if you could direct one super hero movie what would it be and why?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by sp1derman, May 12, 2012.

1. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

exactly what the title says;

for me although id like to say daredevil i don't no enough about him to actually say i like the cahrecter i love him the spiderman cartoon lol the film (dont judge i love the DC cut watch it constantly) and the shadowland series
    for me it would be spiderman even though there's more films of him the most superheroes (excluding batman and superman) i want to see him later in life (he got bit by a spider WE KNOW please next remake no origin story) struggling to keep doing what he's doing realizing he's slower, challenging his abilities and one villain rule and i'd love to have hydro man as him. it would be aimed at an older generation not the kids i hate how its all for the kids these days when they were aimed at mid teens and up (im only 18 myself).

so guys what film and why?

2. Crank729

Crank729 Sr Member

For me......Probably Deadpool. I know that some people don't like him, but I feel like he's a great character if done right. His banter is awesome, while at the same time he can be a very "deep" character, as seen in the 90's run of comics he's featured in.

I also have a strange feeling FOX will mess up his movie. Don't know why, FOX has such a great track record of quality entertainment.:rolleyes

3. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

if my laugh icon worked id be using it although X-1 and X2 & DD were good i do feel XMO: Wolverine ruined deadpool even though im a fan of the film s a stand alone action flick who knows after how good XM First class was we may get a good deadpool

4. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

I love me some Deadpool. For me, I'd like to throw my hat in for doing a great adaptation of Wonder Woman or Black Widow. :)

5. The Wolf

The Wolf Sr Member

Even though Doctor Strange isn't my favorite character I have ideas about how I would show his origin and film his Sanctum Sanctorum. If given the chance, I would gladly direct it.

Wolf

6. BAK55

BAK55 Well-Known Member

I would work on a more obscure character than what people are familair with. That would be MAGNUS, Robot Fighter 4000AD. An adaption of Russ Manning's creation of a "Tarzan of the future", and the idea of the ultimate "man vs machine" battle still thrills me.

7. crabra comander

crabra comander Sr Member

They had an animated film, I thought it was pretty good.

8. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

aquaman: everyone would allready think he sucks before seeing the movie, so no high expectations there :D

9. mez7

mez7 Sr Member

fantastic4....they're rebooting it now and i know its just going to wind up another generic superhero movie, which is not what it should be.

it should be about them being scientists, and adventurers..

the origin would be done over the credits, and movie villian would be moleman..and this happens, monsters coming up from beneath newyork, they go down to investigate..
    [​IMG]

the sequel would be the negative zone and annihilus, reed picks up a signal coming from the negative zone...they go through and investigate.

10. infymys

infymys Sr Member

Spawn. The original just was too corny for me. Leguizamo as Clown and Martin Sheen as Jason Wynn was mediocre at best. And Cogliostro was just bad.
    How would I do it? Heaven vs Hell. Angela and Tiffany and other angels trying to destroy Spawn. Spawn seeking revenge on Wynn and Chapel and in the process he meets and battles Overtkill. The Phlebiac Brothers sent from Hell by Malebogia to push Spawn. And humans caught in the middle of it all with Twitch and Sam as the main focus.

And a perfect lead to a sequel would be Wynn getting killed and being reborn as The Redeemer.

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  11. crabra comander

crabra comander Sr Member

Good synopsis, thanks for the screenplay, YOINK! :lol

Spawn would be on my list. G.I. Joe and those Aquannauts!

12. Rotwang

Rotwang Sr Member

Wonder Woman and Power Girl mudwrestling for four hours. If that doesn't make a billion dollars at the box-office, I'll hand over my membership of the human race.

13. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

Actually, I would do this more as TV series.

Daredevil -- specifically the "Born Again" story arc. Now that the Avengers are actually on film and we have a decent Captain America, you could film this.

14. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

Evil Ernie, showing the origin story and including Lady Death as a guest character. The ending of the film could tie into the HACK/Slash comic series, ending with Casey Hack and Vlad showing up.

15. Demoriel

Demoriel Member

16. wannab

wannab Sr Member

I can't think of any super hero, but I kill to tackle a live action retro Johnny Quest. I have a lot of ideas for stories and production design.

Doug

17. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Absolutely awesome idea. Now you can bet that Hollywood will be picking that idea up.

It´s good to have a few old school-ians around who still know the vintage heroes. I think Magnus was the one hero that was not resurrected in the Valiant universe alongside Dr.Solar and a few others?

18. Shadow345

Shadow345 Well-Known Member

Radioactive Man

Up and atom!

19. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

I'd totally do a movie for Invincible. His universe is so rich, and full of awesome characters. It would be insanely easy to do spin off movies with characters like Brit, Tech Jacket, Astounding Wolfmen, etc. and then have a big group movie for Guadians of the Globe.

20. Shade88

Shade88 Well-Known Member

Two words: Batman. Beyond. :cool

21. JD

JD Master Member

Superman. I don't think anyone's gotten it right yet, not even close.

and...

Mage.

22. Jeyl

Jeyl Master Member

Stephanie Brown as Batgirl. I loved how simple minded and fun her character was and I enjoyed the heck out of her comic run. I think it would be a nice to have an angst free super hero who does what she does simply because she wants to do good, not because she's had a tragic life. I'll leave the tragic stuff to her mentor Barbara Gordon.

23. Davlin

Davlin Well-Known Member

@ Shade88 : OH YEAH ! A Batman Beyond movie, well executed, could be a real treat. Who would have guessed that ? ^_^

24. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

I don't think 'simple minded' is the term I'd use for Stephanie's run as Batgirl. Lighthearted, maybe? She loved being a hero and she had fun at it which made her such a great counter to Batman and the others' usual grumpiness.

