Iron Man 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by 8 perf, Oct 27, 2011.

1. 8 perf

8 perf Sr Member

2. bleyd

bleyd Sr Member

That's awesome. Ya know, we'll be expecting photographic updates when they start principle. ;)

3. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

Good, i'll look forward to it!

Rich

4. Jawafive

Jawafive Sr Member

I'm about an hour from there. Looks like I need to make a drive!!

5. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

I live about 7 hours away and have friends there. Rylo lives not too far away...

We should have a wilmington prop party during filming and all go and try to get some pics! :)

6. Alan Cross

Alan Cross Sr Member

They filmed my episode of Dawsons Creek there (Well they filmed ALL the episodes of DC there). Really nice little town. Good restaurants. Hope the movie turns out better than IM2

7. Aztek Dummy

Aztek Dummy Well-Known Member

looks like it'll be a good boost to the state.
    If we make a good impression, maybe Marvel will make all of their films here

8. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

I met Katie Holmes there randomly like 12-15 years ago. She said she was visiting some friends. She was leaving the campus of... I can't remember. :confused

It was before Tom and she was VERY nice. A LOT nicer than you woulda thought she would be. :)

Again... NC prop party? :love

9. Zombie Killer

Zombie Killer Sr Member

I'm just over 2 hrs away. Thats great news.

10. SVTStingRay

SVTStingRay Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

is happy hogan in this one?

11. 8 perf

8 perf Sr Member

NC/ Wilmington prop party would be cool. I'm in. :)

12. Kal

Kal Well-Known Member

Was going to be shot in detroit just like the avengers. But our new jackass gov. Git rid of our states tax credits for films. Had a ton of movies done here the last two yrs. Now all we have is the new Oz film.

13. raziel79f

raziel79f New Member

looks like i'm emigrateing to DC!!!!

14. Hazz

Hazz New Member

whats the story in IM 3?

15. 8 perf

8 perf Sr Member

I haven't heard of any story details leaked yet, save for the rumor that the Mandarin and the 10 rings might be the big bad.

16. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

apparently ben kingsley will play the villain

which just shouts MANDARIN to me. seriously, the roll is perfect for him.

17. third3ye

third3ye Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

They are also filming part of the movie in China, assuming RDJ is ok with that association as he's a staunch Tibet supporter. China = Mandarin, or some modernized movie version of him.

18. rodneyfaile

rodneyfaile Sr Member

Guy Pierce and Ben Kingsly, sounds really good!

19. rodneyfaile

rodneyfaile Sr Member

I read an article that I can't seem to find now, but in it they asked about who could play Tony Stark once RDJ eventually steps down. They didn't name any actors, but said they hope to just continue the series like James Bond, where a different actor steps in, but they don't do an entire reboot and origin story all over again. They just continue on.

I really wish they would do this with all the comic movies from now on. Then they could make much more interesting story lines without having to get the origin and character introductions out of the way every time.

20. Kevin Gossett

Kevin Gossett Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

21. rodneyfaile

rodneyfaile Sr Member

That's pretty much it, or at least quoting the same sources.

I think that is the way to go. Just keep building. You don't have to reboot all the way back to the origin every time you change actors.

I hope Marvel can get X-men and Spiderman back too. I would love a quick Wolverine cameo by Hugh Jackman in the next Captain America movie, or something like that. Maybe Matt Murdock shows up in the next Spiderman.

Would be a whole lot easier to make movies if you didn't retell the origin every time. Now bring on Avengers 2, 3, and 4! lol

22. b00st

b00st New Member

Filming to begin May 2012
    Cast
    Credited cast:
    Robert Downey Jr. ... Tony Stark / Iron Man
    Jessica Chastain ... (rumored)
    Guy Pearce ... Aldrich Killian
    Gwyneth Paltrow ... Pepper Potts
    Ben Kingsley ... The Mandarin (rumored)
    Don Cheadle ... Lt. Col. James 'Rhodey' Rhodes / War Machine
    For a targeted May 3rd release.

23. DavidS

DavidS Sr Member

Think we will see an Extremis storyline?

24. MooMooEgg

MooMooEgg Sr Member

Honestly, I'd want Marvel to completely reboot X-Men if they got it back so they can do it right. Have an awesome Cyclops, a more down and dirty Wolverine and maybe a movie that doesn't have Magneto in it? Take it slow and really plan ahead with the potential stories.

But I agree with no reboots. Marvel's films have been great, and there really is no need to start from scratch. I don't see how they can improve on any of their current characters' origin stories.

25. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

man i can only imagine if marvel really would do that, and tie all the movies together from now on. that would be one ****ing big movie project. after all, they do come together in the comics, more or less :)
    im curious if they will revive bucky in the next cap movie tho

26. reaper63

reaper63 Sr Member

If that were to happen, maybe we can get a 6 movie epic - "Secret Wars"!!!! Be able to introduce the Symbiote Suit correctly!!! Then the next Spiderman after this could bring in Venom! :)

that would make me happy, it would never happen, but a guy can dream!

