Iain Jedpred's Wip

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Ata-pala

So I finally started work on my Pred costume. The first thing to do was the Biomask. Thanks to cinama guy I printed off a Pepakura template and set to work. The first question was how to strengthen the paper model once complete. The RPF's Stealth recommended Smoothcast 320 and 321 as an alternative to fiberglass resin, which is toxic. I bought a trial pack of 321 and applied it to the outside of the mask. Perhaps it was the oil and sweat from my fingers getting into the card but the Smoothcast pooled like oil on glass and did not go on smoothly like paint. Another coat helped. Guess I need more practice. Anyway, here in Turkey (I'm British but live and work in Izmir) you cannot find Bondo products and importing them is impossible due to the really strict customs regime. Boatmakers and car repair shops use local equivalents, which are not as good. Also, polyester car body filler does not stick very well to Smoothcast. It just flakes off! Most annoying. Still, I used polyester car body filler, wood putty and Polifill to round off the flat surfaces on the mask. I also applied several coats of 321 to the inside of the mask along with strips of newspaper to help strengthen it. I've heard that Smoothcast 305 is ideal for Pepakura strengthening, so I will try that on my other Pep projects (Iron Man, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Fallout T51b). As you can see from the pics here I have drawn in where I shall cut the eyes and also some holes in the front so I can breathe. I want to put in a triangular pattern LED or a single LED with three lenses to be the Plasma caster designator. No luck finding anything suitable. Any help would be appreciated. Constructive comments also very welcome.

PredMask002.jpg.gif

PredMask001.jpg.gif

PredMask004.jpg.gif

PredMask003.jpg.gif

PredMask008.jpg.gif

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.