I won the "Dinosaurs" animatronic head Robbie Sinclair auction on Prop Storecquired

pnoa

Hi all, I won the Prop Store auction for the one of the two rebuilt Robbie Sinclair animatronic heads from the TV series "Dinosaurs". The original heads were built in London and rebuilt between seasons 2 and 3 to make them more robust. I've contacted the guy who built it and we are currently discussing details of its construction. Please see the photos posted here: Robbie Sinclair head. It's very detailed and complex!

Last edited:
Great piece. How many were made? 'Cause the one in the creature shops looks a bit different. Yours still has some skin on it, while that one hasn't.

Great piece. How many were made? 'Cause the one in the creature shops looks a bit different. Yours still has some skin on it, while that one hasn't.
I was told that the original was made in London and was completely rebuilt in Los Angeles between seasons 2 and 3, as it was not designed to stand up to the rigors of 12 hour production days. But you're right the one on the wall looks a bit cleaner. I'll ask about it. EDIT: turns out there were two heads for each character, so it would be more accurate to say I have one of the two "rebuilt" Robbie heads. ;)

Last edited:
Still fantastic to own. Those at Henson will never leave the creature shop. You can see that one in one of Adam's vids as well.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back