Ideas + Help For BatSuit. Carbon Fibre

HypeFace

THE LOOK I'M GOING FOR
I was thinking of making a batsuit out of carbon fibre. So I went on ebay and had a look how much Carbon cloth is, compared to what I though it would be, it was cheap.

Carbon Fibre Cloth 1m x 1m: Carbon Fibre Cloth (Twill Weave) 1m x 1m (200gm) | eBay

I could also use Kevlar/Carbon which is a mix.

Carbon/Kevlar Cloth: Carbon/Kevlar Cloth - 180g/m² - 1m wide - plain weave | eBay

I was also going to use Motocross Armour as the main bass(I do not have much experience in sewing) and use a carbon fibre sticker layered over the pads for it to blend in.

Motocross Armour: Motocross Motorcycle Motorbike Quad Bike Body Armour Protector Protection | eBay

Carbon Sticker: **3D Carbon Fibre Vinyl Sheet Wrap Sticker Film** | eBay

Thats all I've got so far. All of the stuff I mentioned should come to around £200 :)

I also need some sort of template to copy off!

Last edited:
Just keep in mind that Carbon fiber Carbon/kevlar isn't really designed to be used as a sewing or covering cloth, but rather a base for composite panels similar to fiberglass. You're probably better off going with the vinyl that looks like carbon fiber weave, over trying to actually cover your costume with real carbon fiber

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back