Infinity Stone Project- Done!!

CPTRogers

Sr Member
Finally got my Infinity Stone project done. This was a fairly complex project for me as I tried many new things ive never done before. From just gathering all the materials, to creating the lighting, and fitting it all in a shadow box frame.

I used some glass rock I found at a local craft store. I was going for a raw stone look rather than a finished gem. I painted the rocks with different shades of translucent paint (thanks @Soulinertiahttp://www.therpf.com/member.php?u=8829 for the heads up on the paint), as well as frosted them slightly. Got a shadow box, and some wiring, LEDs, on/off switch, and went to work. I soldiered for the first time which was fun. And this is my finished product. Im ecstatic! It really looks very cool and adds some nice color to the room its in. It uses 2 LED strips powered by 2-9V batteries. It has an on/off switch in the back for easy on/off.

Aether (Reality Stone)- Thor 2- Red/Black
Mind Stone (Lokis Scepter)- Avengers- Yellow
Power Stone (Orb)- Guardians of the Galaxy- Purple
Orange- TBA
Space Stone (Tesseract)- Captain America/Avengers)- Blue
Green- TBA

Lights on
IMG_6449_zpsc5ja2ip7.jpg

Lights off
IMG_6452_zpslpzdismu.jpg

IMG_6449_zpsc5ja2ip7.jpg

IMG_6449_zpsc5ja2ip7.jpg

IMG_6449_zpsc5ja2ip7.jpg

IMG_6449_zpsc5ja2ip7.jpg

IMG_6452_zpslpzdismu.jpg

IMG_6452_zpslpzdismu.jpg

IMG_6452_zpslpzdismu.jpg

IMG_6452_zpslpzdismu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think premium is only $35 for the year maybe.

Post it over in the marvel forum and see if there is any interest.

I I think it looks great man. Not everything has to be movie accurate to be cool. Might not be the popular opinion though.

I've been playing with a weathered version

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 167
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 145
Thanks for all the kind comments. Im working on a self lighted stone as we speak. Supplies are on the way. I should hopefully have a finished product by late next week.

This display looks great and the stones actually look like the ones seem in the holo-displays when the Collector is explaining their origins in Guardians of the Galaxy.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back