Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

I personally wouldn’t want a replica larger than an 8 inch diameter. Otherwise it’ll take up too much retail space in the cabinet.

I don’t think anyone looking at it in my office will pull out a pair of calipers.
This one had me double take, triple take and then just fell apart laughing.

First, I had to reconcile myself to the fact that you did not want an EXACT copy. This is unusual rpf behavior.

Second, I realized your interest in the display as a whole was more intense than in the replica, thus having obsessive tendencies but focused on a different attribute of the hobby/lifestyle. This would be perfectly normal rpf behavior.

Third, I thought "Ya, no one packs around calipers anyway.... except when I am out searching for match possibilities at thrift... or when...". And if I have calipers then my friends and visitors might also have calipers. So maybe the expectation that no one would be carrying calipers might not be rpf behavior.

Fourth and final and I am completely on board with this. You didn't say you didn't expect anyone might carry random measuring tools (calipers, swatches, a magnet, etc.). You said they wouldn't whip them out and measure something on or in the display (inferred). And here I can agree wholeheartedly due to the expected immediate aggression from the collection owner over my complete disrepect in touching a prized replica without permission.

AKA, I agree.

This one had me double take, triple take and then just fell apart laughing.

First, I had to reconcile myself to the fact that you did not want an EXACT copy. This is unusual rpf behavior.

Second, I realized your interest in the display as a whole was more intense than in the replica, thus having obsessive tendencies but focused on a different attribute of the hobby/lifestyle. This would be perfectly normal rpf behavior.

Third, I thought "Ya, no one packs around calipers anyway.... except when I am out searching for match possibilities at thrift... or when...". And if I have calipers then my friends and visitors might also have calipers. So maybe the expectation that no one would be carrying calipers might not be rpf behavior.

Fourth and final and I am completely on board with this. You didn't say you didn't expect anyone might carry random measuring tools (calipers, swatches, a magnet, etc.). You said they wouldn't whip them out and measure something on or in the display (inferred). And here I can agree wholeheartedly due to the expected immediate aggression from the collection owner over my complete disrepect in touching a prized replica without permission.

AKA, I agree.
You put WAY more thought into it than I did.

The boat clock should be a Bayard Stentor.

Attachments

• IMG_0720.jpg
    IMG_0720.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2024-03-11 134812.JPG
    Screenshot 2024-03-11 134812.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 12
  • the-dial-of-destiny(2023)_06795.JPG
    the-dial-of-destiny(2023)_06795.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 8

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back