Indiana jones: Chilled monkey brains.

The sculpt on these look great! Awesome work!
Here are some reference images from screen used ones that popped up on PropStore a while back maybe they'll be of some use to you:

View attachment 1634857 View attachment 1634858

View attachment 1634859
View attachment 1634860

View attachment 1634861
Thank you...I know those images, but they do not coincide anatomically with the main cup. If you look closely, the one that appears in the foreground has more macaque features...
I'm not sure if the photo prop was used in the foreground or background...

I'm preparing a piece that I've wanted to do for a long time: Chilled monkey brains.
I show you some of the steps that I have followed...
(Now I am preparing the cup).

View attachment 1632378…I have done a positive with Monsterclay. There are not many references to that head, anatomically it looks like a mix between a macaque and a langur.

View attachment 1632379

I don't show you the whole process, because I'm a disaster and my methodology is unfortunate...

View attachment 1632397
AWESOME!!

Thank you...I know those images, but they do not coincide anatomically with the main cup. If you look closely, the one that appears in the foreground has more macaque features...
I'm not sure if the photo prop was used in the foreground or background...
I'd say so as well, the ones from PropStore were most likely used as less clearly visible background props. Though another prominent foreground monkey head looks very similar in terms of paint and detail work on the hair to the ones that were offered in the auction.

Monkey Brains.PNG

I'd say so as well, the ones from PropStore were most likely used as less clearly visible background props. Though another prominent foreground monkey head looks very similar in terms of paint and detail work on the hair to the ones that were offered in the auction.

View attachment 1636219
You are right. But in that frame you don't see the teeth so clearly and those cheekbones look very flat.
I still have the positive in Monsterclay, I'm going to use its image to modify the head to match that profile... let's see how it looks on the face...

Good Morning. I inform you of my progress in the creation of the head, in case you are interested.
The polyurethane resin prototypes that I have made have two problems: they are heavy (they are solid), and they look unrealistic.
I have chosen to do another test: first two layers of polyurethane rubber for rotational molding (dyed with gray pigment). Once set, I fill the head with polyurethane foam.
Now the head is lighter and it is not rigid, it has some flexibility.
I am happy with the result...☺️☺️

0C31131B-4D7A-4601-ACFC-2CE7BB6B5895.jpeg

Attachments

• 11439673-FA6A-4DDD-A30D-2C02560128CA.jpeg
    11439673-FA6A-4DDD-A30D-2C02560128CA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
Another advantage to take into account is that semi-rigid polyurethane is translucent, so it can give a very realistic look (playing with the tones of the filling) and the subsequent painting.

Lookin good. Do you think the polyurethane captures the details better?
both rigid and semi-rigid polyurethane exactly reproduce the details of the mold. It is not a detail problem. To the touch, the semi-rigid (foam filled) has a more realistic weight and appearance. With rigid polyurethane, the sensation is of figure.
But it's my opinion

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back