Icons B-9 Robot

ThePhoenix

I know years ago Icons made the first Licensed full size B-9 and took a ton of deposits and never made good on delivery on them. I personally have never actually heard of anyone who got one. If you are one of the lucky ones please post a photo :)

There are 1 or 2 here that have them iirc.

There are also a few members here that worked for Icons and their B-9

Cool I hope they come forward I had the large Icons color catalog that showed some impressive pictures of them. In the catalog some dude had like a line of ten hollow B-9's
at the plant. I never even seen one come on Ebay over last 10 years. I showed my wife that catalog a few years ago and remember how happy she was that the place was closed so that I couldn't order the Hero pulse rifle lol

I remember that pic, I almost ordered one thank God I did'nt.

I think only 6 or 8 ever made it out

I know years ago Icons made the first Licensed full size B-9 and took a ton of deposits and never made good on delivery on them. I personally have never actually heard of anyone who got one. If you are one of the lucky ones please post a photo :)
My dad has number 8 Icons B-9 Robot ,a couple of them our in my gyoung2993 profile pictures ,but here is one of them while the robot was talking......

Last edited:
WOW it looks cool talk about rare! Mind if I ask how long he has had it and if he got it from Icons and how he got his lol . I know it was supposed to play tapes or cds does it? And if you don't mind me asking did they ever make a Coa for it? Love to see it if they did! Hey man
huge thanks for posting its really an amazing find :)

WOW it looks cool talk about rare! Mind if I ask how long he has had it and if he got it from Icons and how he got his lol . I know it was supposed to play tapes or cds does it? And if you don't mind me asking did they ever make a Coa for it? Love to see it if they did! Hey man
huge thanks for posting its really an amazing find :)
He has had that thing I guess 10 to 12 years ,has all the paperwork ,it does play phrases from CDs and he sings along with music CDs as well ,it came in 3 crates ...............hes got several items from Icons ,t2 skull,1st season LIS blaster, Pulse rifle....He never got his Jupiter 2 ,they bankrupted on him after he paid for that....He has a nice collection....Mine I have an Icons T2 and used to have pulse rifle from Icons but sold it....Regrets ,Regrets...lol

It is my understanding that 11 made it out the door, out of 66 paid.
Damn , I didnt know that ,OOOOO I bet some people were ready to kill those folks for all that money they took, I think Dad paid 9 or 10 thousand for it ,its been so long since he bought that old thing ,cant remember how long he has had it now .....guesstomation....it was in latter 90's I would say.....

Yeah I had at one point a vast Icons collection even a couple prototypes
all from Ebay before the stuff went to outer space . Its very cool to see a few collectors have them . Its insane that he sings along with the songs! If they delivered on only 10 and took payment on 66 that leave 55 very upset people to this day .

There was a video from back in the day floating around the net of jim latta getting tracked down at Comic con by a investigative news reporter who went with a customer who never got his money or the robot. This was while they were still taking payments and not returning calls. Jim's face was priceless when the camera was on him .:eek

He wrote the dude a check on the spot for something like 7500 all the time saying look at the quality of these replicas lol . The head of comic con tossed jim out for not paying his fees and said he was not welcome back . I hear once that story ran on TV Icons was truly finished . If you think about it how Jim never went to prison for fraud is another mystery . Thanks again for posting it your pops looks like a cool guy :)

Yeah I had at one point a vast Icons collection even a couple prototypes
all from Ebay before the stuff went to outer space . Its very cool to see a few collectors have them . Its insane that he sings along with the songs! If they delivered on only 10 and took payment on 66 that leave 55 very upset people to this day .

There was a video from back in the day floating around the net of jim latta getting tracked down at Comic con by a investigative news reporter who went with a customer who never got his money or the robot. This was while they were still taking payments and not returning calls. Jim's face was priceless when the camera was on him .:eek

He wrote the dude a check on the spot for something like 7500 all the time saying look at the quality of these replicas lol . The head of comic con tossed jim out for not paying his fees and said he was not welcome back . I hear once that story ran on TV Icons was truly finished . If you think about it how Jim never went to prison for fraud is another mystery . Thanks again for posting it your pops looks like a cool guy :)
No problem ,I am sure there is more out there that has a few ,members of the B-9 club ,I would imagine.......My dad loves his B-9 ,but I got funny pictures of that robot,that set my fathers hair on fire.......HEHEHEHEHE !!!

Back in the day I was about to deposit $$$ down for the B9 & The Creature from the Black Lagoon & had also paid for many other replicas & was screwed! Latta personally guaranteed me I would get my items & I found out later he was already going through the bankruptcy process & was just having me calm down & wait while the bankruptcy went through! That's what pisses me off the most: Latta being dishonest! I know he's a member here & many "protect" him as they see him as a victim. He can also be located through his facebook account. Had ICONS not tried & get too big, they probably would still be around. Just wished that Latta & his staff would have been honest & not taken on orders for many thousands when they went down! :angry

Last edited:
Latta is a member here and people are protecting him???

Let me rephrase it: I have heard that Latta might be a member on this forum & some protect his reputation when others speak negatively about him. It is a shame that scum like him end up being protected from being sued by the bankruptcy laws!

Well anyone that is protecting him needs to have an ethics check. He ripped me off. I actually talked to the Fed agent that was investigating icons stuff years ago but never found out what happened. I got ripped for the pred helmet $750. I actually got to talk to Micheal Burnett (Big fx's guy) he is the one that made them for Icons and never was paid in full so he sold me one that he had left, not # but at least I got it. Victim, really? Think not. The Fed told me that he would give his employees their paycheck then cancel it before they could cash it. Now I understand that even though its from the Fed it could be BS but I know for a fact I got ripped. They called at least 3-4 times a week till I paid in full then never would return my call. I had a couple of friends that wanted to track him down and "Show" him how they felt about being ripped off, but I told them Karma will play a big part. Wonder if that train has come to pick him up yet?

Sorry from going on a rant, did not mean to take away from what the thread was meant for. The B-9 was great. It just makes me sick that a scumbag like that rips people off then gets protected by some law. Sad.

Let me rephrase it: I have heard that Latta might be a member on this forum & some protect his reputation when others speak negatively about him. It is a shame that scum like him end up being protected from being sued by the bankruptcy laws!

I hear you man they could have been huge but
to many things got in the way . The bogus investment banker thing really killed them that to many other things lol

They almost went public how crazy is that . There is actual stock certs for icons still around . I have heard icons was to get 5 million in funding to groom it to go on the market 6 months before they went bust .

They got 1 mill that paid for the robot factory and the huge payroll . Once the bankers got the pct of the 1 mill they said later . I really have no idea if this is true its just what i have heard from a few people .

Non of it matters when it comes to taking money on products you never delivered on.

Was it really worth looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life.

Last edited:
I agree and your right. Funny how this post is here as I just ran into a few people that I talked to the other day and his name came up. You still could see the flame in their eyes. I saw a B-9 go for around $10,000 the other day. Still a nice piece.

I agree and your right. Funny how this post is here as I just ran into a few people that I talked to the other day and his name came up. You still could see the flame in their eyes. I saw a B-9 go for around $10,000 the other day. Still a nice piece.

10k wow . They had employed at one time some of the best people the industry had to offer . I agree the stuff was and still looks killer .

Don't even trip man trust me karma gets everyone in the end .

Been here years and that has never happened.

One thread a lot of Employees were ripping on him.

I'm sure he will get his in the end if he has'nt already

Let me rephrase it: I have heard that Latta might be a member on this forum & some protect his reputation when others speak negatively about him.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back