Done / Completed Indiana Jones - "FERTILITY IDOL" (Metal - Damaged) SOLD OUT!!!

My order arrived today. They look fantastic, and I'm so happy with them. Thank you so much for such a great deal! The damage is barely visible, and I thinks it looks fine with it. Indy took a headfirst tumble down the hill to avoid the boulder, carrying the idol in his hand; so it'd make sense for the idol to end up with some bumps.

Again, thanks for everything! It's always an absolute pleasure working with you! Every time I order one of your items, it exceeds every expectation.

Sorry if I missed it but what's the proper way to install the glass eyes? Glue?

Here's how I install them:
I used a long flat piece of brass metal I got from Ace Hardware, bent it a little, and stuck a piece of two-sided tape at the end to hold the Glass Eye.
Before you glue the eye in place, make sure it sits flush enough for it to be glued in place. If you want the Glass Eye to sit completely flush with the eyelids, you may have to grind away a little metal with a Dremel Tool. Just apply a lot of tape around the eyelids, so you don't damage the gold-plating while grinding on the inside of the eyelid.
I then guided the Glass Eye to the eye socket and then held it there while I added some Superglue, while holding it there for another 30 seconds. Release the metal rod from the eye and then turn the Idol over while the glue dries for another 30 minutes. Then repeat the process for the second glass eye.
I then fill it with spray foam, which secures the eyes in place even more and fills the empty space. I then cut out a little bit of the foam around the bottom hole and filled it with plaster, let it dry for 24 hours and then sanded flat. I then sprayed it with Spray Adhesive, applied Gold Leaf, and let that dry for another 24 hours. I then sprayed it with Clear Polyurethane Spray and let it dry for a couple of days to cure. You can even put it out in the sunlight to cure even faster. The Gold Leaf may start to form bubbles while it's drying, which you will just keep popping them as it dries and press them flat. If you expose the glue underneath the Gold Leaf while popping the bubbles, just add a little more Gold Leaf.
It's a little tricky getting the Glass Eyes glued into place. So, take your time and be patient!
Best of luck!

Here's how I install them:
I used a long flat piece of brass metal I got from Ace Hardware, bent it a little, and stuck a piece of two-sided tape at the end to hold the Glass Eye.
Before you glue the eye in place, make sure it sits flush enough for it to be glued in place. If you want the Glass Eye to sit completely flush with the eyelids, you may have to grind away a little metal with a Dremel Tool. Just apply a lot of tape around the eyelids, so you don't damage the gold-plating while grinding on the inside of the eyelid.
I then guided the Glass Eye to the eye socket and then held it there while I added some Superglue, while holding it there for another 30 seconds. Release the metal rod from the eye and then turn the Idol over while the glue dries for another 30 minutes. Then repeat the process for the second glass eye.
I then fill it with spray foam, which secures the eyes in place even more and fills the empty space. I then cut out a little bit of the foam around the bottom hole and filled it with plaster, let it dry for 24 hours and then sanded flat. I then sprayed it with Spray Adhesive, applied Gold Leaf, and let that dry for another 24 hours. I then sprayed it with Clear Polyurethane Spray and let it dry for a couple of days to cure. You can even put it out in the sunlight to cure even faster. The Gold Leaf may start to form bubbles while it's drying, which you will just keep popping them as it dries and press them flat. If you expose the glue underneath the Gold Leaf while popping the bubbles, just add a little more Gold Leaf.
It's a little tricky getting the Glass Eyes glued into place. So, take your time and be patient!
Best of luck!
Wow thanks for the detailed response! Sounds like a pretty intricate process excited to try it!

Excited to receive my upgrade
PXL_20210717_145729470.jpg

Wow! What a beauty! It’s got some damage on the back but nothing major. Really just looks like weathering. Really happy I was able to snag one of these. I didn’t get any eyes so I ordered a set of the eBay ones.

92A0B657-E6E4-449C-BFCC-8EB81F93630D.jpeg

Mine finally arrived.. must have taken the slow steamer from Panama ;)

Such an amazing piece, RelicMaker . Thanks so much for making these available.

So happy i was able to get in on one. I would never have had the moolah otherwise.
With all the reflections on the gold finish you can't really notice the scrapes and dings unless you get up close . I'll be adding a bit of weathering at some stage after i get the eyes fitted so it should all just blend right in.(y)

There's a nice solid heft to it too which makes it feel like the real thing and about the weight one could imagine Indy's sand bag could have been too.

Without question THE BEST Idol replica out there! Love it :love:
IMG_0226 copy.JPG

UPDATE:

Sorry, I've lost the list of people who were needing a set of eyes, along with your emails... :confused:

So, anyone who ordered an Idol from me that needs a set of eyes, send the payment below to this Paypal address: proprelics@yahoo.com

Be sure to add a note to the payment saying "Idol Eyes"!

$15
- USA
$25 - International

Thanks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back