Indiana Jones DOD flashlight

Part of me wants to spray it but most of me likes it the way it is. I have a few dark spots I may still mess with but it looks pretty good. After all, it is an adventurers flash light so it’s supposed to be a little worn. Now to make it work again.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hello everyone. I have my own Space Beam, I have stripped the paint off with a paint stripper product and then with air metal I have applied a metal varnish. I love the way it looks with the air metal which is how I think it looks in the movie.

PXL_20230804_182845593~2.jpg

Not my photo-found on Facebook. Apparently, the space beam has a twin. Which one is the real version?? If I had to use an educated guess, I would go Space Beam only because it's out of the UK and they filmed the movie in Europe--more readily available. This Exide version seems to be an American release. The Exide version also appears to be the rarer of the two, so I'm hoping that's not it :lol:
366000713_6830555436954684_5196419980918777590_n.jpg

Last edited:
Not my photo-found on Facebook. Apparently, the space beam has a twin. Which one is the real version?? If I had to use an educated guess, I would go Space Beam only because it's out of the UK and they filmed the movie in Europe--more readily available. This Exide version seems to be an American release. The Exide version also appears to be the rarer of the two, so I'm hoping that's not it :lol: View attachment 1726409
Yeah, that was my post on FB and I got that light from the UK as well.

Not my photo-found on Facebook. Apparently, the space beam has a twin. Which one is the real version??

There appear to be different brands that used this same design for their flashlight, just as with the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull flashlight. Is yours an Eveready?

Also, did you polish the metal after you removed the paint to get the shiny look? RaiderLight's has a more distinct matte finish.

By the way, shouldn't this topic be included in the Indiana Jones "Real World" Props thread? That's where all these type of items that exist in real life and weren't made specifically for the movie are carefully catalogued to keep track of them.

By the way, shouldn't this topic be included in the Indiana Jones "Real World" Props thread? That's where all these type of items that exist in real life and weren't made specifically for the movie are carefully catalogued to keep track of them.
I believe you are correct :lol: . I'll add this at once.

I did not seal mine but I did polish it once I removed the red paint. Not so much a wax, but I did use Brasso multi use cleaner and a buffing wheel.

Yes mine is an Ever Ready

There appear to be different brands that used this same design for their flashlight, just as with the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull flashlight. Is yours an Eveready?

Also, did you polish the metal after you removed the paint to get the shiny look? RaiderLight's has a more distinct matte finish.

Yes, in the film it has the color of dull metal. This flashlight has many manufacturers. Until the film is in 4K you can't easily see the manufacturer, it's quite possible it's an Ever Ready because there are so many of these second hand, but it could have been used from any manufacturer in England (having shot in UK studios). In the frame that shows the photo is where perhaps the manufacturer is best appreciated, although in truth it doesn't matter because they are exactly the same flashlight.

Captura de pantalla (490).png

What a great video of the restoration! I love the NASA version.

I already got the flashlight battery. I'm leaving a picture of the battery in case anyone has trouble figuring out what type of battery to buy. It is a 6 volt. If anyone in your area has difficulty in acquiring one of this type, any type of 6V battery would do, but you would have to use wired splices.

PXL_20230817_063136727.jpg

PXL_20230817_174737290.jpg

Got my SPACE BEAM earlier than expected. Chemically stripped the red finish off. What brand of metal lacquer is recommended to seal and protect it from rusting,

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back