Identifying an old Blade Runner Gun kit

VeryExciting

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A friend of mine just gave me this old Resin Blade Runner gun that he got and did a bunch of work on forever ago. It's missing a few pieces and I wanted to figure out what kit is is from so I can try to match up pieces. Can anyone help?

unnamed-9.jpgunnamed-11.jpg

Yep, it is one of Rick's. Or a possible recast. He would be able to say for certain.

Does anyone know if EDC Studios made changes to the kit when Rick sold them the masters and permission to sell kits? It's been years and my memory is foggy.

Rick Ross is, by the way, both a member here on the RPF and one of the nicest, most talented artists in the prop community.

Cheers,

Ted.

From knowing this guy and what he was doing back then I'd be surprised if it wasn't an authentic Rick Ross PKD II.

So, how can I get parts?

Next Question, should I refinish it?

I just got a Pink all plastic Sidkit, which I have almost for sure decided to leave as is, It's surprisingly cool Pink. Also I'm getting a Tomenosuke shortly, like, as soon as UPS comes today. So I will have a very well finished gun... Do I finish this or leave it as is with the Time my friend put into it giving it a nice story?

What do you think?

Next Question, should I refinish it?

I just got a Pink all plastic Sidkit, which I have almost for sure decided to leave as is, It's surprisingly cool Pink. Also I'm getting a Tomenosuke shortly, like, as soon as UPS comes today. So I will have a very well finished gun... Do I finish this or leave it as is with the Time my friend put into it giving it a nice story?

What do you think?

I would age that one, maybe to a Worldcon look, if you are going to leave the tomenosuke "as issued". Looks like he did a good job so aging (and adding led's) shouldn't be too hard.

edit: btw, if it's real that's a nice find as it still has Shimago Dominguez on it, which came before Rick created the Pflager Katsumata (PKD) brand.

Last edited:
if you are going to leave the tomenosuke with an "as issued" look.

The Tomen' I'm getting in has been through a lot, so it has quite a story as well... Went to Brazil, got roughed up by Customs, came back to US, repaired by HCG, Shipped just before Hurricane Irma hit, Rode out the Hurricane in Jacksonville, and is on a vehicle for delivery as we speak. I feel like it would be a disservice to do anything but display it proudly... it's like the R2D2 of Replica Blade Runner Blasters.

btw, if it's real that's a nice find as it still has Shimago Dominguez on it, which came before Rick created the Pflager Katsumata (PKD) brand.

Wrong. Pflager-Katsumata came first - that's what established the "PKD" When Rick did the PK-D II (and later the PK-D Snub) he used the Shimago-Dominguez markings.

Wrong. Pflager-Katsumata came first - that's what established the "PKD" When Rick did the PK-D II (and later the PK-D Snub) he used the Shimago-Dominguez markings.

You sure ? I read that Rick had copywrite issues with using S-D on his original models since its a name used in the movie. He created PK to avoid this.

Edit: Ok, this is straight from the man:

"The PKD II had two iterations. The first few had the marking, "Shimago Dominguez" on the side. When I retooled it and made more component parts of the gun, I changed it to the more familiar, "Pfläger Katsumata" markings"

So you are correct that this is an earlier version of the PKD II. Just not sure why he used SD when he had already established PK.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tomen' I'm getting in has been through a lot, so it has quite a story as well... Went to Brazil, got roughed up by Customs, came back to US, repaired by HCG, Shipped just before Hurricane Irma hit, Rode out the Hurricane in Jacksonville, and is on a vehicle for delivery as we speak. I feel like it would be a disservice to do anything but display it proudly... it's like the R2D2 of Replica Blade Runner Blasters.

You got that one ! I saw it on the Junkyard, cool story.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back