Back on topic, I am definately looking forward to IM3 though!

27. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

Kingsley will make an formidable Mandarin. Hope this happens.

28. rodneyfaile

rodneyfaile Sr Member

With someone else directing, I wonder if Jon Favreau wold come back as Happy Hogan?

29. Kevin Gossett

Kevin Gossett Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Isn't he still a producer? I would think he would reprise the role as long as he is still involved

30. Chris27989

Chris27989 Well-Known Member

Yeh he is isn't he ,i thought he was producer in avengers too

31. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

In IM3, Stark will have more suits, than in all three films (Iron Man I-II + The Avengers) combined!
    Source:
    Marvel Licensing artworks + Kevin Feige interview.
    :)

32. cboath

cboath Master Member

So in one movie he'll use 8 suits? Avengers debuted the Mark VII. To get more, that those combined he'll have to take it to Mark 15, 16....seems way excessive for one flick.

33. JBReplicas

JBReplicas Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

of course he'll have more, he's on Mk 8, so when he gets to Mk 9 thats 1 more than 8 right? :lol

34. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

I want to see the original styled "chain mail" type armor.

All this plating and scallops look cool and all but that was all born in the later comics.

Let's reverse it and have the chain mail type be an advanced materials prototype. With the new Starkainium element to power it. It's a natural.

35. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

No, don't get crazy now. I highly doubt that he will have that many, only more than any single film:thumbsup

36. cboath

cboath Master Member

Well, he used 4 in IM1 didn't he?

37. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

Hmm. Well, I guess we will have to wait and see, besides my 6 yr old only has like 20 or so different versions of his Iron Man action figures. He could always use more.

38. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

Cave suit, silver suit, red/gold suit.

39. cboath

cboath Master Member

I thought the Mark IV was in IM1. In IM2, he started with IV, V was the briefcase suite, and VI the one with the reactor based on the new element.

40. erictank

erictank Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Nope- IM 1 had Mk 1, 2, and 3, as DuneMuadDib said. 2 and 3 were physically the same, except for color and the presence of rivets on the Mk 2 and none on the Mk 3. Mk 4 was first seen at the beginning of IM2, 5 was indeed the suitcase suit, and 6 was the one with the triangle RT, powered by the new-element arc reactor (only physical differences between Mk 4 and Mk 6 are paint scheme and chestplate/chest RT - the rest of the armor is the same). Then we have the Mk 7 in the final battle in Avengers (he starts off and spends most of Avengers in the Mk 6 suit; there are many physical differences between Mk 7 and any of the others, even after allowing for the detachable booster pack).

41. rodneyfaile

rodneyfaile Sr Member

Bring on the Hulkbuster suit!

42. Polsnulspace

Polsnulspace Sr Member

This I'd love to see in action! :cool:thumbsup

43. third3ye

Same what I've heard, I saw the sizzle reel a long while ago. How many suits? Let's just say Fiege made a comment about Tony working on a Mk20-something ;)

44. rodneyfaile

rodneyfaile Sr Member

Ben Kingsly would make a great Mandarin.

I hope they tie it all in with the first movie by using this emblem,

[​IMG]

and this guy.

[​IMG]

45. Talisen

Talisen Sr Member

The Mk4 and Mk 6 were very different. maybe the fingers were the same and the lower part of the boot, but the arms, legs, chest were completely changed, even the Helmet was different (slightly)

46. third3ye

The Mk4 and 6 were essentially the same suit with different chest piece and RT, and slightly different paint schemes (see biceps and thighs). Any other differences were extremely minor. Even the designers said that the 6 was the same as the 4 with some minor changes.

47. rodneyfaile

rodneyfaile Sr Member

I read that the guy above and his 10 rings terrorist organization are the closet we will get to seeing anything like the Mandarin.
    Ben Kingsley's character is going to be some kind of villain that uses nano-technology.

The more I read about nano-technology, the more I want to see it in movies. (The first GI Joe movie used it.)

Also heard Favreau is going to come back as Happy Hogan. Nice!

48. The Hopkinator

The Hopkinator Sr Member

Soon North Carolina will be the ultimate power in the UNIVERSE!!

49. rodneyfaile

rodneyfaile Sr Member

Don't be too proud of the technology you've constructed. The ability to film Iron Man 3 is insignificant next to the power of the force (and Charleston, SC lol).

50. Eopie Herder

Eopie Herder Sr Member

Yeah, but we just got the new J.J. Abrams series too. Plus, not been mentioned in the media, but Marvel rented space for two years. I'd be willing to bet Cap is coming here too.