Iron Man 3

Good call, Didn't Tony have both removed and then the Arc put back in later, in the comics? ITs been awhile since I read them and can't recall now exactly :)
I haven't kept up but I don't think Tony in the main continuity of the comics has an arc in him. It was removed before he took Extremis, I can't imagine why he'd get it back. Unless they just wanted the comics to appeal to movie fans, which is absolutely possible (IE black Nick Fury showing up in the main continuity).

the shot the most people missed...

LL.jpg

Call me misinformed but wasn't Iron Man 3 supposed to be dealing with some viral Nano Tech, somewhere in China? Naughty Nano's taking over the Tony's Suits could be an issue for anyone... ;)

my take on this is thats just the suit. tony and pepper get blown away, and the suit tries to come save them and loses its footing and gets dragged to the bottom of the ocean. thats y it looked the way it did.

when I posted this theory on facebook, it actually made sense when one of my friends also pointed out the part where the repulsor seems to be shot on accident like whoever is in the suit doesn't know how to use it. Also another thing that was pointed out was Tony saying "I hope I can protect the one thing I can't live without", and probably the way to do that is programming the armor to encase Pepper.

and BTW, it's Detroit Steel not Iron Patriot guys :)

I haven't kept up but I don't think Tony in the main continuity of the comics has an arc in him. It was removed before he took Extremis, I can't imagine why he'd get it back. Unless they just wanted the comics to appeal to movie fans, which is absolutely possible (IE black Nick Fury showing up in the main continuity).

Yeah, I can't remember where I remember that from lol. It had some thing to do with Tony shutting down extremis and needing the arc back (the one pepper had for rescue actually) geeze now I'm going to have to go back and reread some books, I really want to know if I just made up my own story or not haha :)

Last edited:
the plane scene (air force one). i think it got hijacked. if you look closely, the suit, with or without tony in it, punches through the side and fires its repulsor at a guy. also iron patriot is on the plane attacking someone...

original.jpg

I worded it wrong, it's hard to put it in words. You're right, not exactly a look of triumph, but he has this appearance of accomplishing something, I guess you could say. I don't know, it's all based on opinion I suppose.

Well, Tony is sporting an injured hand through most of the trailer...

But on the other hand, the snowy environment looks like where he's dragging the suit, so maybe some kinda low-tech test gone wrong or something.

Well it certainly looks darker, I'm just on the edge of my seat. I really want to see more. You come to think of these heros to be invulnerable, invincible, and untouchable. But this movie demonstrates otherwise.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back