Iron costume... can you please verify?

sczmajor

Good morning,

I'm always checking Ebay every morning to see if anyone is selling an Iron Man costume. It has always being my dream to buy such an awesome costume.

I found a seller on Ebay selling a costume at:

Iron Man movie prop costume replica suit Mark III | eBay

When I asked the seller to send more pictures so I may purchase the costume for $1500, the seller E-Mailed me back, but the pictures he sent me contained the same pictures on this website:
Amazing Fan-made Iron Man Costume | My Disguises - We Love Costumes

Which from there I found therpf.com and I was reading some of your posts (can’t read most of them right now sense I’m working at an office).

And you guys have a member named TMP who talks about a professional scammer in Europe. Well, the seller of this costume is talking to me from Europe but says that the item is in the US.

Can you please let me know if you know this person is “perhaps” one of your members and if he's legit? And if you are legit and are the seller of this great costume, I’m sorry for the inconvenience but I just hope you understand I’m a little nervous about this.

Thank you all for reading this.

Last edited:
I don't know who the seller is but it does look like one of TMP's suits.

My rule of thumb: If I request details/photos/etc about a product and the seller has some kind of excuse as to why they can't provide, I stay away.

The only time I would gamble with $1500 is in Vegas.

correct me if im wrong but arnt those the pics of one of tmps origanal suits because they are the ones that i first saw that lead me to this site

I'm new to the the rpf community and I just hovered by and noticed this and I had to log on very quickly and tell you this.

Don't Do it!!

I say this because I bought a spiderman costume ( not from him) the pictures where great and everything, but this guy wanted the money wired to him by western union and thats a big NO on ebay. I got a warranty from ebay so thats what fooled me thinking this was legit. So conclusion I never got the suit and I got ripped off of $800.

Oh and how I realized it from this guy is because the second picture he uses puts an Aol email address.

I think your safest bet is to commission a suit from any one of the many experts on this site. Or wait until after Halloween - then I think that some of these guys might sell their Iron Man suits to finance their next builds. That's the cool thing about this place - it's all about the creating. Once the suit is done, people quickly start up something else.

I'm new to the the rpf community and I just hovered by and noticed this and I had to log on very quickly and tell you this.

Don't Do it!!

I say this because I bought a spiderman costume ( not from him) the pictures where great and everything, but this guy wanted the money wired to him by western union and thats a big NO on ebay. I got a warranty from ebay so thats what fooled me thinking this was legit. So conclusion I never got the suit and I got ripped off of $800.

Oh and how I realized it from this guy is because the second picture he uses puts an Aol email address.

Hey Salamander. Thank you for your great and valuable information. I'm very sorry you got stiffed from these dirty crooks. :angry

I got suspicious when this guy told me he was selling an item in the US while living abroad in Europe. I also thought that the costume is a little cheap for $1500 knowing that I got quoted for a Punk daft helmet for $1k alone. Once again thank you.

Yeah I did a little investigating on this and here is the email I recieved back from the seller:

You can buy the Iron Man suit from me for $1500 with S&H (shipping & handling)included.The armor was designed and built up by a team of 12 you you don't need to do anything else but the suit.The costume is already made along with the other 23 units remaining. Anyway you have 14 days money back guarantee(if you don't like it you can send it back and get your money back).I am currently in Europe I opened a store here with hunting equipment but you will receive the suit from the US, I can ship to Glendale,AZ with UPS (air service) in 2 - 3 working days this item will be in your home.
If you are interested and ready to buy please confirm your full name & shipping address so I can forward it to eBay for your invoice.
Let me know if we can arrange a deal.
Thanks

I have attached the requested photos to this message.

Every photo he attached was from the Original TMP shoot, the ones where he is standing outside!!!

I contacted the "seller" asking for more pics & info and this was the response I got...

"I am not the seller; someone hijacked my account. You should notify ebay asap."

The auction is still up. If somebody "hijacked" his account, wouldn't HE have done something about it by now?

Please follow the link posted by the OP and report the auction to save some clueless buyer a massive hit to his/her wallet!

Def a TMP suit in the picture. I cannot see how this guy has 23 more units! TMP was very selective about selling these so this guy has to be lying.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back