25. Jeyl

Jeyl Master Member

Yeah, lighthearted is what I was thinking. I don't know why I put simple minded into the post. Must be tired.

And I love her outfit as well. Had a nice blend of Batgirl and Spoiler's colors. I still did the heck out of this cover.

[​IMG]

26. BAK55

BAK55 Well-Known Member

Actually, it was. But the Valiant version was horrible. They expalined his skills as being a superpower rather than being trained to do what he could do, then gave him a superhero's costume. Dark Horse had recently gave this title a go, also horrlble and changed the costume to some kind of bicyclist attire. No one seems to get it in their heads that the tunic is a variation of Tazan's lion cloth.

27. Xosmi

Xosmi New Member

Although not really a superhero, i'd love to direct a movie based on transmetropolitan (Spider Jerusalem)
    If it HAS to be a superhero, then deadpool hands down.
    As for why -- i think the transmetropolitan story could work really well for a movie, and i'd just love to see deadpool on screen :D

28. thebooder

thebooder Member

Spiderman. Simply because I'd like to see Venom done right. And Carnage.

29. The BDK

The BDK Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'd love to do a series for Punisher and Daredevil. Done up Cinemax style, not in the typical network drama way.

Movie wise, I'd love a crack at the X-men, as good as they were to go back and do them more 90's style with out all the black leather, and more bad guys than Magneto.

30. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

I don't know if there are enough prop stores in Hollywood to make all the leather pouches and straps necessary for such a film. And it'd rely on far to much CGI to give people the kind of anatomy that Rob Liefeld specializes in.

31. djdancypants

djdancypants New Member

civil war that would be epic

32. timelordjedi777

timelordjedi777 Well-Known Member

I would have to say Green Lantern because I'm a huge fan and I understand it a lot more than the people that made the current movie. As far as movies that haven't been made I would say Red Tornado.

33. Alan Cross

Alan Cross Sr Member

Fantastic Four! Because I was born to do it... ;)

And Adam Warlock... because it blew my mind when I was sixteen. And I owe the sixteen year old version of myself a great Warlock movie.

34. darthgordon

darthgordon Sr Member

Batman...

I enjoyed the Nolan and Burton films, but I just think it could still be done a bit more like the comics (though, honestly, Batman has been done a 100 different ways in the comics too)...

We'll see what the next reboot after Nolan finishes up will have in store...

35. Rotwang

Rotwang Sr Member

Rob Liefeld is to anatomy (and the art of drawing in general) what the Boston Strangler is to a woman alone at home. Didn't stop him from crying all the way to the bank though.

36. yodakiller1138

yodakiller1138 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The NEW GODS because we need a NEW cosmic film saga for people to get excited about, though I'm sure like John Carter people will accuse it of being a ripoff of Star Wars.

37. EmergencyLlama

EmergencyLlama New Member

Spiderman Noir, I like how it could be dark and gritty and badass. I think he would be a cool twist on the classic red and blue spidey. Just look at him. Don't you think this would be a must see movie?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  38. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Power Girl. Do I need to say more? lol

39. familyman

familyman Sr Member

Superman for me. I would love to direct a superman movie.

40. Vinom11

Vinom11 Active Member

Superman for me too. The man of steel has not been enjoying as much popularity lately and I think a movie based off this concept would work. Supes being conflicted over whether he should continue to save and protect a resentful public. Showing a more human and vulnerable side.

41. captain avenger

captain avenger Active Member

While these aren't individual superheroes, this is what I'd like to do:

Here's my plan: now that we've seen both the X-men and the avengers, I want to make a house of M movie. I always thought it would make an epic movie. We'd have to make a whole new spider-man reboot to tie his role in to the avengers and also make a few X-men/Avengers crossovers and add some characters to make it work, but that's nothing Marvel couldn't do in the next batch of movies( Cap 2, IM3, etc...)

Another Idea is to do the Marvel runaway's series, especially the part where they go back in time to a steampunk superhero universe.

42. MasterRoshi

MasterRoshi New Member

I'd like to make a good Dragonball movie. ;)

43. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

i second that!

44. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Makes you cry doesn't it, knowing that people are so stupid they thing scifi didn't' exist until Star Wars? I'd love to do either a massive live action or animated movie based on the Batman Animated series of the 90s (which is based partly on the 89 movie). I just love the retro look to it and the Arkham games have proved that it translates to other mediums. It would have to be written by Paul Diny though.

45. Barryjoe

Barryjoe Active Member

I would like to do a BATMAN movie. It would be a small film, without CGI. He wouldn't be trying to save all of Gotham city, just a few people in it. The film would focus on him and how difficult his burden is to be the Batman. For him, every night would be another chance to stop anyone from going through the horror that he went through as a boy. The film would also demonstrate his great detective skills. And every time he was in his outfit, it would be scary as hell.

Barry.

46. Jet Beetle

Jet Beetle Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

And they never will my friend.

I'd like to direct AMBUSH BUG or DAMAGE CONTROL -- but if they won't give me those, I'd be happy with US 1 (remember that one?)

NakedMoleRat likes this.
  47. Alan Cross

Alan Cross Sr Member

I think Donner's first Superman movie does a lot of things right - especially for the time in which it was made. I especially think the casting of Christopher Reeves was a phenomenal choice. And his costume looked fantastic.

The sequence where Superman rescues Lois Lane in one hand and grabs the falling helicopter in the other was absolutely right.

What would you do different/better?

48. Jeyl

Jeyl Master Member

No time travel. No memory wipe kiss. No forced comic relief. No Nuclear Man.

49. Jet Beetle

Jet Beetle Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

You'll miss those things when Man of Steel comes out

50. mez7

mez7 Sr Member

i would watch either of those...lol