nervous systems. Even Taggert disagrees with what's going on when he realizes that having all the systems linked is a bad idea. He get's neutralized and forced into continuing to work with Mandarin. With Maya's help Tony fixes himself before it's too late, he has to alter the virus to regain control of his company before it spreads through Jarvis to the rest of the company, and before Coldblood, Firepower and Mandarin can infect all of China/USA's military through AIM. Possibly the rest of the world, giving Mandarin control of almost every computerized military system and anyone he can inject with Extremis.

here's more about the symbolic nature of the rings. mixed with my own speculation of course. I'm told the Makluan subplot is completely dropped, at one point there was a desire to explore it. So I don't know where Wardell got the Fin Fang Foom thing from. The dragon ring is mainly symbolic now and doesn't correspond with anything yet. Not all the rings' stories will be featured. But each ring has a story, an elemental nature/power theme to it that's explored in the film as part of Mandarin's lessons. Each making up one aspect of his network.

Mandarin literally controls Coldblood against his will. He's like a mindless assassin. He hasn't been brainwashed, he's been programmed. This sets up a difference between him and Winter Soldier. Mandarin still has his firepower and Coldpower working for him as 2 of his rings... Each ring represents a person/thing that's integral to Mandarin's empire. They correspond with his assassins and inside men within corporations and science. One is the doctor, even if he's not radioactive man, representing one of mandarin's powers related to infrared and radiation/nuclear medicine. Another represents the rearrangement of matter through science, this is Killian. One represents control- Mandarin's right middle finger ring, the Mento-Intensifier power: Magnifies the Mandarin’s psychic energy enabling him to mentally control a person (or thing in this story/those Extremis infected). Mandarin's main power in the movie. Controlling things. Also related to Stane, power/control, and the nerve neutralizer used in IM1.

Mandarin was really interested in the toy he had Stane build. Like his power to control Extremis and mento-intensifier ring power in the comics: only effective at short range. At least initially. With the nerve neutralizer he can completely freeze or stop the person's activities, he's given this power to Coldblood... Then he takes complete control of their nervous systems with Extremis. The upside is that the virus never completely infects Tony. Maya gets to him in time because the virus part was more of a Trojan horse that the Mandarin was using--he's adopted new/old tactics to neutralize Stark. He combines things, he uses Vanko's plot to hijack the robots in a new way, launches a more massive attack through implementing classical warfare. He admired Vanko, in a way, and Vanko wasn't a member just set on the track. Vanko's vision wasn't big enough. Stane/Raza got it, "imagine what you could do with an army of those things", multiple armies of them. Stark alters the virus, rewrites it, and can now control all of his remaining suits at the same time, using them against Mandarin through Jarvis. It takes too much concentration to do complicated things with 40 armors at once, but he needs each suit to play a part. Stark saved Jarvis from being overrun by a virus hidden in Extremis. Jarvis and War Machine (with a much bigger suit) are on his side against The Mandarin and everything/everyone he controls; which allows them to be in many places at once to stop Mandarin's plans. Taking out multiple threats at the same time, with Jarvis's help targeting. Firepower (now completely controlled) and AIM's AI are on Mandarin's side.

War Machine has previously got the jump on ColdBlood, and has to stop Taggert even though Taggert's being used against his will to harm the country he serves. Mandarin attacks from the inside, neutralizes, expands his power over the strongholds of the world, and converts to his will. He knows all about Shield and that soldiers are how you win battles. You can even infiltrate one of their soldiers and use his technologically infused body/his technology for your own purpose. Invades the strongholds and sieges them from the inside. He doesn't believe Iron Man or Captain America were heroes. They were only very talented soldiers. Iron Man made the mistake of making himself publicly known, and now having his spies associate IM with Shield. Mandarin knows about Shield, otherwise he wouldn't address them in the trailer... But Mandarin controls his soldiers like a ruthless Emperor, and doesn't believe in the power of heroes.

Kevin Feige Says ?Iron Man 3? ?Doesn?t Feature Any Other Avengers,? Comments on Villain, Tone and More | /Film

"...Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige says yes and no. Yes, the knowledge of the greater universe beyond his own vision has changed Tony Stark in Iron Man 3, but no, the film won’t feature any members of S.H.I.E.L.D. or the Avengers."

I think we will. Its been refered to as phase 2. Shield and The Avengers are part of that universe. I think they will continue the same pattern of the previous round of movies. So Ironman 3, Thor 2, and Cap 2 should lead us ultimately to where the story ties in to Avengers 2.

While I don't see this process happening through characters from the seperate properties crossing over. Such as Captain America appearing in a Ironman film. They will do it through the villians, or other story arcs within. Such as they did in the previous films.

its also just a toy, and says nothing about the movie

The reason I posted it was because it looks like is has a lot of similar parts to the mk47 or mk8 and it also looks a lot like the the comic bleeding edge suit.

If it looked as bad as the Iron man 2 toys I wouldn't have posted it.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back