Introducing Baymax 2.0

MTB

Sr Member
Im going to D23 this year and wanted to build a Baymax 2.0 to wear there but with the expo next week I will not be able to finish it on time =( I of course will be finishing the costume and will be wearing it for Halloween and maybe even to Disneyland for the Halloween event there, but we'll see. Here is the progress of the build,

20150618_002902_zpsuqtvxstf.jpg
Here are the legs and cod all pep'd out. I also have dry wall stilts to wear for this one. I will be 7.5 almost 8ft tall.

IMG_20150623_160331009_HDR_zpsehu7hclt.jpg
About to fiberglass everything

IMG_20150707_135651440_zps16kxnjac.jpg
I had my little helper do some of the work =)

IMG_20150704_125435665_zpscdpqnw3o.jpg
Body and one shoulder done

IMG_20150722_014025955_zpshh0n8ffz.jpg
Helmet

IMG_20150722_183144330_HDR_zpsg0x1yww2.jpg
Here is everything but the abs all fiberglassed and drying.

IMG_20150729_195724181_zpsjqgmixey.jpg
Starting the bondo

IMG_20150728_191909390_zpsptjftzfu.jpg
again I had a little helper

IMG_20150721_205035494_zpsytxdxhxp.jpg
Here is a quick suit up just to get the sizing for the abs

IMG_20150730_125645600_zpss4l9bqrf.jpg
And here is where I'm at now. I just taped everything together to get a feel for the real size. And I have my little helper there so you can really see how big it is.

My plan is to have the fingers move, eyes blink, have the access port pop out with the chips in it, and have a tablet in the inside of the chest with speakers and play Baymax sound clips. Of course who knows what ill actually get done by Halloween but we'll see! Before anyone asks about the pep files I am not able to share them as I bought a 3d model from someone I found online and he did a ton of work getting them to work in Pepakura. Its not like the Iron Man or any other normal pep file. Its all one file and I have to go in and separate ever part one by one. Its not a perfect file like the others out there but im making it work.

Body_Baymax_Pepakura.jpg
Here is what the file looks like, then I have to find each piece and move it.

Here is a link to the guys page where I got the Baymax files. If you are interested in purchasing it just message him and say you saw the build here on the rpf.

His Name is Alejandro Sentell

Sub:cool Love it already! As for your little helper, she should have the proper shoes to work safely with that sanders (A+ for the respirator;)). Keep up the great work.

This looks like it will be cool. You got any plans for the arm extensions?

If not and you want something basic, I'd recommend using one of these litter collectors, and making appropriate modifications to the length and the claw to act as a 'skeleton' for the hands. I've been making plans in my head for a future build with extended arms and came up with this as a possible method for having reasonable control of both hands without spending too much cash.
70154C.jpg

Turtlespoon, I have something similar in my head for the making the fingers articulate. To control the arms I was planning on doing something like they do at GiantCardboardRobots (You can see it easily in the banner pic) Since Baymax has big round joints on the arms it should work out well. I will post pics when I get to building that part and always welcome help/feedback!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back