Immortals Greek Hoplite Helmet

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Well, this is a bit bittersweet. I bid on several helmets from the Premiere Props eBay auctions but bid higher than any others for this helmet as I thought it looked exceptional... and I snagged it. Now Premiere Props listed many of the helmets as broken, even some that weren't evident. This helmet wasn't listed as broken... but when I got it a big chunk was missing from the side you couldn't see in the auction! UGH!!! I was so excited about this and now just kind of disappointed. Other than the chunk missing, it really is a pretty nice piece!

While I typically buy from Prop Store, I have written Premiere Props and we will see how their customer service is.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well, this is a bit bittersweet. I bid on several helmets from the Premiere Props eBay auctions but bid higher than any others for this helmet as I thought it looked exceptional... and I snagged it. Now Premiere Props listed many of the helmets as broken, even some that weren't evident. This helmet wasn't listed as broken... but when I got it a big chunk was missing from the side you couldn't see in the auction! UGH!!! I was so excited about this and now just kind of disappointed. Other than the chunk missing, it really is a pretty nice piece!

It is a nice piece, congrats. :) In your picture it looks so rounded and symmetrical that I'd wonder if it wasn't deliberately distressed for a shot of something piercing the wearer's neck, in which case you might conceivably be able to screen-match it--which would make the "damage" perhaps a blessing rather than a curse...

Possible, but I think it is highly unlikely. It is a really clean break, almost like someone picked it up by an edge and it just snapped off. I just wish they would have noted it in the auction and shown a pic so I would have known before bidding.

You know what, i was just bidding on one of these and i'm happy to report ive been outbid.

Although its a lovely piece, the more i read the item discription the more i wish i had not begun to bid on it.

Also the spike that you have on the top of your's is missing on the one i was bidding on, to some including me at first, i thought hey it adds to it's appeal and authenticity but now im really glad iv'e been outbid.

i hope i don't regret the decision not to persue this item in time to come

Oh i agree its definately a really nice piece, i just hope i dont live to regret my decision.

i love all the Sand and Sandal movie props i own quite a bit myself, i just wasn't 100% about this one, a break like your's i think i could live with but an important piece like the spike hmmmmmmmm i'm not so sure i could live with that

A little bummed to report back that I have heard nothing back from Premiere Props... Guess they are taking the Honey Badger route...

... and this is why I usually buy my props from Prop Store. Stephen and Brandon would never let this happen or would address it immediately if it did.

A little bummed to report back that I have heard nothing back from Premiere Props... Guess they are taking the Honey Badger route...

... and this is why I usually buy my props from Prop Store. Stephen and Brandon would never let this happen or would address it immediately if it did.

Well I now know to be a bit careful when/if dealing with Premiere Props. :unsure

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back