Installing quills onto pred mask

ronin1

I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on properly installing quills onto a pred mask after its been painted?I'm a little scared to try right now because I'm not too sure if I should poke a small hole in the mask or not.Don't want to screw up on my first try. :)

Not sure if your going to be clear coating over the top, but IF im installing quills, as J said use crazy glue / super glue here, then i top coat the whole mask, my theory is along with making the quills nice and shiney, it may also help hold the quills in place hehe.

Thanks J and Lee for the tips.The mask is already finished and clear coated though.I wouldn't know how to clear coat it to save my life anyways...lol!The quills are quite nice,they're from BOUNTY HUNTER.Its the mask you made Lee that Mel painted to look like the Scar predator.I just don't want to mess up.

Mario ;)

Trust me...a VERY small amount of krazy glue so that none of it bleeds out the side of the quill.

Now also keep in mind that if one happens to get accidentally pulled/broken off, there is a very high probability that it will pull off some paint as well. They can be glued on again but you may have to touch up the paint a wee bit.

I will keep that in mind because I can picture that in my head already...lol!I dread that happening though.I've done dreads before but not these yet.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back