Iron Man 2 Race Track Suit

Though it looks like at least two different pairs were used, cause I can't see the diamonds on these ones. In fact, they also look a lot thinner than the first pair of gloves.

gloves1.png
Those looks like CG hands to me...:unsure

It's just cause I screencapped it from a lower-res trailer from the Apple site. When you watch it in HD they look fine.

I would still agree that those appear to be CG hands, even at a higher resolution. They don't seem to cast shadows properly. They were most likely drawn over Robert Downey Jr.'s hands, much like how in the first film they redrew the Mark II over actual footage of it so that you could see how all the flaps operated.

I'd say for reference images for the gloves, use the picture of RDJ upside-down. That's going to be the most accurate I think.

-Nick

Speaking of UD Replica's, has anyone recieved an update personally regarding the release of their suitcase armor Iron Man motorcycle suit? Their site and Facebook pages still have no updates in which they did indicate they were poised to premier the suit with the release if Iron Man 2--hope things didn't fall through. Heck, I'm still waiting to purchase their Wolverine Motorcycle suit! :confused

Last edited:
Speaking of UD Replica's, has anyone recieved an update personally regarding the release of their suitcase armor Iron Man motorcycle suit? Their site and Facebook pages still have no updates in which they did indicate they were poised to premier the suit with the release if Iron Man 2--hope things didn't fall through. Heck, I'm still waiting to purchase their Wolverine Motorcycle suit! :confused

Rest assured...they're BOTH coming!
Wolverine is ready...just finishing up the website pages needed as well as a new cool promo vid showcasing the Wolverine motorcycle suit.

Iron Man's Suitcase Suit is also just about ready....finishing the boots and gloves as we speak. The jacket and pants are ridiculously cool...and I mean RIDICULOUSLY COOL!

Both are really faithful representations of what was seen on screen. The Wolverine suit was one thing because we had access to one of the real suits so it was patterned 1:1, and we hope the teaser we released shows just how much attention to accuracy we truly went for..... but the Suitcase suit was a complete 'from the ground up' build and it's an incredible real world 'movie replica' of that fantastic suit as seen on screen. This suit has more detail and formed leather components than I ever thought possible.

They're both coming shortly....with much more from our Marvel license already scheduled for 2010.

Batman Begins line is also nearly ready. Yet another crazy build.

...we're making super hero suits cool for bikers. Now just wait until the TRON LEGACY suits go public.... :)

David

Wolverine is ready...just finishing up the website pages needed as well as a new cool promo vid showcasing the Wolverine motorcycle suit.

Iron Man's Suitcase Suit is also just about ready....finishing the boots and gloves as we speak. The jacket and pants are ridiculously cool...and I mean RIDICULOUSLY COOL!

Both are really faithful representations of what was seen on screen. The Wolverine suit was one thing because we had access to one of the real suits so it was patterned 1:1, and we hope the teaser we released shows just how much attention to accuracy we truly went for..... but the Suitcase suit was a complete 'from the ground up' build and it's an incredible real world 'movie replica' of that fantastic suit as seen on screen. This suit has more detail and formed leather components than I ever thought possible.

They're both coming shortly....with much more from our Marvel license already scheduled for 2010.

...we're making super hero suits cool for bikers. Now just wait until the TRON LEGACY suits go public.... :)

David

haha oh man thats gonna be sick make sure you keep us updated!!

I would still agree that those appear to be CG hands, even at a higher resolution. They don't seem to cast shadows properly. They were most likely drawn over Robert Downey Jr.'s hands, much like how in the first film they redrew the Mark II over actual footage of it so that you could see how all the flaps operated.

I'd say for reference images for the gloves, use the picture of RDJ upside-down. That's going to be the most accurate I think.

-Nick

I forgot about redrawing the MkII. Guess you're right! I can't wait until it's out on Blu Ray and I can finally get some proper reference shots. Have a while to wait though :cry

David

Thank you so much for the update!!! I missed out on the Dark Knight but swore I will never again miss out on the opportunity to purchase one (or the rest) of what you guys are offering. I prepped my wife and she's on board with my budget (lucky me!) so I'll be cleaning house, cooking and doing laundry for the next decade.

A worthy sacrifice!:lol

Thank you again, David, I am pumped!

That jacket is from his race suit is so friggin' cool.

Alas, with no bike i'd look like a tool if i wore it.

Although my car is the same blue, that'd work right? If i got out of my super cool protege5 hatchback in my Stark jacket? RIGHT?! That's the same as climbing off an R1?:lol

......if only i could pull off a suit like this!!:cry I would have this baby done in no time. I lusted after it through the whole movie. Someone please make one of these and then marry me in it :I

I found a fabric on eBay UK that will do me for now while I attempt a cheap version. It's a very thin woven polyester, the sort that's used on things like laptop and camera cases, sun loungers etc. It's called waterproof Oxford polyester, and the royal blue is just about the right shade. The texture looks similar enough to the suit for me to get away with for now, at least until I get used to making it (after all, I am a complete costume-making newbie). After that, hopefully there will be a better source of fabric around for me to have a proper go with.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back