Indiana Jones 5

I don't need to see Indy die. I don't need to see anymore Indy flicks. They sorta proved they don't have what it takes to make them anymore, so why should I care.

If they kill Indy, then I'll send all my Indy-DVD's and -Blu-ray's to hell!!!!!!!! Seriously!!!

Hm... I can imagine something like a death like in Tomb Raider IV.

Some stones falling down, Indy is burried, is he alive, is he dead? Let's think he's dead and we've got a lot of possibilities for Indiana Jones chronicles or something, a movie about the young Indy...

Why they start to make a fourth movie? Now it has to go on and on...

Indiana Jones and the Lost Bed Pan

maybe, the 5th movie will have Indy waking up from a nap and having a bad dream with aliens and a crystal skull.......

one can only hope

Killing Indiana Jones, the main character, off in a movie? That would be one hell of a stupid move. And is not possible when you look at how stories work. All stories that have "dead" main characters in them or where the main characters die are either told from a first person perspective or are dramas, with the end being inevitable from the beginning. I am curious to see examples of a movie, especially in a series of movies, where the lead and title giving characer is killed off. T-2 does not count. Same goes for Alien/Aliens/Alien³/Alien:Resurrection/AlienSchmalien etc. :p

I'd go see it because I enjoy the movies. They'll make a butt-load of money no matter what they do with the storyline. They proved it with the last one.

Also, it says at the end of the article that Indy won't be killed off.

After "Temple of Doom" it went right over the cliff. "Last Crusade", with the exception of a few isolated moments, was terrible! How could they have done that to poor Marcus, turned him into a complete buffoon!!! And even "Temple" was nearly ruined by the presence of the highly annoying Willie Scott. There are few parts I liked in "Crystal Skull" but generally it blew massive chunks. Spielberg has moved past films like this to more serious fare, he can't backtrack without making parodies of his earlier film style, which is exactly what "Crystal Skull" is.

Loathe as I am to use the term.......

Reboot.

Recast.
Return to the 1930's.
Back to a badass.

You could even have Ford in it as some kind of segueway into the reboot.

Loathe as I am to use the term.......

Reboot.

Recast.
Return to the 1930's.
Back to a badass.

You could even have Ford in it as some kind of segueway into the reboot.

I actually had a similar thought- since I'd love to have Indiana Jones movies go on forever.
Suppose the movie starts in 1960 or whenever-- to accommodate Ford's age. Something unsolved from his past resurfaces and the mystery is slowly unveiled through flashbacks with a NEW young actor- the movie could be 50% Ford and 50% new guy. If audiences go for it, then the new guy can continue to Indy 6 and beyond. If they HATE the new guy, they should then leave the series alone

I'd rather see them reboot the franchise with a new actor playing Indy at a much younger age. Just do some of his earlier adventures. We can still have Indy and it doesn't have to be Ford. Killing him off will just pee a bunch of people off and kill the whole Indiana Jones franchise. Nobody wants to see "The Adventures of Indy's Son" or "The Adventures of LeBeouf "

I thought they killed him off in 4, oh noes that was the audience.

:lol

I have said it elsewhere, I knew for a long time Indy 5 was coming. I promise it is going to be excellent.

If you know Spielberg, you know that he cannot live with criticism. Last Crusade was not going to happen until TOD was met with critical reception.

If they can limit the yes men around, which is one of George Lucas' recent vices, I think they have it in them to hit one more out of the park.

Don't forget, it's not the years, it's the mileage. An older Indy CAN be interesting.

I actually had a similar thought- since I'd love to have Indiana Jones movies go on forever.
Suppose the movie starts in 1960 or whenever-- to accommodate Ford's age. Something unsolved from his past resurfaces and the mystery is slowly unveiled through flashbacks with a NEW young actor- the movie could be 50% Ford and 50% new guy. If audiences go for it, then the new guy can continue to Indy 6 and beyond. If they HATE the new guy, they should then leave the series alone

I like this idea a lot actually.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back